Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 2-22

Hey all, another update.

Nothing to complex, just a filler hero for the Dwarves.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; March 7th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Marro Remainder
Love the figure, really love it. It would be potentially useful filler in a Divider army, though much less likely to show up if that army contains Su-Bak-Na. Really neat idea.

Marro Mutation
Again, really neat, but in a sense very different from the Marro Remainder. With Dividers, if the divide fails the Divider would be destroyed by the attack anyway, so the Remainder is a bonus figure. With the Mutation it wipes out an otherwise lively Marro Warrior. Still, probably worth having as filler for the added attacking power. Good stuff.

Herdis Fireblood
The first thing I would do is attack her with one of my own Axegrinders to get the Fervor Aura bonus because it's so good. You may want to consider dropping her life or, more interesting, make it so that it takes two wounds to get the power working. It weakens the rather strong power and adds more tension.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Marro Remainder
Love the figure, really love it. It would be potentially useful filler in a Divider army, though much less likely to show up if that army contains Su-Bak-Na. Really neat idea.

Marro Mutation
Again, really neat, but in a sense very different from the Marro Remainder. With Dividers, if the divide fails the Divider would be destroyed by the attack anyway, so the Remainder is a bonus figure. With the Mutation it wipes out an otherwise lively Marro Warrior. Still, probably worth having as filler for the added attacking power. Good stuff.

Herdis Fireblood
The first thing I would do is attack her with one of my own Axegrinders to get the Fervor Aura bonus because it's so good. You may want to consider dropping her life or, more interesting, make it so that it takes two wounds to get the power working. It weakens the rather strong power and adds more tension.
Thanks for the comments

I've decided to limit Herdis' power by making it only work if an opponent’s figure does the wounding. Makes it more of a gamble. Wording is a little clunky, but not too bad I think

Also new card:

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 3-05

Hey all new card:

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 3-19

Hey all two new cards Today: My take on the Dreadguls, plus their ruthless war leader Ulrick!

My Etsy Store
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 4-14

Ulrick is really neat. I think he'd be really strong combined with Snipers and Taelord, but that is a LOT of points, so maybe not. Pitiless Advance will be great for slow squads; Ulrick can destroy a rat each round so your squads move faster!

Masako is a fun way to boost the Samurai slightly too, I like it.

It's hard for me to look at the cards, my eyes are too drawn to the minis ...
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Sweet take on the Dreadguls and I absolutely love Ulrick!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:36 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

I like Pitiless Assault, that's a pretty neat ability.
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:12 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Omnicron Spotter
There is a problem here unique to Uncommon Heroes. Sniper Spotting is a unique power on every Omnicron Spotter card you have, and thus every instance of the power is triggered every time a Sniper attacks a figure within 8 clear sight spaces of any Omnicron Spotter you control. That is, when the Sniper attacks, Sniper Spotting on Omnicron Spotter A is triggered, and Sniper Spotting on Omnicron Spotter B, and C, etc. The limitation to once per turn does not matter either, as "this power" only refers to each individual instance of the power. The end result is that you get a number of rerolls for each Sniper turn equal to the number of Omnicron Spotters you have in play, as long as at least one of them is within 8 clear sight spaces of the target.

Masako Nakano
If Masako inflicts 4 wounds on a squad figure, do you get to move 4 Samurai figures? The name "Masako" is almost certainly the character's given name ("first name") -- the -ko ending gives that away. Heroscape uses traditional Japanese name order (surname first) for Japanese units: Hatamoto Taro instead of Taro Hatamoto. Thus this unit should thus be Nakano Masako. I'm not really sure when I would use her in battle. With relatively low stats she doesn't provide much for an order marker (a single attack of 3). The movement boost could be handy, but it requires using Nakano early in a match instead of cleanup, when I would rather be positioning my other Samurai. In theory Inspiring Strike will allow me to do both, but in practice 3/3 isn't going to trigger it often or enough.

Dreadguls
Dang those figures look fantastic. Really good design too. All three powers work together in interesting ways, giving them a fair number of tactical decisions and good reason to bring Valguard with them.

Ulrick
I love that Pitless Advance works with friendly units. Pretty awesome to whack a teammate. However, the power gives all-too good of a reason to purchase some dirt-cheap squaddies like Deathreavers and surround Ulrick in the starting zone as movement boosters. 40pts of rats gives you 4 rounds of +1 movement -- very worthwhile in team games. Pitless Assault is sheer brutality. The negative is bad enough you may need to up the boost to 2 dice or an auto-skull. Overall though, really cool concept, not something seen in the game.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Thanks all

Anyway, new card. Nothing to special just a ten point filler ninja-

Also the Omincron Spotter and Masako have been updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Omnicron Spotter
There is a problem here unique to Uncommon Heroes. Sniper Spotting is a unique power on every Omnicron Spotter card you have, and thus every instance of the power is triggered every time a Sniper attacks a figure within 8 clear sight spaces of any Omnicron Spotter you control. That is, when the Sniper attacks, Sniper Spotting on Omnicron Spotter A is triggered, and Sniper Spotting on Omnicron Spotter B, and C, etc. The limitation to once per turn does not matter either, as "this power" only refers to each individual instance of the power. The end result is that you get a number of rerolls for each Sniper turn equal to the number of Omnicron Spotters you have in play, as long as at least one of them is within 8 clear sight spaces of the target.
Yeah, I accidentlly left in part of an earlier version of the power there. I've updated it so that each Spotter needs clear sight of his own to use the power. It still lets more than one use it per turn, but that was intetnal. The 'this power may only be used once per turn" is to prevent one spotter from spotting for a whole squad of Omnicron Snipers at once.

Quote:
Masako Nakano
If Masako inflicts 4 wounds on a squad figure, do you get to move 4 Samurai figures?
That's the intent, does that cause some kind of problem?

Quote:
The name "Masako" is almost certainly the character's given name ("first name") -- the -ko ending gives that away. Heroscape uses traditional Japanese name order (surname first) for Japanese units: Hatamoto Taro instead of Taro Hatamoto. Thus this unit should thus be Nakano Masako. I'm not really sure when I would use her in battle. With relatively low stats she doesn't provide much for an order marker (a single attack of 3). The movement boost could be handy, but it requires using Nakano early in a match instead of cleanup, when I would rather be positioning my other Samurai. In theory Inspiring Strike will allow me to do both, but in practice 3/3 isn't going to trigger it often or enough.
Didn't realize that's how the names work, thanks!

The general idea with her was to help get some use out of the unique Samurai squads after they've taken causlties, but in practice she hasn't done much so far. I've bumped her up to 4 attack and defense with a bump up to 80 points as well, we'll see if she is more usefull.

Quote:
Dreadguls
Dang those figures look fantastic. Really good design too. All three powers work together in interesting ways, giving them a fair number of tactical decisions and good reason to bring Valguard with them.
Thanks I'm glad you like them, I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

Quote:
Ulrick
I love that Pitless Advance works with friendly units. Pretty awesome to whack a teammate. However, the power gives all-too good of a reason to purchase some dirt-cheap squaddies like Deathreavers and surround Ulrick in the starting zone as movement boosters. 40pts of rats gives you 4 rounds of +1 movement -- very worthwhile in team games. Pitless Assault is sheer brutality. The negative is bad enough you may need to up the boost to 2 dice or an auto-skull. Overall though, really cool concept, not something seen in the game.
I'm going to do some testing with Ulrick and see if Pitiless Advance is too crazy in a team game. I might change Pitiless Assault to granting an auto skull, I'll see how he does in playtesting.

My Etsy Store
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM

Sumiko

Always a fan of filler heroes. This one packs a whole lotta punch against some figures, but then I suppose so does Isamu. Hidden could be changed to say that she has no visible hit zones when engaged. She doesn't have Isamu's survivability, but in a good way. Useful and not worth more than 10pts.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 4-23

Thanks Scytale

Anyway, bigish update Today: 4 Nagrub common heroes and a squad!

I haven't had a chance to test them yet, so the costs are sort of placeholders. I'm going to do some testing with the heroes and see which ones are more usefull and need a point boost.

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; December 10th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards