Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: What really grinds my gears.

You just contradicted yourself. Hasbro already did Thanos, why waste your time creating another one?

And if you notice, each person does the most popular characters over and over because each one is different. 80 years of comic book issues cannot be represented in 1 Batman card. As for Iron Man, he makes different suits! Obviously one card will be different than the next.

If every card had the same art, same stats, and same powers, it would be pointless. But that's not how it works and it isn't pointless.

Are you angry that a certain character doesn't have a card? Make one yourself and quit insulting the community.

As for not having time, all of us have families and work/school too. All it takes is a pen and paper to write down an idea, or a computer with a word processor.
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!

yeah you right on Iron Man. Lots of different suits, but we don't need 20 Wolverine cards to tell us he has special metal claws, fast healing, and he can fly into a rage. Just saying there is only so much that can be done with 1 guy.

Oh and your Thanos commit. Hasbros Thanos is junk. It's a good ground baseline but doesn't really reflect Thanos and all his glory. I also have done my own cards as drafts. Look at my custom thread in my sig. 90% are ready to be made into official looking cards. So again people is still missing a point.
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
has been BANNED

I've been saving this just for this accession.

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! How clever! Let's ignore the fact that this person is dead wrong and laugh at their wit instead. I'm done here.
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
So again people is still missing a point.
What point are we missing?

Because what really grinds my gears is that you haven't completely stated yours.

So you are griping that there are dozens of versions of the same figure on this site? Guess what: each person that creates a custom thread on this site makes there own version of a well known figure. It's what happens when those well known figures are also well liked. How can you hold that against them?

As to your comments about Thanos: Hasbro Thanos is good. Not great, but good. Sure, it's your opinion that he may be junk, but I can say the exact same thing about your "official" figures. Let me ask: How much do you playtest your figures? I would daresay the answer is: 0. Does that make yours better or worse by any means? I wouldn't know. But I would say that I would have more faith in Hasbro's and C3G's figures because I know they were put through a rigorous playtesting. And the cards are actually formatted correctly. Yes, those custom figures out there are great to look at out there too, and some/several will be fun to play, don't get me wrong.

Now, I think the issue is that you want more people to look at your custom's thread, and you are irritated that hardly anyone cares to look at what you have. Just to let you know, this has always been a problem since the beginning of the Marvel Customs. When IamBatman started out on this site he had his own custom thread, and no one would look at his either. And guess what he did? He kept on posting this customs anyway, and simply enjoyed the fact that he could get them out there. Eventually, people DID start looking at his thread, since he was one of the few people to continue making them. Now he is one of the premier C3G Heroes. He worked hard and continued even when no one cared, and eventually they did care. You want the same treatment? Then make those obscure SuperHeroes and then people will pay attention, eventually. It will certainly take a while; yet you want them to pay attention to you NOW. What will happen is that you will push people away, which is already happening. Want to be heard now? Then quit the complaining and get your butt over to C3G and help out. You WILL be heard and eventually get your reputation back as the "Obscure One," due to your love of obscure characters.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Well, I'm not sure you've looked at much C3G, but we have 2 versions of Batman. 2. And we have nearly 400 completed cards.

And 6 heroes who have vastly different tastes. We've done, and are doing LOTS of obscure characters. Heck, watch the playtesting thread in the next two days, and you probably won't even believe we have a design for this character.

Seriously, just chill. If you want to play a figure, make a card! If you want someone else to, then just ask. I've worked on cards with people before when they've asked me, it's easy. And C3G lets any ally eventually make their own designs, so if you get involved over there, you can spearhead designs of your own choosing.

None of us are getting paid, so you can't expect anyone to be obligated to do anything.
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:23 AM
has been BANNED

No it not that anyone is paying attention to my custom thread but the fact I'm one of the few taking a stab at the obscure figures. That's my beef. I know someone is viewing my post. The number of views keep going up. Which I hope someone out there is enjoying my work.

I do play test btw but I like to hear from a third party before I say this is 99% done. You never get a 100%, Points is the big problem. Are they over powered or under powered. Stuff of that nature. I take time to post updates and what not. I tried working on a whiplash sometime ago. It was fun. I needed to make a custom figure and a draft card. I have just posted the 5th or 6th version. He is a bit trouble some, if you get my drift.

No I really don't look at C3G's listing much. I look at the currently dead A to Z list, then the forums, and then C3G list. I get also cards from hihihi, iambatman, greyowl, and badgermanic. They do some great work. Which I think everyone of them was C3G at one time or another.

I also like working with the C3G guy too. I'm trying to help with the helicarrier map and then I will move on too scenarios for that map. I can't wait for that part.
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm still a bit lost as to what your point is.

Do you have MSE? If not, it's a really easy card creation program. I recommend downloading it if you don't have it.

And, as others have said, if you want a certain custom made, then YOU should be the one to make it.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Start with a simple text file, since you don't have time. Although, you would have more time if you complained a little less on here and designed a little more.

I leave the card making to the experts and don't waste time with it unless (fingers crossed) one of my designs makes it to the hill. (singing to the School House Rock tune) "I'm just a card, just a..."
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

McKayla is not impressed.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Quote:

Old August 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Quote:

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion