Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!
Ask Craig Van Ness...

Hey guys,

I've got an opportunity to do an interview with Craig for an upcoming feature on Heroscape that I'm writing for the newspaper here in Sac that runs my regular column. It'll be a general introductory piece on Heroscape, its design, its history, and its value for those looking for family entertainment on a budget.

So, with that in mind, I have about 15 questions that I can ask Craig and would love to get some questions from you guys that you might want to see answered. Bear in mind that this is going to be a general-interest piece to an audience uniformed about HS, so technical/strategy questions aren't really going to make the cut. But if there's something that you've been wondering, please post and let me know- I'll see if I can work it in.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ask Craig Van Ness...

I was under the impression that Craig no longer works directly with Heroscape as he's with Hasbro and WOTC now deal with Heroscape?
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Okay, here is a question: Got any info you can tell us on master set 3? Also, what is your answer to people who think 'scape may be evil becaue of having magic and undead int it?

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
I was under the impression that Craig no longer works directly with Heroscape as he's with Hasbro and WOTC now deal with Heroscape?
That's correct. But because I wanted to do an interview with one of the creators and their inspiration for the game, WotC was able to hook me up with an interview with Craig, even in his capacity with Hasbro.

I'm also dealing with the current Brand Manager for Heroscape, so more recent questions regarding the brand will go through him, not Craig.

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Zombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
That's correct. But because I wanted to do an interview with one of the creators and their inspiration for the game, WotC was able to hook me up with an interview with Craig, even in his capacity with Hasbro.

I'm also dealing with the current Brand Manager for Heroscape, so more recent questions regarding the brand will go through him, not Craig.
Cool. Ask him why Taelord costs so much?
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

I do not have a question but I'd love to see the article when it runs. Does the paper have an online edition?

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

For Mr. Van Ness: From where did you get the inspiration for HeroScape? How many games have you designed? Where would HeroScape rank among those?

For the manager: What are you doing to ensure that HeroScape remains popular into the future? Would you consider taking pre-orders of the next wave to assure that their is still a large market? Can you get all the big retailers to continue to stock HeroScape (like Target and Toys'R'Us)?
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Can you post the atricle here? Anyway I would ask him the basics like, what is it? How did you create it? Why did you create it and what are youre plans for the future?
Oh yeah, and don't forget to ask for an autograph.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar View Post
I do not have a question but I'd love to see the article when it runs. Does the paper have an online edition?
Ugg. It does, but is also a completely bothersome system. I'll get an archive of it up here when it runs.

...Just another nerd.

Old April 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

HeroQuest, Stratego Legends, BattleMasters...
all seem like stages in evolution to HeroScape...
Will there be another stage?
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:13 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

To Mr. Van Ness -- Do you and Steve Baker have any plans to do any games together in the future? Any chance on making an updated Heroquest? I know you want to.

My Recent Plays:
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

For the manager: What are you doing to ensure that HeroScape remains popular into the future? Would you consider taking pre-orders of the next wave to assure that their is still a large market? Can you get all the big retailers to continue to stock HeroScape (like Target and Toys'R'Us)?[/quote]

Please ask him this question. Toy's R Us needs to start selling Heroscape again. Then I can buy some Valcarean Wasteland and some flagbarrers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion