Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Crypolith) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I am fine with Pillars of Har and the way it falls on the ears, but effectively naming them "Pillars of Height" feels a little too on-the-nose.
As opposed to Jotun translating to Giant? It feels a bit like traditional scape in that sense.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2019, 11:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Pumpkin_King
@All Your Pie

Any issues with going forward as Pillar of Hár for the name of these?

Also, any issue with 3 Life and 4 Defense?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 7th, 2019, 01:45 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Both of those details are fine with me. I could see a more skewed number working like 2 life 5 defense, as these look more like they would snap to a few strong hits rather than be whittled away by numerous weaker ones. But 3 is already fairly brittle.
Old November 7th, 2019, 02:53 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yep. Works for me. I get the feeling the main thing will be scenario design.
Old November 7th, 2019, 06:44 AM
I could go

Then I believe we are ready for editing. I’ll wait a few days for anyone else to chime in on the name and stats before calling the vote to move to editing.

Edit: OP updated. I left the Basic Side Defense as 4, but we may decide its not attackable anyway. The Basic game doesn’t matter.*

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; November 7th, 2019 at 06:52 AM. Reason: *Balance isnt a concern, and the Door didn’t have a basic side anyway
Old November 7th, 2019, 11:13 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pillar of Hár (Crypolith) - Design

I don't anticipate having a basic side for the card here. The Fortress Door card just had the HeroScape logo on the back like the Glyph cards, correct? I wouldn't mind matching that precedent.

The name and stats seem good to me. I'm a little less concerned about getting this unit out of the door right now because it largely depends on scenarios and how the other characters will play, but it doesn't hurt to move it forward if we're mostly settled at this point.
Old November 7th, 2019, 11:38 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I don't anticipate having a basic side for the card here. The Fortress Door card just had the HeroScape logo on the back like the Glyph cards, correct? I wouldn't mind matching that precedent.

The name and stats seem good to me. I'm a little less concerned about getting this unit out of the door right now because it largely depends on scenarios and how the other characters will play, but it doesn't hurt to move it forward if we're mostly settled at this point.
Well, we will need to do “some” testing for the Pillar for sure. By some I mean a bunch of RaeRae tests.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:48 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Small wording suggestion for clarity:

UNSTABLE
When this crypolith receives a wound or is destroyed, a figure on top of it must be placed by its controller on a space adjacent to the cryptolith or the space it the cryptolith previously occupied. Roll an attack die. On a skull, that figure receives a wound. If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:16 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I guess we do editing with this one same as figures, yeah?
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:26 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Well, we will need to do “some” testing for the Pillar for sure. By some I mean a bunch of RaeRae tests.
I suppose that we should throw in Protectors of Ullar as well. A ranged flying squad should be appreciative of these.

A big part of the "competitive" balance of this Destructible Object will come from mapmakers, though. I'm okay with these things being a bit of a silly fun kind of addition to the game, like the castles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Small wording suggestion for clarity:

UNSTABLE
When this Pillar of Hár receives a wound or is destroyed, a figure on top of it must be placed by its controller either on a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár or the space it the Pillar of Hár previously occupied. Roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, that figure receives a wound. If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed.
I made some minor updates, but it otherwise looks good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I guess we do editing with this one same as figures, yeah?
I see no reason why not.
Old November 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Looks good, Astro.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:45 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Does "If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed" cover if you have two pillars next to each other with a double space figure on both of them, and one pillar is destroyed? Also hypothetically you could mix with fortress set (or Marvel set or just tons of terrain) so that the top of the pillar is the same height as other terrain so a double-space figure can be 1/2 on the pillar and 1/2 on other terrain. We could make it in rules where they pillars could never be placed next to each other or other same height terrain, but I don't like that restriction, so we need a contingency for double-spaced figures 1/2 on a pillar that gets destroyed.

Also as UNSTABLE is worded figures with >=10 height will still need to roll from damage. I think (double-check me) the only figures with >=10 height are double-spaced. So only scenario is with explosion attack that destroys both pillars if a double-spaced figure falls he/she/it will still possibly take damage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs