Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 30th, 2023, 10:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yesterday Quacks of Quedlinburg, New York Zoo and 7 Wonders.

Old July 31st, 2023, 11:03 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Tried the new Star Wars Deckbuilding Game from Fantasy Flight. Very solid if you like deckbuilders!
Old August 6th, 2023, 06:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After 7 solitaires at all possible player counts, finally played my first game of my brand new The Last Kingdom as a 4 Player with live opponents. We had a great time! Its a medium complexity game that plays very fast, but has quite a bit to it. The very asymmetrical Leaders and Heroes make it a challenging environment, as do the cards and market options. Its definitely controlled Chaos, which nicely reflects both the history plus the book and TV series. This makes it a very succesful IP design. All our scores were very close!

Looking forward to another game, possibly next week.
Old August 11th, 2023, 09:52 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yesterday 7 Wonders Duel, Dungeon of Fortune, Space Base and Dungeon Scroll.

Old August 12th, 2023, 03:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Taeblewalker played Space Base by John D. Clair, designer of The Last Kingdom! What did you think of it?
Old August 12th, 2023, 07:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Valeria: Card Kingdoms

-insert signature here-
Old August 12th, 2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Taeblewalker played Space Base by John D. Clair, designer of The Last Kingdom! What did you think of it?
Not my favorite space game but it was fun. I loved it when the dice gods smiled on me and I got to use the number 8 to good effect.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; August 13th, 2023 at 04:51 AM.
Old August 12th, 2023, 11:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I got in another game of Scarface 1920 today, 3 players, went back to the official rules on refreshing the associate deck. It was a close one for all players. Tried out the Enforcers expansion for the first time. I was the only one who gained an Enforcer, I was happy with how it worked. I blame the Great Chicago Fire for preventing me from a win. It burned down everyone's control markers and it was right before I reorganized, so I had no where to sell.

Last edited by Yodaking; August 13th, 2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old August 13th, 2023, 01:50 PM

Our second game of The Last Kingdom was an exciting 3 Player, using different Leaders and Heroes from the first session last week. And although I figured to come in third, the final scoring showed that I had won! See my many posts about this new design on BGG.

This month we'll be playing three games of Heroscape instead of only one. All will feature playtests of some of our own new minis.
Old August 13th, 2023, 08:11 PM

Today: Thunderstone Quest, Thunder Road Vendetta, Welcome To the Moon, Marvel Remix and Dragonquest (which I won!).

Last edited by Taeblewalker; August 14th, 2023 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old August 14th, 2023, 12:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Valeria: Card Kingdoms
Love this one. I have the Darksworn co-op expansion that I haven't read the rules for. Should break that out soon to try it.

This weekend I got to play Death May Die and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective. Good stuff.
Old August 15th, 2023, 09:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've played a lot of games this year. I haven't kept track of them all, but here are some from the top of my head. I've played many more, but these are ones I can recall.

The Game
Pickomino (many times)
Skyjo (several times)
Cascadia
Cacao
Foundations of Rome
Dune Imperium
Las Vegas
Cards Against Humanity
7 Wonders Architects
Project L
It's a Wonderful World
Splendor (many times)
Azul (many times)
Coloretto (many times)
Century: Golem Edition (many times)
Kingdomino
The Crew
Suburbia
Flashpoint Fire Rescue (several times)
Uno (very many times)

Also played miniatures games:

Elder Scrolls Call to Arms (several times)
Fallout Wasteland Warfare (several times)
The Drowned Earth (a few times)
Batman:Gotham City Chronicles (hybrid miniatures and board game.)
Star Wars Legion

Also played some RPGs:

I ran campaign of the Fallout 2d20 RPG for my twin daughters this summer while they've been home from Purdue. Actually going to wrap it up tonight since they are going back to college on Friday. I was really surprised how much my daughters really got into this and how they played their characters based on their background and their specific faction/race. They loved the video game, so they really know how to get into the rpg.

I'm a player in a Call of Cthulu campaign. Played a one-shot a month ago. Then did a session zero a few weeks ago, where we created our characters for the upcoming campaign. Then last Wednesday we played our first session of the campaign which was awesome. We have great players, who really get into it and act it out. The campaign should go 6-8 sessions.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 15th, 2023 at 11:46 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games