Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Armadillo

The Book of Armadillo

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 35
INTO THE DARK

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America Marvel Heroclix set.
Its model number and name are #036 / Armadillo.

Character Bio - Not much is known about Antonio Rodriguez's life other than he had a criminal record and a wife. His wife was critically stricken with an undiagnosed disease. Rodriguez took her to every doctor who would see her, but none was able to help her.
In desperation, Rodriguez sought the criminal scientist Dr. Karlin Malus, an expert in the generation and bestowal of superhuman powers, whom he heard about while in prison.

Malus agreed to try to cure her in exchange for Rodriguez agreeing to become his test subject and employee for an indefinite period of time. Malus subjected Rodriguez to an experimental process that combined genetic material from an armadillo with the man's human genes. Dubbing Rodriguez The Armadillo, he assigned him to break into the Avenger's West Coast compound to steal the comatose body of the villian Goliath, a former subject of Malus who was being held there.

Armadillo has been trained as a professional wrestler and has numerous moves he utilizes including The "Roadkill Slammer", wherein he rolls himself into a ball with only his shell exposed and barrels down his opponents.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Armadillo is a single-spaced figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 7th, 2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 8th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Armadillo - Design Phase

NAME = ARMADILLO
SECRET IDENTITY = ANTONIO RODRIGUEZ

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 210

TUNNELING AMBUSH
Instead of moving Armadillo normally, you may choose a non-water space within 4 spaces of Armadillo and no higher than 1 level above his height or 3 levels below his base. If there is a figure on that space, you may move that figure 1 space, ignoring leaving engagement attacks. Place Armadillo on the chosen space and roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to Armadillo. Armadillo rolls 2 fewer attack dice on any turn that he chooses to use Tunneling Ambush.

ROADKILL SLAMMER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may move Armadillo up to 4 spaces in a straight line. While moving this way, Armadillo may move through all figures and does not take leaving engagement attacks. After moving, roll attack dice once for all figures Armadillo moved through. Figures without the Super Strength special power roll 1 fewer defense die when defending against this special attack.

IMPENETRABLE SKIN
When Armadillo defends against a normal or special attack, if at least one shield is rolled, the most wounds Armadillo can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Zakizzryn; June 23rd, 2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Name change from Rodriquez to Rodriguez
Old May 8th, 2022, 11:35 AM

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Miniature Photo
Photos acquired from the Mini Photo Depository
Submitted by Ronin
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Zakizzryn; May 9th, 2022 at 01:22 AM.
Old May 8th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. I think Relentless is the perfect personality for him.
Old May 8th, 2022, 12:39 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really excited for this one! I'll quote here real quick, since I think I was a lil late to the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Here's my Armadillo, if you're curious.

The main thing I would mention is his personality should be Repentant so he can join the Thunderbolts, as he has given up crime in the past and even been a part of Texas's Initiative hero team.

Also I don't think you need this line "When Armadillo starts his Underground movement, he will take any leaving engagement attacks."
One other thing is exoskeleton I think more refers to insects, might wanna retitle that one.
Old May 8th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don’t think Armadillo should be joining the thunderbolts. He’s never really been repentant and only works with heroes when forced.

I do think that line needs to be dropped from the movement power and Exoskeleton could be renamed to Thick Hide to be a bit more accurately named.
Old May 8th, 2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don’t think Armadillo should be joining the thunderbolts. He’s never really been repentant and only works with heroes when forced.

I do think that line needs to be dropped from the movement power and Exoskeleton could be renamed to Thick Hide to be a bit more accurately named.
Thick Hide I feel works, I dig it.
I believe it was an ability name I had for something else but scrapped it and just copy / pasted to this when I was writing it up haha.
Will make adjustment once waiting period for current process is finished as well as the removal of text if everyone is in agreement on it.
Old May 8th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakizzryn View Post
Will make adjustment once waiting period for current process is finished as well as the removal of text if everyone is in agreement on it.
There is not a waiting period anymore so you can make changes as you see fit.
Old May 8th, 2022, 03:11 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The callout to Telepaths is interesting, but doesn't make mechanically much sense as any other "Tough Guy" powers should probably have similar vulnerabilities.

If you're changing the name, what if you got clever and did something like this:

THICK SKINNED
When defending against an attack, if the attacking figure rolled 3 or fewer skulls, the most wounds Armadillo can receive from the attack is one.

It's kind of a clever play on words that could be used again on other figures who might not even have literal thick skin but are unbothered by minor attacks. Also helps with a "bully" type personality, he can shrug off a lot of smaller attacks but gets clobbered by heavy hitters.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 8th, 2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
The callout to Telepaths is interesting, but doesn't make mechanically much sense as any other "Tough Guy" powers should probably have similar vulnerabilities.
At the time, I believe my train of thought was that he was able to somewhat withstand some physical attacks where as a Telepath would do more damage assaulting his mind.

We could use a power that is already used. For example Ace of Spades has Durable Armor
"When Ace defends against an attack, if at least one blank is rolled, the most wounds Ace can take from that attack is one"
Old May 8th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

Durable Armor reuse makes sense.
Old May 8th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I was thinking Luke Cage’s Impenetrable Skin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library