Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 30th, 2009, 11:34 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Anyone oinking yet?

There's one good thing about swine flu, they mention the recession a whole lot less in the news.
Tonight I've gotten five different topics dealing with swine flu and one dealing with the recession- chrysler's bankruptcy which would have normally been played up much more.

My biggest worry is that this is going to be what ends the world in 2012. Mayan calander from Mexico, swine flu from Mexico- coincidence I sure hope so.
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:01 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
My biggest worry is that this is going to be what ends the world in 2012. Mayan calander from Mexico, swine flu from Mexico- coincidence I sure hope so.
So if we wipe Mexico off the face of the planet, all will be okay?

...Well, we'd get blown up by other countries then....

But at least we'd go out fighting!

J/k
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Just remember, if you don't believe in evolution, you are not allowed to get a "swine flu" vaccine.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Better yet, maybe Jenny McCarty will get it because she would refuse the vaccination and her stupid "Vaccines cause Autism despite every major medical study and mountains of evidence and the fact that the guy whose only study showed that was shown to have falsified evidence and is a crook" crusade will end.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
There's one good thing about swine flu, they mention the recession a whole lot less in the news.
Tonight I've gotten five different topics dealing with swine flu and one dealing with the recession- chrysler's bankruptcy which would have normally been played up much more.

Oh come on. According to Aztec legend, the world ends every 4,000 years or so, and 2 people, somehow a man and a woman, always survive. So far, according to them, the world has ended from: A flood swallowing the sun, then a great wind that came along and blew the sun OUT, then the earth was destroyed by a huge fire, then a hail of blood and fire destroyed the earth. And you'd think there would be some historical evidence.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Quote:

Oh come on. According to Aztec legend, the world ends every 4,000 years or so, and 2 people, somehow a man and a woman, always survive. So far, according to them, the world has ended from: A flood swallowing the sun, then a great wind that came along and blew the sun OUT, then the earth was destroyed by a huge fire, then a hail of blood and fire destroyed the earth. And you'd think there would be some historical evidence.
Here is a good and simple sanity check. Repeat these words if you are worried about the 2012 Mayan legend. "Despite every other person in the history of the world being wrong when they have predicted the end of the world, this time they've got it right!"

If you can say that, and not be embarressed, please get medical help. If you feel embarresed saying that.....good for you.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
It looks like Obama is requesting 1.5 billion from Congress to combat swine flu.

Tens of thousands of people die from the regular flu every year. We've had one death in the United States thus far, so we need to shell out 1.5 billion? Just brilliant.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but this whole thing smacks of misdirection to me. I wonder what it is I'm not supposed to see while I'm worried about swine flu?
If its a conspiracy as good as the watergate scandal, I'm in! The impeachment ruins your political career, unless your wife is really into politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Dr Feelgood

the 1.5 billion is for preperation/training for any pandemic flu outbreak and a similiar amount of money was in the original stimulus - well before the current outbreak happened. IE, its to help train if a pandemic DOES break out so we don't do stupid stuff like China did with SARS.

Old May 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never paid attention to SARS... it just kind of was on the news then disappeared forever, just like the 'bird flu'.

Its the whole 'boy who cried wolf' sort of thing. If an actual high mortality rate pandemic occurs in the next 20 years, I don't think many people would believe its deadly until everyone they know starts dropping dead left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

I moved about a month ago, and just found out that someone at my old school got it. Good thing I left when I did...

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old June 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Dr Feelgood

Why? Did they die? Or just get a bad flu like everyone else did?

Old June 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Why? Did they die? Or just get a bad flu like everyone else did?
Just a bad flu.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General