Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 26th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

I was very lucky yesterday to get a chance to spend a couple of hours with @gurei ornery. He showed me Too Many Bones, which I *loved*. I would happily play again, and maybe I'll remember enough that it'll go faster.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 26th, 2019, 05:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I was very lucky yesterday to get a chance to spend a couple of hours with @gurei ornery. He showed me Too Many Bones, which I *loved*. I would happily play again, and maybe I'll remember enough that it'll go faster.
TMB looks super cool. I'm at the point where I have too many games (Especially heavier ones like TMB is), otherwise I'd seriously consider checking it out. Seen a few reviews that make it look really nice.
Old November 26th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's really unlike anything else I've played. It's basically a very crunchy, heavily tactical, coop skirmish game. The genre is one I'll call "whimsical fantasy," and you level and equip the heroes as the game progresses, building up their stats, abilities, and goodies by adding various dice to the pool you get to roll on your turn. G-O said that once you're over the learning curve hump, you should be playing games in 90 minutes or so. It plays up to 4, but my guess is that it shines at 2-3. Or definitely solo, if that's your thing.

It's something like Descent 2.0 meets the LotR LCG meets Quarriors. I know G-O has played the absolute heck out of it, in the few months he's had it. If this sounds interesting to you, I do recommend it. Solo players might especially enjoy it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 26th, 2019, 06:51 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've just backed The Great Wall (Awaken Realms). I love Chinese stuff! And here on its first day, it needed only 50K and is almost at a million dollars! Phew. I'd just played a pal's copy of Tainted Grail, and I like what this company can do. And its another game made in Poland, of all things.

Last edited by chas; December 6th, 2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old December 14th, 2019, 04:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just received: Nanty Narking, Star Wars Rebellion (plus Rise of the Empire expansion), and John Carter RPG by Modiphius, an unexpected Christmas present!

Coming soon says the shipping label: Mezo.
Old December 14th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interested to hear what the JC RPG I like.
Old December 14th, 2019, 09:51 AM

Since I rarely role play any more but am a John Carter fan, my friend got it for me to read. But since he bought tons of stuff--everything available except for the actual minis (I have lots of my own), and I do have pals who role play, I may actually go for it!
Old December 14th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Let me know how it goes.
Old December 18th, 2019, 06:00 AM

Mezo, a Kickstarter much delayed over the last year and a half, is now due here Dec. 23, the day before my birthday. What a nice holiday present!

I have now played Nanty Narking, and its lots of fun. You can find my Character Codex, identifying almost all of its Victorian characters, in that game's Files on BGG.
Old December 22nd, 2019, 02:04 PM

Mezo is finally here, and in a race with my house guest who is coming tomorrow for the holiday week, I pulled an All Nighter to unpack, inventory, and prep this large Kickstarter. And write up the experience for BGG!
Now it will be ready for people coming and going during Christmas week, playing it and other new designs.

Happy Holidays to all!
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

Hey! It's my first time posting in this part of the forums, great to meet y'all!

I'm an avid strategy board game enthusiast, and have a solid group of friends to play games such as Gloomhaven, Terraforming Mars, Power Grid, etc.

The game we've been raving about the past few months is Sidereal Confluence.
Link to Boardgamegeek: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...tiation-elysia

TLDR: It's an engine building game, but you don't have the parts you need to power your engine, and once you do have the parts, you don't make the parts you need. This means that players must trade with each other in the "trade phase". Coolest thing about this game? All promises are binding. You can trade someone resources now for a 3x Return on investment that they MUST deliver on if able, if they make that promise.

It's a heavy (read: 2 hour) game, but you won't regret buying it if you and your family/friends are fans of such things. Plays best with 5-7 and can play between 4-9.

~CT

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old January 17th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems kinda interesting and kinda like overly complex Cosmic Encounter.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games