Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old January 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Pyre's Battle Stories ~~ Ch. 1: Swamp Denizens

C3G Battle Story: Collision
Prologue
Ch. 1 Swamp Denizens

Seeing Davidlhsl's Battle Stories, I decided to steal--ahem--BORROW his idea. All credit goes to him and his awesome thread!
I'm doing some battles, and building a story around it. Or vice versa, depending on if I think it needs a story or just a battle!

My first story, Collision, is underway, and the Prologue is just that, a prologue. It's not meant to be a main part of it, just setting up the story real quick!

Also, a personal custom that I use in some SuperScape battles are my Elite Enforcers. Stats are as follows:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 23rd, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old January 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Pyre's Battle Stories ~~Prologue

“It’s glorious!,” Count Vertigo exclaimed, as the trio grew closer to the fortress.
“It’s ours,” Lex Luthor says menacingly. He turns around, and watches as members of his personal army stumble through the portal. He wanted to think that the three of them could do it alone, but he had to be realistic.
Lex turns to his men and addresses them. “Beyond that wall are hordes of artifacts and treasures that are enchanted with powerful magic. They say that this castle is guarded by mystics, which is why I brought you along. We’ll gather the treasures, which you deal with the mystics. Hopefully this will go quickly, and we’ll be gone soon afterward.”
As they assemble, Lex turns to the third member of their trio. “Slade, I can trust you to find the one artifact that we need?”
Deathstroke glares menacingly at Lex, clearly not liking the latter man. “I’ll find it. Just remember that I get paid.” Lex chuckles, and turns again towards the fortress. Two people guard the outer door, with 3 more on the inside. Vertigo whispers to Deathstroke and Lex, to not allow the other soldiers to raise questions, “There are 4 guards, and then the most powerful of them all. If he is killed, this castle, and potentially this realm, will collapse. We need to gather everything before confronting him.”
“Slade, do you understand?” Lex inquires.
“Do you take me for an idiot? I’ll get the job done.” Deathstroke takes his place in front of the soldiers, and prepares.
“The treasures all have magical traps, which will harm you if you are not careful to touch them. The mystics’ purpose is to guard these treasures, but they may use their own treasure against us, even though these are one of a kind, if they’re desperate. Grab as many as you can, and we’ll get out of here quickly.” Vertigo finishes, and smiles to Lex. “Our plan will go well, won’t it? The magic in the one treasure we need is immensely powerful… It’s perfect…”
Deathstroke glares at the two of them, and then returns his gaze to the fortress.

“So then, are we ready?” Vertigo asks, as he prepares to fly over the walls. Deathstroke pushes in front of him without a word, and charges forward, narrowly missing the mystic known as Evar’s head.
“So rude…” Vertigo exclaims as he flies forward, blasting another mystic, Erevan, causing him to stumble back. Erevan retaliates, conjuring up two fireballs and hurling them at the Count. He tries to deflect them with his cape, but screams and he is still burned. Lex’s Enforcers march forward, pouring bullets into Erevan. His body stumbles backward, and then disappears in a puff of smoke.
“Curious…” Vertigo says, “Are they not even real?”
“Shut up and watch out!” Deathstroke exclaims, as Evar slices Vertigo in the back with his ice blades, while he is distracted.
Evar turns to Deathstroke after his outburst, and stabs at him. Oddly enough, these mystics aren’t as skilled as Deathstroke would have though, as he easily deflects the blow, and almost knocks Evar out with an upward strike on Evar’s chin with his staff, on the same swipe. The enforcers, taking their chance, turn Evar into a puff of smoke.
“Cleaning up after us, eh?” Vertigo laughs to Lex, as Deathstroke already is through the door looking for a next target.
Inside, the Mystic Lord is surrounded by the last two guards. One of them, Arkmer, seeing the others slaughtered, looks to the Lord. The Lord nods, allowing Arkmer to pick up one artifact on the ground, the Ring of Protection. Arkmer starts down the walkway, Deathstroke in his sights.
As Deathstroke moves through the front door, Vertigo flies over the wall. “Damn,” he exclaims, grimacing in pain as his electronic implants frazzle, remnants of the fireball attacks. He spots a treasure on the ground, and snatches it as soon as he can, a large grin spreading across his face.

“Sir, Vertigo has found an artifact. It looks like a ring.” One enforcer speaks to Lex through their earpieces.
“Good, I want to have my scientists analyze those rings, perhaps I can duplicate them…”
“Sir! The orange mystic just noticed his there and is firing some sort of bolts at him! Vertigo just used the ring!”
“Dammit! We’re supposed to collect the artifacts, not use them up already! Tell him to get out!”
“Oh, god, I think he’s dead! A bolt hit him in the chest, and he’s not getting up! Should we check on him?”
Lex sighs. The greedy oaf got himself in a heap of trouble, didn’t he? It’s a good thing the real mastermind behind the plan is safe outside the warzone. “…Leave him. If we have time, check on him after we’re finished.”
“Yes, sir”

Deathstroke sneered. The idiot Vertigo had no idea what a battle was like. He just wanted to find his treasures, not keeping track of his surroundings, and look where it got him. No matter, the job will still be finished.
Another mystic starts down the path, a female, this time. Deathstroke doesn’t discriminate, however, and shoots Sharwin in the leg.
Arkmer, seeing his companion wounded, fires a magic bolt at Deathstroke, but Deathstroke dodges easily and shoots the mystic in the hand. He clutches what’s left of his hand, as the enforcers start through the door to finish off the wounded, as per Deathstroke’s orders. Sharwin, seeing this, fires a bolt of electricity into the midst of them, killing one Enforcer. The other Enforcer’s armor dissipates the electricity, and the Enforcers finish her off before they can cause more damage.
Arkmer, enraged and in tears, hobbles towards the ladder on the castle wall firing another bolt, with the other hand, at Deathstroke. The mercenary smiles, and shoots out the mystic’s kneecap, causing him to fall to the ground, screaming in pain. The Mystic Lord, hearing the scream, finally makes his first move. He calmly walks forward, scooping up magical runes that enhance his attacks and defensive magic. Arkmer tries to climb the ladder with only one arm and leg, and also firing down at Deathstroke. One bolt hits, and Deathstroke is momentarily stunned.

“Sir, we have this in the bag. There are only two of them left, and Deathstroke has crippled one.

Ah, Deathstroke’s hit! …But he seems okay.”
“Don’t worry about Slade, just get in there and kill the Mystic Lord. And do NOT underestimate him!” Lex smiles, not worried a bit.
“Don’t worry, sir, I think we’ll be able to handle—Oh, god! AHH!”
“Captain?! What’s happening?”

Deathstroke watches as the Lord’s pet dragon tears at Lex’s captain’s face. Maybe this Lord could be a threat after all. Deathstroke fires his gun once more, and Arkmer’s body crumples to the ground, fallen off the ladder, before turning to smoke. Leaving Lex’s Enforcers to the Lord for a moment, Deathstroke loots more artifacts, finding a health potion and an old book…

“Lex, I found a potion that you’d be interested in.”
“Ah, great, Slade! I want to replicate that, it could make us invincible!”
“That’s not all, I found an old book. It looks like it could be the Revenant’s Tome, that Vertigo told us about before we came.”
“…It’s been here, has it? Well, that is a welcome surprise! Don’t lose it, it holds incredible power! But our main objective is still the Chest of Lost Dimensions. Find it!”
“…Pay me…”

Looking up from the book, Deathstroke sees the Enforcers being slaughtered. The Lord’s dragon is not only clawing at the faces of the soldiers, it also seems to be healing the mystic of the few wounds that are getting through his enhanced magical shield.
Damn it all, Deathstroke thinks to himself, leaving them yet again to loot the final artifact. Zapping him with excruciating pain, Deathstroke fails to get through this one’s magic barrier, and also alerts the Lord, who fires a bolt of magic, knocking him away from the artifact. The remaining enforcers spray a volley of bullets at the Lord, only a few making it through. Deathstroke, taking advantage of the Lord’s distraction, finally grabs the Chest. The entire castle shudders, as it starts to tear apart, the magic of the Chest no longer keeping this realm together.

“Alright, we’ve got it. I’m coming towards you.”
“Great, I’ll open our portal. Have the enforcers cover you.”
“They’ve got the mystic busy. Looks like there are only three left alive, though. We might be able to all make it.”
“Don’t worry about them, just you get over here!”
“…Luthor… You’re a horrible person.”

The remaining enforcers are fighting valiantly, but one by one they fall. As Deathstroke makes it back to Lex, only one Enforcer remains. He looks towards Lex and Deathstroke. Lex is making his way towards the portal, but Deathstroke just stares at the last enforcer. The enforcer thinks he actually notices a look of sadness on Deathstroke’s face. But that’s impossible, it being covered by that mask… Is it?
He fires one last shot, and hits the Mystic Lord between the eyes.

A shockwave goes off, knocking the enforcer on his back, and crumbling the castle. As even the ground starts to tear apart, he takes one look back towards the portal, and sees Lex already gone, with Deathstroke about to leave. That dirty liar Lex… He was going to wipe his criminal record clean, allowing him to go back home to his family. He had a life that was ruined by a single mistake. Apparently even a criminal can’t trust a criminal. Curse you, Lex…
Looking at Deathstroke, the mercenary gives one slow nod towards the final enforcer. Maybe someone does care…

The castle crumbled, and as Deathstroke gave a final nod to the brave soldier, everything tore apart, into an invisible black hole. He watched the Enforcer fly into the nothingness, and even caught a glimpse of green, as Vertigo’s limp body swirled around the wreckage.
Deathstroke stepped through the portal, leaving the chaos behind.

“...are unstoppable!” Lex was telling Deathstroke, apparently unaware that Deathstroke didn’t follow him immediately. The portal closed permanently behind Deathstroke, and he pushed past Lex.
“Shut up, Luthor. You’re going to pay me, and once this is all over, I never want to talk to you again.”
“Oh, come on, Slade. Are you caught up with my Enforcers? I didn’t want them to live, they knew too much. And Vertigo was just an idiot. Us two together will be invincible, why let that go?”
“I said I’d help you through the plan, but once it’s over, I get what I want, and you’ll leave me alone.”
“Have it your way. But you can at least enjoy what’s coming, can’t you?”
Lex smiles and looks out the window, into the icy arctic. Superman’s Fortress of Solitude was well hidden, but it couldn’t stop Lex from eventually finding it. And with the Man of Steel disappearing in a freak accident, leaving the Justice League without a leader, not only is Lex totally hidden here, but there’s no one that can stand in his way.

Lex opens the chest.
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I love that castle, and I enjoyed the prologue immensely. I am getting the nagging sense that the Lex Luthor dude is up to no good!

Old January 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great work, Pyre. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
...has moist legs

(Sorry, no pictures. I left my camera on overnight. Again. )

“Err…” Captain America groaned as he picked himself out of the green muck around him. He stood up straight, with a bit of effort, while clutching his head. He briefly scans his surroundings, his eyes widening in shock. There’s nothing but swamp as far as the eye can see. How the heck did he get here?!
“…Captain America?”
He turns his head to see a stark contrast to the green swamp. He nods to the other man. “Daredevil. Do you have any idea what happened, here?”
“Got me. Last thing I was doing was… Heck, I don’t even know what was going on before I got here. All I know is that I’m in my costume, and it stinks here.”
“Well, if us two are here, maybe there are others. We should…”
“On it, Cap. I’m pretty sure there are three others in our vicinity. I can hear something, at least…”
Captain America sloshes through the swamp, looking for other people buried in the muck. His foot strikes something hard and instantly goes numb. Not really numb, but just… cold.
“Ow.” Iceman climbs out of the swamp, wincing and shaking his head.
“Iceman, are you alright?”
“I was better before you kicked me in the head, Cap.” Iceman looks around, his eyes going wide. “Where the heck are we?”
“We haven’t figured that out yet,” Captain America replies. “We’re looking for others that may have also ended up here.”
“Cap! It’s Echo!” Daredevil calls, walking towards them with the woman having her arm around his shoulders.
“Ah, Echo. I remember her. Anyone else around, Daredevil?”
“One more, I think. Check over there,” He gestures over towards a stump half sticking out of the dirty water.
Captain America walks over, and sees a familiar costume moving behind the stump.
“Spiderman! Are you alright?”
“Hey… Who you callin’ a man, blue boy?” Spidergirl hops on the stump, to the surprise of the rest of the group.
“Spider… Girl?” Captain America asks. “I had no idea there was a female Spiderman.”
“No love for your friendly neighborhood Spidergirl? I’m saddened. I’m disappointed. I’m crushed!” She gasps, putting her hand to her forehead in an overdramatic act. “Well, speaking of not knowing people, I have no idea who the lady there is,” she says, pointing to Echo, “and I assume you’re a Daredevil admirer? My old man was friends with the old Daredevil, but he’s been retired for a long time.”
Daredevil looks at her in confusion, letting go of Echo, who has mostly recovered.
“…I’m the only Daredevil. But you… What’s your name?”
Spidergirl puts her hands on her hips. “Seriously? I ain’t telling you my name. Do you think I’m stupid? You probably drugged me, bringing me to the least romantic spot you could imagine, with a group of your buddies for reasons I don’t want to think about. But hey, if you guys really want to dress up in those antique costumes, fine. I’ll bet you all live in your mother’s basement!” She laughs, throwing her head back. Her laugh suddenly quiets, and she gives Iceman a quizzical look. “Well, except for him. He’s got a pretty cool costume.”
A few blank stares later, Daredevil speaks again.
“No, listen, we’re the real deal. You’re the one who’s out of place.”
Me out of place?” She backflips back onto the stump, putting her hands on her hips. “I’ve got skills, dude.”
Daredevil looks down and shakes his head. “…Tell me, is your name Parker?”
Spidergirl is silent for a moment. “…Alright, what’s up? I’m May Parker. You’d better talk quick, since I’m not exactly comfortable giving that up.”
“Maybe… You’re some alternate dimension version of Peter? Dr. Doom could have—“
“Peter? Peter’s my old man! He’s where I got my powers from! What dimension are you from?!”
Daredevil looks at her in shock. “Peter doesn’t have any kids… And if he did, they wouldn’t be as old as you…”
“Whatever brought us here must have opened some sort of time portal at the same time. We’re all from the same time period, but May here is from the future.” Captain America puts some pieces together, trying to figure out what all happened.
“But regardless of where, or when we came from, I think we’re all on the same side.” Captain America extends his hand in a friendly handshake. Spidergirl looks at his raised hand for a moment, then lifts her mask, spits on her hand, and shakes Captain America’s hand, as he looks down at their hands, a very slight look of disgust on his face.
“Woohoo! I’m part of the club? Is there a secret handshake? Or did I just invent it?”
Captain America sighs, but smiles soon after. “I think you’ve inherited more than just your father’s powers.”
Spidergirl looks at him. “…EWW! I don’t want to KNOW what kind of gross things I’d inherit from him. He was a dirty nerd half the time, I don’t—“
“Shh!” Daredevil cuts her off with a wave of his hand. “We’re not alone!”

Behind them, many tentacles climb over themselves incredibly rapidly, loosely taking the shape of a humanoid. The creature growls.
“What’s the matter, boys and girls? You all look a little… Green.” A feminine, menacing laugh echoes throughout the swamp.
Captain America reacts quickly, slicing the creature in half with his shield. The vines fall to the ground.
“That wasn’t very nice, mister.” Another voice, more masculine, appears from higher above. A red and yellow man leaps from the tree, landing perfectly, but with a splash.
“Ya’ll are trespassing in our swamp here,” He says.
“I’m sorry, we don’t know how we got here—“ Captain America starts.
“I don’t give a darn how you got here. This is our home. You see, the cities haven’t been exactly warm to us with…” He circles his ear with a finger “mental deficiencies. Well, Grundy and Swamp Thing are just beasts who like muck. The mistress and I are a bit on the nutty side. And I’m warning you, we can get violent.”
“I understand, just tell us how to get to the city.” Captain America says calmly.
Spidergirl comments quietly, looking at the rundown ruins of what looked like had been some sort of old bunker, mostly covered by the swamp. “Home? This is just a fossil…”
“I have good hearing, little lady,” the man said, “And I don’t like you insulting our home. Ever since Superman has been gone, things have been crazy, meaning this is the only home we have left. So show some respect!!”
Spidergirl smirks at the man. “What a creep.”
The man laughs madly, “I’m the Creeper, it’s who I am!”
He leaps back up to the tree branch, laughing. The previous feminine laugh starts again, as well.
“Prepare yourselves, I don’t think we’re getting out of here without a fight,” Captain America readies his shield as he speaks.

“Iceman, show me how far you can use your ice powers,” Echo says.
“You mean the range of my freezing? Sure…” He holds his hand out, freezing a tree solid a respectable distance away.
“Thank you,” Echo says quietly, as she draws her gun and fires directly at the same tree, hitting it dead on.
“While you two are goofing off, I’m going to see what’s all out there,” Spidergirl says, as she swings onto the old bunker road.
“Goofing off? I have better accuracy if I see someone else shoot first,” Echo explains as she follows Spidergirl closely.
“Woah, wait a minute,” Iceman holds his hand up as he hears an odd sound, “What is that?”
“…On a Monday… Solomon Grundy…. Born on a Monday…” A humongous corpse-like man appears from behind some trees.
“Holy….” Iceman curses as he sends ice shards into the creatures arm, causing it to snarl.
“Oh, don’t hurt poor Solomon… He’s nice a charming soul,” the alluring female voice speaks again, as a voluptuous woman walks through the trees. “Just don’t make him mad.” She smiles, as Grundy suddenly charges forward, tearing a tree stump out of the ground, and hitting Iceman across the swamp.
Captain America throws his shield at the monster, but Grundy swats it away. Spidergirl and Echo take aim at Grundy, but are interrupted as the trees themselves block their shots.
“Uh-uh,” Poison Ivy says, wagging a finger at them. “No hurting my poor Solomon.”
“Keep talking, freak,” Echo says, dodging the branches and taking aim at Grundy, “I can’t hear you anyway.”
She pulls the trigger, and Grundy’s head snaps back as the bullet hits its mark.
“Such bad manners. Fortunately Grundy likes to come back from the dead, so watch your backs, hehe!” Poison Ivy giggles as she turns to Iceman, who has recovered from Grundy’s blow and is watching the water where the beast’s body fell. “You know, some plants can easily survive through the winter,” she says, tracing a finger around his chest towards his back, then putting her lips to his ear and whispering “And some plants actually thrive after the cold.” Iceman’s eyes go wide as the pheromones permeate his brain, but soon after they gloss over as he stares at Ivy.
Echo realizes that something isn’t right, and tries to intervene, but the pheromones in the air confuse her for a moment.
“Naughty, naughty…” Ivy says, as she slashes across Echo’s face with her razor sharp fingernails. “Your chilly friend is enthralled…” She knees Echo in the stomach. “…Why take away his happiness?” She smiles and laughs insanely as she slaps the bent over Echo in the face with the back of her hand, knocking her over.
“You witch!” Spidergirl cries, jumping nimbly over to Ivy before punching her in the face.
“Tastes like… nectar…” Ivy says, smiling, as a trickle of blood flows from her mouth.
“Stubborn, are ya? A punch like that normally knocks out a normal person, you really are a freak!” Spidergirl punches again, and Ivy puts her hand up to block, but Spidergirl’s strength is too much for her, and Ivy’s hand ends up hitting herself in the face. She falls backwards, and Spidergirl shoots webs at her, holding her down.
“Where are the other two? Keep an eye out!” Daredevil shouts as he runs down the road.
“There, look out!” Captain America shouts as Swamp Things reappears close to Spidergirl, and Creeper jumps through the trees again.
“I got ‘im, don’t worry!” Spidergirl calls as Creeper jumps down with a flying kick towards her. Spidergirl holds out her hands, and Creeper loses his balance, falling to the ground.
Ivy’s plants grow thorns, which tear at the webbing, but Captain America throws his shield, knocking into Ivy, then bouncing off and hitting Creeper, who was also trying to get up.
“…No… Do…Don’t hurt her!” Iceman, looking totally disoriented turns to attack Captain America, but is thrown to the ground with Spidergirl’s bio-magnetic field. “Stay put, Frosty!”
“Solomon, my dear, it’s time to help, again,” Ivy says as her plants tear at the webs one more time. “Solomon? Where are you?”
“Hey, didn’t I tell you to stop talking?” Spidergirl asks, “I didn’t? Well, stop!” She webs Ivy’s mouth, muffling her cries, but as an angry look crosses her face, more vines appear behind Spidergirl.
“Woah, there!” Spidergirl cries, as she dodges the vine. “You are annoying!” She spins around, catching Ivy on the side of the head with the back of her heel. She slumps to the ground. Spidergirl then looks to Iceman, who is clutching his head once more.
“Heh, Frosty, looks like your girlfriend is out cold. Cold. Get it?”
“…Yeah, yeah, give me a moment, that was weird…”
“Well, women are trouble, aren’t they? Haha—OOF!” Spidergirl’s laugh is cut off as she stumbles from a punch from Swamp Thing, who rematerialized once again.
“How rude!” Spidergirl swings away, blasting webs ineffectively at the creature.
“I got your back, don’t worry.” Iceman calls as he cuts Swamp Thing off from Spidergirl.
“Frosty, watch out! You’re still not feeling so great!” Spidergirl calls too late, as Swamp Thing hits the mutant hard. He falls backwards into the swamp.
“Be careful! Daredevil, you and Echo try to take out the monster, Spidergirl and I will help Iceman,” Captain America gives the order.
“Got it, Cap,” Daredevil replies, as he and Echo jump to a high ground, Daredevil hitting the monster hard with his baton. Swamp Thing stumbles oddly, and then falls into the ground.
“Did we…?” Echo starts.
“No, it’s still somewhere out there. Keep an eye out.” Daredevil searches around, his heightened senses helping to locate Swamp Thing.
“There, he’s trying to reform himself!” Daredevil points across the bunker.
“I got him,” Echo points her gun carefully, and pulls the trigger. An inhuman scream permeates the air, and Swamp Thing falls to the ground in a clump on tentacles.

“You know, you guys are terrible. I’ve got some pretty psycho friends who would just love to cut your faces apart! Especially rude lil’ Spider-Wench over there. She’s just a—“
“Shut up,” Captain America says before punching the psychopath in the face, knocking him out.
He stands of straight, looking at his companions. Spidergirl is wrapping Iceman’s body in webs, and trying to mount him on her back. Daredevil is helping Echo walk, who is still a bit dazed and bleeding from Ivy’s attack.
“Got him okay?” Captain America asks Spidergirl.
“Hey, I’m probably stronger than you; don’t get all manly-man on me!”
“You look hurt, I’m just trying to help.”
Spidergirl winces as she hoists Iceman onto her back. “You know, that does sting quite a bit…”
“Let me take him.” Captain America reaches out. Spidergirl hands the mutant to him, and then rubs her back where she got hit.
“Well,” Captain America starts as he puts on the backpack carrying Iceman. “I think we should look for some civilization. I have no idea where we are, I’ve never seen any of those superhumans before. One of them mentioned a ‘Superman,’ which I assume is another superhuman. They spoke of him like he’s well known, but if none of us know him, then we must be someplace much different than New York.”
The others nod in agreement.
“Well, Spidergirl, you can swing up high to see if you can spot anything, and we can rely on Daredevil’s senses to be our compass. It’s worth a shot anyway. Let’s go."

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 23rd, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Pyre's Battle Stories ~~ Ch. 1: Swamp Denizens

Good stuff man.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Good stuff man.
You couldn't have read that in 2 minutes.

Hehe!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I didn't read that whole thing yet but I read the other ones and I felt bad that I hadn't said anything yet.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I didn't read that whole thing yet but I read the other ones and I felt bad that I hadn't said anything yet.
Just kidding with ya!
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great work, Pyre.

I have to know, though. Did you actually play out this battle and then just add your own descriptive flavor?
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Great work, Pyre.

I have to know, though. Did you actually play out this battle and then just add your own descriptive flavor?
Yup, yup! I ain't no writer, so I have to have something to start out with!

I'll admit that in the prologue I fudged a roll or two to make the story come out better, but I figured "hey, it's just the prologue, so who cares?"

And Daredevil and Cap would have definitely had a bigger role had I made it totally up. Spidergirl did most of the work in the battle, so she has a bigger part in the story!
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I love that castle
I recognize it from the official site. Aargylnn, I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion