Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 12th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Garada's Customs - 05/11/16 - TMNT Leonardo & Donatello

Yeah, over-extend on Raph is one of the best mechanics I have seen so far for him.
That is a home-run IMO.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; May 13th, 2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old May 12th, 2016, 06:44 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys! I really appreciate it.

I just edited my post on the last page with more details on my thoughts for Leo's attack [see HERE]

But I also kinda like BIV's idea about boosting Leo's Attack to 5 and sticking with Double Attack. That would break the boys down as follows:

Leo - 2x Attack w/ 5 dice each

Don - possible 6x Attack w/ 3 dice each [assuming he's surrounded, which probably won't happen too often]

Raph - 2x Attack w/ 4 dice each IF he uses Overextend [which he can realistically only do a couple of times per game before dying], plus the ability to Counter Strike. So most of the time it's only 1x Attack w/ 4 dice. Seems a little underpowered for Raph.

Mikey - 3x Attack w/ 3 dice each [currently with blanks as shields, but BIV is probably correct that this is overpowered].

So with that in mind, I feel like Leo is by far the toughest, rolling 10 dice each activation. Mikey would be rolling 9, Don could roll anywhere from 3 to 18 [!] and Raph is only rolling 4 unless he Overextends. Raph might need more 'oomph' to make that overextend worthwhile, so perhaps HE gets 5 Attack, Leo stays at 4 [and maybe gets something different than Double Attack] and the others are good to go?

Of course, Cowabunga! is giving each of them [besides Mikey] an extra Attack die. Argh!

Going to have to think about this a bit.

In the meantime, I'll put all 4 Turtles together in the next post...

Last edited by Garada; May 12th, 2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old May 12th, 2016, 07:01 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Garada's Customs - 05/12/16 - ALL 4 TMNT!

Mini Art:

Comic Art:

The re-based HeroClix miniatures:

Last edited by Garada; May 12th, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 12th, 2016, 07:05 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir_and_kermit View Post
I think that sounds cool, but you've got to do what's right for your vision. I'm updating my TMNT cards after picking up a bunch of figures, so that's where my vision will go. These should be your vision. So only take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
They look fantastic though Garada!
Thanks BnK - I'm looking forward to seeing your updated cards, they were very inspirational when I started my own attempt.

Ideally, I'll have my cards, your cards AND the C3G cards to choose from when playing TMNT Heroscape. Can't ask for much better than that!
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:
I think that sounds cool, but you've got to do what's right for your vision. I'm updating my TMNT cards after picking up a bunch of figures, so that's where my vision will go. These should be your vision. So only take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
Thanks BnK - I'm looking forward to seeing your updated cards, they were very inspirational when I started my own attempt.

Ideally, I'll have my cards, your cards AND the C3G cards to choose from when playing TMNT Heroscape. Can't ask for much better than that!
and possibly these cards...
Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:51 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:

and possibly these cards...
Heroes of Ninja Turtle 'Scape
Yes, these are great! You really can't have enough Turtle Power. I'm looking forward to seeing full cards for all of them in the near future. Four different flavors of TMNT is even better.

I hadn't really looked too closely at these versions before, but there are some really cool ideas there - I dig Sewer Stealth. Wrath of Raph is also very neat. It's funny how similar some of them are to what I came up with - Leo and Don have the exact same personalities that I used, and I ALMOST went with Wild for Mikey before settling on Tricky. Some of the stats are also pretty similar, but I suppose that's hard to avoid - there's only so many ways to design a ninja character in this price range.

Anyhow, it's an exciting time for TMNT in Heroscape. Going to have to work up a Splinter and some Foot Soldiers. I'll eventually make a Shredder, but not until I score a mini for him. I have a soft spot for The Fugitoid, and it'd be nice to have a TMNT ally that can benefit from Don's Mechanical Engineer skill, so I'll probably end up making him as well.
Old May 13th, 2016, 06:27 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

These are shaping up really nicely Garada.

Thanks also for the kind words. Going back over my old work this afternoon (home sick) was really fun actually. I've done a redesign of Leonardo so far (on my thread), but look forward to getting stuck into the rest and testing them out.

Looking forward to having heaps to choose from when it comes to TMNT in the near future. One idea I had for Fugitoid was to actually make him an objective glyph. In the comics, battle wise he isn't that useful, but when it comes to importance in the overall scheme of things, he is vital.

The other idea is to make him a rather cheap character, but he actually grants the opponent a 'reinforcement roll' each round (for a squad that has the 'x' order marker assigned to them.) This would represent the lengths that others would go to (General Blank, Utroms and the Triceratons mainly) to get their hands on him.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:53 AM
C3G Hero

Yeah, ol' Prof Honeycutt isn't the most combat-savvy guy out there, but considering how much I like the character and the fact that there's a really cool (and affordable) mini available, I kinda have to make a card for him eventually.

I agree that he'd need to be cheap - maybe even a 10 pointer - but it'd still be fun to have him in the game. Maybe a swingy d20 power or something entertaining. He's actually quite strong thanks to his Robot body.

Last edited by Garada; May 13th, 2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old June 17th, 2016, 09:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I would probably swap Leo's double attack with Don's whirlwind strike. We see in the mirage comics Leonardo taking on a tonne of foot by himself before being thrown the the window at Christmas. Don was never big at combat output. That would place Leo at a slightly higher point cost than Don.
An ability where Mile could attack at any point during his move would be cool as he is quite agile in the comics.
But these are yours Garada, therefore you have to do what you are comfortable with.
I think their simplicity is excellent. Awesome work.
I plan to keep the 'Whirlwind Strike' on Don because I like that it thematically represents him spinning his Bo Staff to hit everyone around him [which is basically the intent with Raelin's version too - she has that giant staff].

That said, I agree that Leo's Double Attack is a bit boring, and maybe underpowered considering how tough he is in the comics. I guess how 'badass' he seems will depend on how tough I make the eventual Foot Clan ninja squad though!

Perhaps a Special Attack with a bit more 'oomph' [similar to Moriko's Saber Storm S.A.]? Something like C3G's Black Canary and her Fists of Fury, or an ability similar to... um, can't remember who it is at the moment, but basically if they inflict a wound or destroy a figure they can keep attacking until they fail to inflict a wound / destroy a figure. That would be a great way to tear up hordes of weaker enemies like Foot Clan without making him TOO ridiculously powerful.

Something like:

KATANA STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1, 2 or 3
Leonardo starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice. Leonardo may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Leonardo may target the same or different figures with each attack.

or...

KATANA ONSLAUGHT
If Leonardo rolls at least 3 skulls while attacking, he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he rolls fewer than 3 skulls. Leonardo cannot attack more than x times in a single turn.

or...

KATANA MASTER
When Leonardo attacks, if he destroys a figure he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he does not destroy a figure.
[alternately: When Leonardo attacks, if he inflicts a wound he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he does not inflict a wound.]
Not sure if you've decided and moved on but after re reading through this I realized I don't think I ever commented on this...but perhaps this could be of inspiration...

SWORDPLAY
If Swordsman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

EDIT: I'm going to need a logo/icon for you that fits my rectangle card template. I'm sure you have other cards I'm going to enjoy adding to the binder.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; June 17th, 2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:45 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I would probably swap Leo's double attack with Don's whirlwind strike. We see in the mirage comics Leonardo taking on a tonne of foot by himself before being thrown the the window at Christmas. Don was never big at combat output. That would place Leo at a slightly higher point cost than Don.
An ability where Mile could attack at any point during his move would be cool as he is quite agile in the comics.
But these are yours Garada, therefore you have to do what you are comfortable with.
I think their simplicity is excellent. Awesome work.
I plan to keep the 'Whirlwind Strike' on Don because I like that it thematically represents him spinning his Bo Staff to hit everyone around him [which is basically the intent with Raelin's version too - she has that giant staff].

That said, I agree that Leo's Double Attack is a bit boring, and maybe underpowered considering how tough he is in the comics. I guess how 'badass' he seems will depend on how tough I make the eventual Foot Clan ninja squad though!

Perhaps a Special Attack with a bit more 'oomph' [similar to Moriko's Saber Storm S.A.]? Something like C3G's Black Canary and her Fists of Fury, or an ability similar to... um, can't remember who it is at the moment, but basically if they inflict a wound or destroy a figure they can keep attacking until they fail to inflict a wound / destroy a figure. That would be a great way to tear up hordes of weaker enemies like Foot Clan without making him TOO ridiculously powerful.

Something like:

KATANA STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1, 2 or 3
Leonardo starts each turn with 9 attack dice. Choose any adjacent figure and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice. Leonardo may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice until he has rolled all 9 attack dice. Leonardo may target the same or different figures with each attack.

or...

KATANA ONSLAUGHT
If Leonardo rolls at least 3 skulls while attacking, he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he rolls fewer than 3 skulls. Leonardo cannot attack more than x times in a single turn.

or...

KATANA MASTER
When Leonardo attacks, if he destroys a figure he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he does not destroy a figure.
[alternately: When Leonardo attacks, if he inflicts a wound he may attack again. Leonardo may continue attacking until he does not inflict a wound.]
Not sure if you've decided and moved on but after re reading through this I realized I don't think I ever commented on this...but perhaps this could be of inspiration...

SWORDPLAY
If Swordsman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

EDIT: I'm going to need a logo/icon for you that fits my rectangle card template. I'm sure you have other cards I'm going to enjoy adding to the binder.
Thanks for the thoughtful comments, japes! Sorry for the delay in reply, I just got home from a 3-week vacation to France and England.

I dig your Swordplay ability, that may be just what the doctor ordered.
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is a C3G power for full transparency.
Feel free to tweak it or use it, just throw some credit C3G's way if you do.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:26 PM

Mr. White is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Great work!

However, I don't get Michelangelo's power at all. He can move and attack 3 times with all blanks counting as skulls? This seems really powerful and there doesn't seem to be a downside. Raphael can make one extra attack, but he takes a wound marker.

What am I missing here?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations