Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 17th, 2022, 07:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Civil war units for Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna View Post
Cool, now I just need some Germans! I love historical units.
The closest I can remember offhand for WW2 Germans card (This is @NecroBlade 's design)

I know its not exactly what you were looking for, but if you can find minis for it, this could be a decent base. (Squad of 4 btw)

Having not read the rest of this thread, there's also some Confederate units floating around here on 'scapers, but I don't remember any details about them or where they may be flaoting.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 5th, 2022, 02:00 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I've been interested in an American Civil War Master set (not simply an expansion or two) on the lines of the Marvel Master set (but better <grin), which would have two big heroes (Lee and Grant, obviously) and couple of lesser heroes each (Sherman and McClellan; Jackson and Stuart, possibly), then a mix of infantry, cavalry, and, perhaps, artillery units. Sharpshooters would work, of course. Something mixed up like that, all in one big box.

(And I know that Little Mac never served and never would have served under Grant.)
Necro, but I really miss the Rev...

I think this would have been an awesome master set...two squads and three heroes for each side. Perhaps a cannon unit (or cannon vs Gatling gun) for each side as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
We already have the Harquebus (Or however you spell it), the 4th Mass, and the upcoming Red Coats.

IMO, we don't need anymore "Stand in a long line 5 feet from each other and blast each other apart with musket" units.
I understand this but that just makes it a challenge for the designers (and it's also neat to see the timeline that this was discussed in)...perhaps a skill similar to a combination of the Roman Archers and Roman Shield Wall would work out. Squad members side by side can add dice to each other (up to a maximum) and have one shot of a large number of dice vs individual shots.

As someone who knows very little about the american civil war and has no dog in the race (I'm not an american), but I'd love to see a master set based on this.

And then add C3V's 20th Maine and 53rd Sharpshooters...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 5th, 2022 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Maybe try a shot at customs on this myself...adding to the Green Mountain Men
Old November 5th, 2022, 09:01 PM

Vecna is surprisingly tart

Thanks, that is neat.
Old November 6th, 2022, 09:46 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please make sure that you check out C3V's 20th Maine and 53rd Carolina Sharpshooters.

I intend to come up with 6 customs for this. An infantry, artillery and unique hero for both sides. I'll probably focus on one of the border states (most likely Kentucky) to educate myself before presenting any of the customs here - will actually be in the customs thread not in this official units thread. I may not be able to come up with figures for them without the help of the community but if you see anything out of line, let me know.

Some simple rules for myself will be to not use Generals for heroes since they most likely lead from the rear (again I don't know a significant amount about the US civil war so if I'm wrong, correct me) but will probably use captain's or majors.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 16th, 2022 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Not had to research much for heroscape before so I'm looking forward to this.
Old November 19th, 2022, 11:02 PM

I've added the Union cards to my customs thread.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=50770

Last edited by AMIS; November 23rd, 2022 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Feel free to comment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units