Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 27th, 2019, 03:04 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
What a great idea. I see lot's of options to enlarge: obsidian guards, elementals, vipers, spiders... even omnicrons.

A growth glyph?
New Ticalla Trees
The leaves are scanned, while the trunk and base are from MementoMori on Thingiverse. (3D print on the left)

The only change I need to make before uploading the files is to thicken the trunk and make it taller (to match the original tree) and adjust the trunk tolerances so everything fits a little tighter.

Wow, this is awesome! I'm in a similar position as TREX, so this would be great to fix some trees I have.
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

New Ticalla Trees
I fixed the trunk.
3D models posted in the 3D Terrain .stl thread here

Old October 27th, 2019, 09:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Heck yeah.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:46 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

One note: The scanned leaves have some small defects (dimples). It doesn't make a big difference in the print, but if someone wants to clean them up...
Old October 29th, 2019, 07:15 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

That looks gorgeous!!! I wasn't able to find a proper way of modeling the leafs.
Old October 29th, 2019, 02:01 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Hi,
this is a bit off topic, but I've been wondering about making 3D models of other parts like game components or scenery.
About components, long time ago I tried making some dice for 3D printing, including the flagbearer ones, but I don't have them so, no idea about the dimensions. If someone has them, tell me and I'll fix my old models.
About the scenery, looks like no one has tried to replicate the fortress of the archkyrie, which would be a nice addition to print lots.
Also, I was wondering if it'd be possible to make some custom parametric scenery using some type of software like OpenSCAD so, it's possible to adjust many options for each model.
What do you think?

Just playing around...
Old October 29th, 2019, 03:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Oh, that is true, you're right. Looks like I'll have to learn Blender, haha.
Blender is good to know.

But for just screenshots I can write up a simple tutorial. There are just a few commands to get what you need.
Hey, I actually just downloaded Blender to make standees. Do you have a tutorial on hand?
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, that is true, you're right. Looks like I'll have to learn Blender, haha.
Blender is good to know.

But for just screenshots I can write up a simple tutorial. There are just a few commands to get what you need.
Hey, I actually just downloaded Blender to make standees. Do you have a tutorial on hand?
For learning Blender, I started with this shark tutorial

But for what you want to do, here are some steps:

1) Open Blender
2) Right-click on the cube and hit "X". When the menu comes up left-click on delete. (That gets rid of that default cube object)
3) In the upper menu bar at the bottom left, click "View" and then View Persp/Ortho (or just hit the number 5) (that toggles you to ortho view instead of perspective)
4) Import your object. At the top left, click File-->Import-->Wavefront (.obj)
5) Navigate to your folder and open your Hexscape model
6) At the bottom, hit View again and select Right.
7) Zoom in on the figure (scroll bar up/down to zoom, scroll bar pressed + mouse to rotate, scroll bar pressed + shift + mouse to move left/right)
8 ) Press N to bring up the properties menu.
9) Click on Shading-->Textured Solid

At this point, you should see the figure in color. If you don't, you probably don't have the .mtl and .jpg files associated with the .obj file in the same directory.

10) You can go to File-->User Preferences-->Themes and change the background colors to white so that you can get a clean screen capture
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo-Tell View Post
Hi,
this is a bit off topic, but I've been wondering about making 3D models of other parts like game components or scenery.
About components, long time ago I tried making some dice for 3D printing, including the flagbearer ones, but I don't have them so, no idea about the dimensions. If someone has them, tell me and I'll fix my old models.
About the scenery, looks like no one has tried to replicate the fortress of the archkyrie, which would be a nice addition to print lots.
Also, I was wondering if it'd be possible to make some custom parametric scenery using some type of software like OpenSCAD so, it's possible to adjust many options for each model.
What do you think?
I measured and wrote down the dimensions for the castle pieces. It's on my To-Do list.
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I combined the three tree top files in one file to be printed vertically having them lined up. I loaded up my green filament. I'll try to show pics of my Ticalla tree that was missing the top with its newly printed 3 layer top once its fixed. Afterwards if all is well, I'll have to print a few more for fun since I have the roll of Green on there. Thanks again @White Knight , I didn't ever think I was going to replace the missing top on my one ticalla tree must less be able to print a few more of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:36 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Thanks so much!!

As an update, my brother messaged me about a box for those minis some time ago - I don't know if he got them all together yet.
Old October 29th, 2019, 04:39 PM

Also, are the .obj files in the Hexscape download folder? Do they include any VC units?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing