Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Death Knights:Death Itself

500 pt
Death Knights x3
Taelord
Sir Hawthorn
Dumutef Gaurd x2

I like it and might try to play it sometime

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:48 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Nilfy View Post
For some reason I don't see these guys as being all that good. For 180 points you get 6 squad figures who can bond with a relentless person. Maybe

Krug 120
3x Death Knights 180
KMA 100
Iron Gollum 100
Nilfy
No, Krug bonding.

Krug: "Why can't I bond with the DK's?"
DK's: "We find your size disturbing."
Krug: *KRUG SMASH!!!*

Anyway...how about:

Army 1

Taelord 180
AE x4 300
DK x5 600

Army 2

DK's x3 180
Deathreavers x1 220
Iron Golem 320
Taelord 500
KMA 600

Army 3

DK's x4 240
Deathreavers x2 320
Iron Golem 420
Taelord 600

Last edited by Sheep; February 26th, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:06 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Why is Taelord so good? I could be missing something blatantly obvious, but I really think he's overpowered.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Why is Taelord so good? I could be missing something blatantly obvious, but I really think he's overpowered.
Funny, the general consensus on the sit is that he's entirely overpriced, and underpowered.
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Funny, the general consensus on the site is that he's entirely overpriced, and underpowered.
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

Which is why we give him Deadly Strike like truth talked about in this thread
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
Well that card was made in 2006, 5 years before the Death Knights were released. As a result, that version of Taelord would have to be redesigned, as the official unit library has expanded.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Is this just used theoretically, or is Truth's version of this card widely acceptedin things such as tourney play?

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Is this just used theoretically, or is Truth's version of this card widely acceptedin things such as tourney play?
It is not accepted for most typical tournament play. It's just a custom.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

If you haven't used the Death Knights with the Air Elementals, you're missing out on one of the toughest melee screens around. If you have to have Taelord in your army, then you're going to have to get some cheap range, but you're in luck because Taelord actually makes the Marro Warriors as dangerous as the 4th Mass.

Taelord 180
3xDeath Knights 180
3xAir Elementals 90
Marro Warriors 50
Total = 500

You're missing a special attack, but the Air Elementals actually mitigate the dominance of Deathreavers and Goblin Cutters somewhat. I guess you need to watch out for your Nakitas, though...

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
If you haven't used the Death Knights with the Air Elementals, you're missing out on one of the toughest melee screens around. If you have to have Taelord in your army, then you're going to have to get some cheap range, but you're in luck because Taelord actually makes the Marro Warriors as dangerous as the 4th Mass.

Taelord 180
3xDeath Knights 180
3xAir Elementals 90
Marro Warriors 50
Total = 500

You're missing a special attack, but the Air Elementals actually mitigate the dominance of Deathreavers and Goblin Cutters somewhat. I guess you need to watch out for your Nakitas, though...
You only have to watch for the Nakitas to a degree. Taelord can fight too, and he won't get killed by a little kick. Plus, such a move has the chance to move his aura where you want it to go, not where your opponent wants it to go. Just food for thought.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:58 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post

Taelord 180
3xDeath Knights 180
3xAir Elementals 90
Marro Warriors 50
Total = 500

You only have to watch for the Nakitas to a degree. Taelord can fight too, and he won't get killed by a little kick. Plus, such a move has the chance to move his aura where you want it to go, not where your opponent wants it to go. Just food for thought.
Excellent strategery, sir! I'm with you...

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion