Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 15th, 2008, 05:06 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
Re: Sports: NFL

This might be my only post in this thread this year because the Lions are slowly eroding my enjoyment for the game of football.

Does anybody know of a way, a legal way, of getting rid of Matt Millen? This madness has got to stop. There is literally only one person in the state of Michigan that supports Millen and that is the freakin' owner of the Lions.

I can't wait for next week's embarrassment when Mike Martz gets his revenge on the Lions.

Old September 15th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post
This might be my only post in this thread this year because the Lions are slowly eroding my enjoyment for the game of football.

Does anybody know of a way, a legal way, of getting rid of Matt Millen? This madness has got to stop. There is literally only one person in the state of Michigan that supports Millen and that is the freakin' owner of the Lions.

I can't wait for next week's embarrassment when Mike Martz gets his revenge on the Lions.
I thought that the Lions were owned by GMC, Ford, or some other car company. Is that right? In that case, you should start a petition to that company stating that if they don't fire M.M. then you won't go to any of the games or buy any of their product.

He is lame as they come. Not sure how he's lasted so long.

</IMG>
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:12 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post

I thought that the Lions were owned by GMC, Ford, or some other car company. Is that right? In that case, you should start a petition to that company stating that if they don't fire M.M. then you won't go to any of the games or buy any of their product.

He is lame as they come. Not sure how he's lasted so long.

</IMG>
The Lions are owned by William Clay Ford, grandson of Henry Ford. Boycotting Ford cars is the last thing Michigan's economy needs. But we are just starting to see the end of sellout crowds at Ford Field. Maybe a nice string of non-sellouts will get the message across.

Way before my time, the Lions won three championships during the 1950s.
William Clay Ford bought the Lions in 1964. Since then the Lions have won one playoff game. One in 43 years!

Old September 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

2-0, and...

SUPERMAN RETURNS

Old September 20th, 2008, 12:39 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm always late on the draw with football news but when the heck are players going to learn not to say stupid things before playing the Pats, or any opponent for that matter?

Not trying to act all high and mighty, but really, do we learn nothing from the past?

Shut-up, be respectful, use all the cliches & canned answers and you stay away from 'bulletin board material.'

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:51 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

You do realize that if my Dolphins win you will not hear the end of it from me right?
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:56 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You do realize that if my Dolphins win you will not hear the end of it from me right?
Awe crap, didn't see that one coming. How is that you live in NY and are a Tiger fan and a Dolphin fan? How about hoop and hockey?

Was your Dad in the military and you spent your youth in a new city every couple years getting attached to these teams?

SQUISH THE FISH!

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:59 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hockey--Islanders

Hoops---Celtics (but I haven't cared about hoops in like 15 years)

Nope never lived anywhere but the Bronx growing up...I just liked who I liked...all this I live here so I have to root for the home team stuff is a bunch of bull****
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:08 AM

Same here with the hoops. Once the 90s hit, me and the NBS sort of parted ways.

Interesting. I usually find that there was some sort of influence that determines our favorite teams. Since we're barraged by all things 'home team' where we live geographically that's usually how we get sucked into it.

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:57 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Nope never lived anywhere but the Bronx growing up...I just liked who I liked...all this I live here so I have to root for the home team stuff is a bunch of bull****
For me, it's more about friendships than anything else. I grew up a Steelers fan, and I will always like the Steelers. But I've lived in North Carolina most of my life. When the Panthers came about, I gave them a shot, and they had a great second season and were never TOO bad after that, except the 1-15 season in 2001. I started meeting more and more people that were Panthers fans, and cheering for the Panthers together gave us so many thrills over the years, particularly 2003 on our Super Bowl run (the last time we went 2-0).

Having friends to watch the games with and cheer with really made it special... and really really special when we went to the Super Bowl.

I also believe that going to games can make you a fan. Feeling that electricity, especially at a playoff game, can really hype you up for a team and make you have pride in that team. This is sort of how I became a Carolina Hurricanes fan - going to games with my Dad.

Did I mention the Panthers Super Bowl run in 2003?

(nyys... don't... just don't. )
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Did I mention the Panthers Super Bowl run in 2003?

(nyys... don't... just don't. )
Been on both sides of the coin, so I know what you mean. Besides after last season how can I possibly?

-insert signature here-
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Dolphins - win ?????

Is this supposed to be an oxymoron? J/K

It's going to take time for ole' Bill to get that organization on track.

Here's to hoping my COLTS have a big day against their evil division rival the jags.
</IMG>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV