Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Facebook Dungeons and Dragons Tiny Adventures

Anyone playing D&D Tiny Adventures on Facebook? It's a series of small adventures similar to the old text driven computer games of the 80's, six to eight encounters in length, and very simple, little or no fluff; but strangely addicting. The only downside is five to ten minute breaks between encounters for some reason I haven't figured out yet. Also, it seems to be just a big advertisement for WotC's Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition. But I can overlook that; it's not like you have to go to their website to play.

I couldn't get a link to cooperate so if you have a Facebook account, just search for d&d tiny adventures and it should pop up.

"Be of good courage..."
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Facebook Dungeons and Dragons Tiny Adventures

I used to play when it first started but got bored with it after a couple of weeks.
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It gets boring over time, I was addicted to it for a bit too.

The waits was what killed me, coupled with the extreme lack of involvement from my side.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM

ryantheappleguy Woo who?

ya its pretty boring. They could have done a much better job.
They should make one that you actually play DnD with people on FB.
Would be better than that Farm crap.

Old October 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

I like it...I'm "playing" it right now in fact.

I'm pretty sure they don't expect you to wait around and watch it all the time. I like to check it every few hours or once a day to start a new adventure, and read through the old one. Doesn't take much work, and it plays while you do other stuff (like work, school, etc.).

Also, one neat thing is that you unlock different stuff each time you retire a hero (level 11). So there's always a little something to keep you coming back.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

I read the FAQ and the reason for the waits between turns is to assure people don't play it constantly. It's meant to be a filler inbetween work, or school work, or anything else people might be doing. I have it "playing" just about everytime I'm on the computer now. I think the wait enhances the drama (for lack of a better word) of the game and what to expect from the outcome. And above all, it is free.

"Be of good courage..."
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I played for awhile, got kinda bored of it. It would be cool to see a heroscape game of some kind be developed for facebook. Heck maybe a pretty simplistic for of scape top down just hex spaces with numbers in them to represent height, make them different colors, have symbols for trees, and use hex shaped pieces (picture of the figure), could be kinda cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games