Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 6th, 2021, 07:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I would like to see that movie at some point Toronto. I like Tom Holland and it seems like a neat concept.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 6th, 2021, 07:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I thought Tom was solid in the role.
Daisy was good as well. Most complaints were her accent and acting was too much like Rey but they were pretty similar characters.

Also saw Willy's Wonderland which was a blast. Nic Cage in a silent role as total butt kicker.
Total B movie awesomeness.

Both movies I was the only one in the theater.
Old March 14th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I finally just watched Hidden Figures. Such a great movie.

Must admit that I got a little emotional at the end when they showed what these wonderful women went on to do. After all the struggles they went through, to see them persevere and accomplish great things made me so happy.

Old May 1st, 2021, 10:30 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The wife and I finished Zach Snyder's Justice League two nights ago (it only took us three nights!), and I've got to say, I thought it was awesome! As one of (apparently) the minority that thought the theatrical release wasn't bad - just severely abbreviated - I can surely say that this version is hands-down my favorite DC film.

Whedon (regardless of your personal opinion of the guy - I try to always separate the art I like from the artist I might not) tried to remake the first Avengers flick, but there wasn't the groundwork in place. Snyder's version, though it took four freakin' hours to do so, laid said groundwork and came out triumphantly. Also, I'm thinking Affleck might be my favorite theatrical version of Batman now.

If you like superhero movies and can find the time, I highly suggest this one.

EDIT: Also, the few million bucks (sheesh!) spent on CGI made Cyborg and Steppenwolf much more palatable in this cut of the film.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 29th, 2021, 07:17 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Bought a dvd for a buck. It had the following:
Treasure Hunters 2017. This was the feature and really terrible.

Pacific Inferno 1979 Starring Jim Brown.
This got destroyed on IMDB but I thought it was pretty great. The first 7 minutes has an incredible number of explosions.
A WWII movie about divers and sunken silver.

The Legend of Sea Wolf 1975 Chuck Connors makes this one. He is great as Wolf Larsen, captain of the Ghost.
Old July 10th, 2021, 11:07 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Last night we went and saw Black Widow. I really enjoyed it. Not the best MCU, but I had fun. Looking forward to seeing more of Yelena Belova.

Today watched Stowaway on Netflix. A 3 person 2year mission to Mars has a stowaway that puts everything in jeopardy. A little bit Apollo 13, a little bit The Martian. Pretty low budget science fiction. Just 4 people in a set. I liked it a lot. I first heard about it watching Scott Manley on Youtube. The filmmakers used him as a consultant for some of the science.
Old July 12th, 2021, 11:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

I also watched Black Widow last night and enjoyed it as well. There was only one aspect that was disappointing, but I know why they did it. Won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But it's certainly a good MCU movie that was fun.

A few nights ago I watched The Tomorrow War, with Chris Pratt. The reviews weren't so good, so I didn't have any real hopes that it would be good. But the wife and daughters were away getting tattoos for several hours, so I knew I could watch it as none of them would have interest. It had an interesting concept and some good action. I enjoyed it enough but wouldn't rave about it.

Old July 27th, 2021, 11:23 PM

Snake Eyes
Really enjoyed it.
Old August 9th, 2021, 08:47 AM

The Suicide Squad. Really enjoyed it. A step up from the original.

Gunpowder Milkshake I wanted to like this one more than I did and maybe I would have if I had not just watched Suicide Squad.
I am a huge fan of both Karen Gillan and Lena Headey so it was great to see them together.
I think this one just needed a little more action early instead of alluding to action.
Old August 9th, 2021, 09:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That is a pretty compelling duo for Gunpowder Milkshake. I need to check that one out with Mrs. Bats.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 9th, 2021, 11:35 AM

All sorts of girl power in that one. It ends strong. Would love to see a sequel.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 9th, 2021, 07:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I had been hearing some pretty good things about The Suicide Squad from the advance screenings, so I had started looking forward to that one. I was actually pretty let down by it though. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either IMO. I gave it a 6 out of 10, with no interest in seeing it a 2nd time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies