Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 25th, 2018, 03:13 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
[ignore]

Huh? Wha...?

~Clueless Morgan

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 25th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
[ignore]
Ok, but I feel like I'm stuck in a loop here. How can I both read it and ignore it? I'm stuck. Useless for the rest of the day.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 28th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
[ignore]
Ok, but I feel like I'm stuck in a loop here. How can I both read it and ignore it? I'm stuck. Useless for the rest of the day.
I just ignore him all the time.

Spoiler Alert!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 4th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yay for questions!
So, from my understanding, a hero trying to pick up a symbol side up treasure glyph must completely stop its movement to pick up the glyph. Or in other words, even if it successfully picks up the glyph, it may no longer keep moving after picking up the glyph even if it has more movement . Is that correct?

Does that also apply to power side up treasure glyphs that have been dropped by another figure? I know the rules state a figure dropping a treasure glyph can continue its movement after dropping, but can a figure picking it up continue its movement as well?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 4th, 2018, 03:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Yay for questions!
So, from my understanding, a hero trying to pick up a symbol side up treasure glyph must completely stop its movement to pick up the glyph. Or in other words, even if it successfully picks up the glyph, it may no longer keep moving after picking up the glyph even if it has more movement . Is that correct?

Does that also apply to power side up treasure glyphs that have been dropped by another figure? I know the rules state a figure dropping a treasure glyph can continue its movement after dropping, but can a figure picking it up continue its movement as well?
1. Yep! When you go for that glyph you have to stay put.
2. Nope, even a revealed treasure glyph means you have to end your movement if you want to snatch it up.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 4th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Yay for questions!

1. Yep! When you go for that glyph you have to stay put.
2. Nope, even a revealed treasure glyph means you have to end your movement if you want to snatch it up.
Awesome! Thanks for that.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 4th, 2018, 04:17 PM

tbsjordan is surprisingly tart

Ok everyone I have a few more general questions:

1. When I figure standing on a permanent glyph is destroyed, the glyph stays in play?

2. Height advantage comes into play when figures are on the same level? And height advantage doesn't add anything to defense, only attack?

3. I'm a little confused on line of sight. So if Raelin has a figure in front of her and behind- her special only effects the figure she can see or both? And how does turning a figure work, does it cost a move or no? And can a figure attack someone behind it but in range?

4. Can special attacks be used as much as wanted if not stated otherwise on the card?

Thanks a ton
Old July 4th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

1. Glyph stays.
2. There is no height advantage in Heroscape as far as figure size/height.
3. Line of sight is 360 degrees for most all figures, with Q9 being a major exception. Look through the sight point regardless of facing.
4. A special attack can be used instead of a normal attack.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:24 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
1. Glyph stays.
2. There is no height advantage in Heroscape as far as figure size/height.
3. Line of sight is 360 degrees for most all figures, with Q9 being a major exception. Look through the sight point regardless of facing.
4. A special attack can be used instead of a normal attack.

In regards to #3. Some figures have parts of their own sculpt that block line of sight in certain directions. The wings of the dragons, Q9's shoulder armor, etc. It tends to be more of an issue for double-space figures because they can only flip end-for-end during the movement phase. Once they begin the attack phase they are stuck facing whichever direction they were positioned.

Most single-base figures have their sight-point at the top of the sculpt (the head), and, since the sight-point is only indicated on an outline of the figure, the figure can "see" out the back of the sculpt's head as effectively as the front. The easiest thing is to treat the top of the figure's head as the sight point and peer past that to try to see the target.

Some figures have alternate sight-points specified. Mimring, for instance, may use the tips of his horns to sight from (FAQ 13.4 pg.8 )

Also note that Raelin's Aura is 'Clear Sight' not 'Line of Sight'. She still looks from the same point on her head, but all she has to "see" is any part of the sculpt - she is not limited by seeing target-zone only. So if all she can see is the tip of an ally's sword, and that ally is close enough, he benefits from her Aura.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; July 4th, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsjordan View Post
2. Height advantage comes into play when figures are on the same level? And height advantage doesn't add anything to defense, only attack?

Height advantage adds both to attack and to defense. But height advantage is based on the height of the space each figure is standing on, not the height of the figures.

Extreme Height Advantage (two extra dice) does care about the height of one of the figures - the lower figure. Extreme Height Advantage is achieved if the height of the hex the higher figure is standing on is 10 or more levels above the top of the lower figure (hex-level plus height).

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; July 4th, 2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old July 4th, 2018, 09:24 PM

tbsjordan is surprisingly tart

Alright perfect, thank you both for the quick and detailed answers. Everything makes sense. Thanks!
Old July 4th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

A figure can attack an adjacent figure without line of sight. So Major Q9 can attack someone behind him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's