Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 19th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Maryland NHSD 2014 Post-Tourney Thread

The format was 440 points, Planet Wars. We had a great showing, with 25 people in attendance & others with us in spirit, from further away.

1. @Xanth 5-0 (Atlaga, Sentinels x3)
2. @Gurei-Ornery 4-1 (Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Hoplitrons x4, DW 7000)
3. Kyle 4-1 (Sacred Band x3, Kozuke, Parmenio, MDG)
4. @akden 4-1 (Grimnak, Tornak, Heavy Gruts x3)
5. @clancampbell 4-1 (Marro Drudge x6, Ne Gok Sa, Me Burq Sa)
6. KidScaper 3-2 (Siege, Warforged x4)
7. 10th Regiment of Death 3-2 (10th Reg. x4, MDG, Guilty, Isamu)
8. @CatScaper 3-2 (4th Mass. x4, Samuel Brown, Krav Maga Agents)
9. Stephen Universe 3-2 (Phantom Knights x2, Master of the Hunt, Tandros Kreel, Saguain Raider)
10. @Dad_Scaper 3-2 (Varkaanan Greyspears, Grimnak, Heavies x3)
11. Billaitch 3-2 (Varks: Quickblades, Swiftfangs, Darkclaws, Bahaduir)
12. @Tiepilot1138 3-2 (DW 8000, DW 9000, Deathreavers x1, Zettian Infantry)
13. @hivelord#4 2-2-1 (Zetacron, Omnicron Snipers x2, Major Q9)
14. @Johngee 2-3 (10th Reg. x4, MDG, Eldgrim, Isamu)
15. Ethan 2-3 (Fen Hydra, Master of the Hunt, Eltahale, Chainfighter)
16. @kldonnelly 2-3 (Anubian Wolves x2, Khosumet, Dumutef Guard x2, Krug)
17. @Taeblewalker 2-3 (Nicholas Eisenwein, Anubian Wolves x4)
18. Jim 2-3 (Tor Kul Na, Nagrubs x1, MBS, NGS, Marro Warriors)
19. Sean 2-3 (Nakita Agents, Izumi Samurai, Sgt. Drake, Airborne Elite)
20. @pieface! 2-3 (Su Bak Na, Venocs x1, Marro Warriors, Venocs x2, Nagrubs x1)
21. Tiberius Rex 1-3-1 (Othkurik, Phantom Knights x4)
22. Micah 1-4 (Aubriens x2, Arkmer, Acolarh, Theracus, Syvarris)
23. Connor 1-4 (Moltenclaw, Wyrmlings: Red x2, Blue x2, Black x2, White x2)
24. @Legos of Bleakewoode 2-3 (Gladiatrons x2, Blastatrons x2, Major J-15, Hoplitrons x1, Kira Jax)
25. Jackson 1-4 (Sgt. Drake, Tarn Vikings, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, Airborne Elite)

There it is!

Thanks again for coming, all. More commentary to follow. Congrats to Xanth for winning, and to everyone else too, for winning just by showing up.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 20th, 2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Stephen's name corrected. :)
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Maryland NHSD 2014 Post-Tourney Thread

It's Stephen Universe, mainly because in no way is he super.

Congrats @Xanth !
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Many thanks to @Dad_Scaper for hosting yet another excellent tournament. My son and I had a great time, and we were both pleased with our standings at the end. I actually played with my third choice army, as when I began unpacking my Phantom Knights and Fen Hydra on arrival, I realized I had never gotten around to filling in those last forty points, and my son had already commandeered my alternate army on the way to the tournament. I luckily had brought a third one in case someone showed up and wanted to play, so I ended up using it with pretty good results. It's always fun to play with lots of different people and to see new and familiar faces. Our only complaint is that we can't have these more often (ever thought about bimonthly tourneys? )

I had some good matchups and some very fun games. My only loss went to Xanth, who, with his never-missing Bolt of Witherwood, eliminated Grimnak on turn two, thusly preventing me from chomping on some sentinels. That game still came down to two heavy Gruts vs two Sentinels before my orcs finally succumbed. It was a great time. I may actually get around to writing a battle report one of these days.

I was pleased with the new venue, although we'd obviously be happy to play again at the Family Game Store, as well. And of course, it was fun to play games a bit afterwards, although one of these days we have to get Dead of Winter to the table. We're looking forward to another one...

Last edited by akden; October 19th, 2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Had to fix my articles. Grammar...
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, akden. We used to have bimonthly tournaments. We still might be able to support bimonthly tournaments, but that's too much for me. You can talk to @clancampbell , who used to run the others, or feel free to organize one yourself. I'd be glad to help; it's not hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
It's Stephen Universe, mainly because in no way is he super.
Well *I* think he's super, but I changed it. I was posting this after midnight, and couldn't remember it exactly even though I knew I wasn't quite right.

I was happy with the venue. It was a luxury having all the food options. It's also more convenient for me to have someone else handling the money, but it can create issues when there's a line at the register, as we saw. I also believe it is slightly more centrally located, by which I mean, it's a little further for our NoVA people, still close to our Annapolis people, and a little closer to Baltimore for the rest of us, coming from the north.

KidScaper bemoaned how early it closes, but 9:00 was fine with me. The relatively quiet open game time afterward was a sharp contrast with Family Game Store, with the advantage of it being quieter but the disadvantage that we are denied the opportunity to meet so many other gamers.

Reminder: A bye counts as a win. So everyone, even those who got a bye, had 5 games count. Also, we did have one tie. There's a first time for everything!

= =
Old October 19th, 2014, 09:10 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like a great time! Totally bummed that I couldn't make it. Congrats to Xanth! I remember my first tournament -- my only loss came from Xanth's Atlaga/Sentinals army. That blasted Bolt of Witherwood zapped my full health Q9 and my poor Stingers couldn't finish the battle without him. Does Xanth ever miss with the Bolt? Good job little buddy!

Last edited by OverEngineered; October 19th, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Speling
Old October 19th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Good question, @OverEngineered ! He tried it in all 5 rounds of yesterday's tournament. He missed it twice.

= =
Old October 19th, 2014, 10:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'd appreciate hearing some thoughts from anybody who played on Asphalt Cocktail, as this was the first physical tourney it was used in (and the first Classic 'Scape one too).
Old October 19th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

SF, I'm really sorry, but we had too many maps for the people and Asphalt Cocktail didn't get used. Next time, please remind me and I'll make sure.

= =
Old October 19th, 2014, 11:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
SF, I'm really sorry, but we had too many maps for the people and Asphalt Cocktail didn't get used. Next time, please remind me and I'll make sure.
No problem. The point is you had a tournament, and you got 25 to show! Maybe one of these days I'll make the trek...
Old October 19th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You're very kind. Hopefully I will get it on the tables next time. Please do remind me then.

= =
Old October 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Good question, @OverEngineered! He tried it in all 5 rounds of yesterday's tournament. He missed it twice.
It's my understanding that he only missed once with the bolt, out of 4 attempts. He never got to try it in round 5 as Atlaga was taken out very early.

As for my own d20 adventure, I did manage one mindshackle on poor Bill's wolves.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's really a shame the way competitive tournament Heroscape is dominated by the A+ figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events