Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM

Agatagary is surprisingly tart
Agatagary's Customs

I just started making custom units. Mine all use sculpts from Heroscape, so trying them out should be easy. I am not very skilled with the editor yet; the hitzones are the same as those that those sculpts actually have.

This was my entry for the unofficial "not an exclusive" unit contest:

Here is a remake of the Shades of Bleakewoode, Harry Potter style:

Note that Fear Drain affects your own units as well.

This is a squad of immortals. I am planning on using this ability more on future "immortal" units.

Lt. Drexler has a new type of bonding...

Here's Dreamwalker. I am not really sure right now if he is balanced, but I have the concept worked out.

Note: If using him permanently, if possible, the weapons ought to be removed, as they clash with him conceptually. For proxying, however, they make no difference.

Here is the Ferali!

The marro on his back really should be removed, but for the purposes of proxying, just make its hit zone gray.

Here is Cosgrach, a variation on Alastair MacDirk. Similar power, but with a different mechanism.

Here is Deathwalker 10000. He definitely needs feedback.

Here is Retribution.

And here is Gilviir

Here is Grhaahm, heavily altered (sorry for the poor picture quality):

My attempt at a dwarf hero:

Please test out my units.
I am extremely grateful for any feedback you can provide.

There are no "bad" units in Heroscape-only misused ones.

Please read The Heroscape Chronicles

Try out my custom figures! All use existing Heroscape sculpts

Last edited by Agatagary; July 18th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Agatagary's Customs

I really like Lt. Drexler alot. I'll leave the advice to others who are more experienced

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:10 PM

Thanks.

Update: I just added Dreamwalker.

Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Cool cards. The one I wonder about is the Immortals. Maybe they would be better as a unique squad? If I understand them right if all 4 order markers are placed on them then they are almost pointless to attack except for on Turn 3, meaning your opponent could only attack you 1 turn per round. I guess you could keep sending them back to their start zone but then you won't have accomplished anything. How would you defeat someone who used 5 squads of them
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Cool cards. The one I wonder about is the Immortals. Maybe they would be better as a unique squad? If I understand them right if all 4 order markers are placed on them then they are almost pointless to attack except for on Turn 3, meaning your opponent could only attack you 1 turn per round. I guess you could keep sending them back to their start zone but then you won't have accomplished anything. How would you defeat someone who used 5 squads of them
Good point. I think I will make them unique. Thank you for your suggestion.

Edit: I just added the Ferali. He is rather tricky to price, and I am not sure whether he is balanced (though from my point of view, he is). Does anybody have any opinions on whether his price and/or stats should be changed?

Last edited by Agatagary; July 2nd, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Ferali seems balanced, but some serious playtesting is called for to make sure about the points. I like the Assimilate power.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Assimilate is kind of messy. There are some non-huge figures with amazing powers to steal. Raelin, Taelord and Sonlen to name a few. And Raelin is a very common figure. Maybe a D20 roll to steal the powers?

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Assimilate is kind of messy. There are some non-huge figures with amazing powers to steal. Raelin, Taelord and Sonlen to name a few. And Raelin is a very common figure. Maybe a D20 roll to steal the powers?
I agree, and I would love to make it a D20 power, but unfortunately I have run out of room on the card.

The way that I have found to balance Assimilate is with Hunger. It is highly unlikely that Ferali will be able to devour a unit every turn, so before long he will need to start using his assimilated heroes as life. If you want to defeat him, the best way is probably to run away and let him starve to death.

Of course, there are various strategies to try to get around hunger. The main one that I can think of is to draft food for him (cheap squads and heroes). I think that the most dangerous units for him to steal from are actually Isamu and Guilty McCreech- you can purchase them for your own army at low cost, have him devour them quickly (since they do not survive long), and then benefit from their abilities. McCreech's Double Attack allows you to reliably satisfy Ferali's hunger, while Isamu's vanish makes him nearly invincible. Yet still, I feel that Hunger balances whatever other powers he might acquire.

Edit: Just added Cosgrach MacDirk and Deathwalker 10000

Last edited by Agatagary; July 3rd, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:55 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

One thing about Cosgrach Macdirk is that in the endgame he would be amazing. If you win initiative you are looking at four attacks of five-six. Sure, they retaliate with three turns but are they even alive. You should limit it to one marker per turn and give him an extra life. Then he would be balanced for his cost IMO.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:22 AM

I understand what you are saying about the endgame, although I would still prefer that he be given more than 1 use of his power per round...

What if I specify that the X marker cannot be used for this power? That way, he can use up to 3 turns in a single activation, rather than 4 (still powerful, but he makes himself more vulnerable by doing so, since he loses a turn every time without exception). If I leave the life the way it is, how is he for balance then?

Edit: Added pic of new Cosgrach MacDirk, changed Deathwalker 10000's Apocalypse to balance it a little better, and added Retribution and Gilviir.

Last edited by Agatagary; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I LOVE Deathwalker 10000! I think I have to print that bad boy out and give him a whirl!

Maybe you could combine the first and last sentences of his special to say something like "All figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Deathwalker 10000 are targeted by Apocalypse Special Attack, including Deathwalker 10000"

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I LOVE Deathwalker 10000! I think I have to print that bad boy out and give him a whirl!

Maybe you could combine the first and last sentences of his special to say something like "All figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Deathwalker 10000 are targeted by Apocalypse Special Attack, including Deathwalker 10000"
Thank you! Be sure to tell me how it goes.

Regarding the wording, I could do it like that, but I was taking my cue from the wording of Deathwalker 9000's Special Attack, which puts that clause at the end.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards