Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 20th, 2010, 02:21 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

One question: How does Counterstrike factor into this?

For example;
Abomination attacks Captain America. Abomination has seven wounds at the moment. They roll;

CA:

A:

So Cap should get five knockback points, but due to Counterstrike, Abomination is now down. Is Counterstrike nullified, or is Knockback?

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
One question: How does Counterstrike factor into this?

For example;
Abomination attacks Captain America. Abomination has seven wounds at the moment. They roll;

CA:

A:

So Cap should get five knockback points, but due to Counterstrike, Abomination is now down. Is Counterstrike nullified, or is Knockback?
Knockback rules state that Knockback occurs after damage is dealt, and that includes Counterstrike.
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, so Abomination dies before Knockback would occur, thus Knockback does not occur.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

• Q- If any figure with Deadly Shot/Strike and SuperStrength roll 2 attack dice and roll two skulls for an adjacent attack, how many Knockback points do they receive, 2 or 4?
    A - 2. Knockback points are determined by each skull rolled, not each skull counted.
Added to the FAQ.
Old July 26th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  • Q- If any figure with Deadly Shot/Strike and SuperStrength roll 2 attack dice and roll two skulls for an adjacent attack, how many Knockback points do they receive, 2 or 4?
    A - 2. Knockback points are determined by each skull rolled, not each skull counted.
Added to the FAQ.
I think this question's answer should read "For each skull rolled, not each hit counted."
The Deadly Shot power reads "When attacking with (whoever), any skull rolled counts as one additional hit." Just trying to make it sound as official as possible.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
Quote:
Added to the FAQ.
I think this question's answer should read "For each skull rolled, not each hit counted."
The Deadly Shot power reads "When attacking with (whoever), any skull rolled counts as one additional hit." Just trying to make it sound as official as possible.
FAQs don't need to sound official, they just are. But I can change it for you. Though I don't think it is necessary to do so, I also don't think it is necessary not to do so.
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Added to the FAQ.
FAQs don't need to sound official, they just are. But I can change it for you. Though I don't think it is necessary to do so, I also don't think it is necessary not to do so.
Just admit you were wrong Griff
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Added to the FAQ.
Just admit you were wrong Griff
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for making the change Griff. I need to make a picture that says "RIGHHHT".

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:20 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just played my first game with Knockback on AliasQTip's Geothermal map and had probably the single most awesome (mature I know) Heroscape moment ever.

I was playing against my little sister, who absolutely will not play classic, but can't get enough of Marvel/C3G. Blob and Hulk were engaged and had been fighting for awhile, Blob in line with the lava. Blob has 5 wounds, Hulk has four. Hulk attacks and rolls 3 skulls. Blob rolls 2 shields and 1 skull. Blob's shields double so he blocks the attack, but there's still two knockback points. At this point I have a decision to make. I can hold my ground and let Blob take the damage, or I can let him fall back into the lava. Against common sense and math I let him fall into the lava. Both of us are holding our breath as the D20 tumbles around the table. Eventually it stops, and we can barely look at it... A 6. Blob is dead.

Now I know that I should have taken the 50% chance and stood there, but to be honest the visual was just too good to pass up. Not to mention my sister was absolutely beside herself with excitement, so I might have lost Blob, but I earned a new gamer. Also I did end up winning the game, but it was still an incredible thing to see.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:43 AM

Great story Chardar. Glad you had some real family fun too, those are my favorite testimonies.
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:46 PM

Peabody is surprisingly tart

I love the knockback rules, they make for a fun and interesting addition to the game.

My understanding is that KB is only applied to melee engagements (provided the attacking character has superstrength)... But what about thematic powers that would cause knockback? Does anyone play knockback with ranged attacks? i.e. Iron Man's repulsor beam, Cyclops, or other such powers. Sometimes I play this on a case-by-case basis (but mostly not at all, for consistency sake).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library