Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Anyone oinking yet?

With the inevitable swine flu pandemic, we're going to have a lot more time indoors playing Heroscape, with ourselves...

Seriously, though, I was just curious if anyone has been affected by this. The news is usually over reporting or under reporting this type of thing, so I thought I'd take an unscientific sample here.

Any stories?
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Anyone oinking yet?

Well, a 2 year old just died today in Houston. He was visiting in Texas from Mexico and got sick and brought here. So our first case here is a death one. Kind of sad for the little one.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

No but the commuter train is mighty empty lately.

DWARVES!
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:32 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Just to be clear: the title is just a little bit of black humor.

I am sad to hear of any deaths, especially of children. People die every year from flu or complications from flu. I imagine the child probably died of pneumonia, which could have been treated. Many of the 1918 flu victims died from pneumonia, since antibiotics hadn't come about, yet.

I know of a few sick people, but no confirmed swine flu.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Latest from the CDC

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 1
Nevada 1
New York 50
Ohio 1
South Carolina 10
Texas 26 1
TOTAL COUNTS 109 cases 1 death

DWARVES!
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

There were some possible cases in Milwaukee up here, but I haven't heard if they were confirmed yet.
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Possible case here as well. No confirmation but they are apparently closing one of the local schools for a week.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I may be infected - Bannister has said I've acted like a swine in the past, so I may be a carrier.

Really, though, I have to go to Juarez in 2-3 weeks, so I am thinking of getting some antivirals just in case.

CONSPIRACY ALERT:
Fact 1: Mexico's loose border policies allow terrorists to enter undeterred.
Fact 2: Arabs are indistinguishable from Spaniards/Mexicans.
Fact 3: Large, densely populated areas (like Mexico City) are the perfect target seeding point for air-transmitted viral bioweapons.
Fact 5: Indonesia has a large terrorist cell that works with Al-Qaeda, and both bird flu and SARS originated in that area.
Fact 6: Not too many pig farms in Arab countries.

Conclusion: This is a terrorist attack, carried out by operatives that infected themselves, walked the streets of Mexico City to curb suspicion, and are in the process of smuggling infected illegals into the country to spread the virus.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We have had two deadly strains of flu in the past few years...First it was the Avian Flu and now the Swine Flu. God help us all if they ever merge into one.

But then again if they do maybe the Cubs will win the series and my wife will give in to that "special" request I made.

Read it again and again and......hysteria.
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I may be infected - Bannister has said I've acted like a swine in the past, so I may be a carrier.

Really, though, I have to go to Juarez in 2-3 weeks, so I am thinking of getting some antivirals just in case.
Attention Hog!!

I hear ya. I have 5 cruise tickets bought and paid for. Our cruise stops in Cozumel! Sucks big time. They are cancelling some cruises and finding alternative for others. We will see.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:23 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I may be infected - Bannister has said I've acted like a swine in the past, so I may be a carrier. Or the source more likely.

Really, though, I have to go to Juarez in 2-3 weeks, so I am thinking of getting some antivirals just in case. Why in Valhalla's name would you go to that hell hole!?!?! I'm Mexican, I know, Don't go there. I mean, we get to get rid of you, but still, I don't know I desire that end to even my worst enemy, and you aren't there yet, I still hate Barney more. Or wait...maybe you have an ulterior motive to go there...

Maybe this is YOUR plan...YOU ARE THE TERRORIST!

CONSPIRACY ALERT:
Fact 1: Mexico's loose border policies allow terrorists to enter undeterred.
Just because the water can make you runny and some women are floosies is no reaosn to call us all "loose."
Fact 2: Arabs are indistinguishable from Spaniards/Mexicans. Except if you look at their heads and what they are mounted on. Arabs wear turbans and ride in camels, we wear sombreros the size of a mega-large pizza and ride dusty old burros.
Fact 3: Large, densely populated areas (like Mexico City) are the perfect target seeding point for air-transmitted viral bioweapons. That, or the millions of nerds living at millions of parental basements. We live with our parent until 40, but at least never leave our well ventilated rooms (no AC).
Fact 5: Indonesia has a large terrorist cell that works with Al-Qaeda, and both bird flu and SARS originated in that area. And we know very well that birds and pigs are exactly the same. Brilliant!
Fact 6: Not too many pig farms in Arab countries. But plenty of pigs around this forum...or at least one well known.

Conclusion: This is a terrorist attack, carried out by operatives that infected themselves, walked the streets of Mexico City to curb suspicion, and are in the process of smuggling infected illegals into the country to spread the virus.

Or you are trying to stray our attention from YOUR terrorist liason in Juarez! You are a terrorsit AND a drug dealer. And a pig. And a druggie too. And you play with Taelord and Dund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
We have had two deadly strains of flu in the past few years...First it was the Avian Flu and now the Swine Flu. God help us all if they ever merge into one.

But then again if they do maybe the Cubs will win the series and my wife will give in to that "special" request I made. She will never accept rolling dice in a dorky dice tower, or play HS, and especially never play Taelord or Dund. Dream on.

Read it again and again and......hysteria.

Glad to share my wisdom.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My dice tower isn't dorky..it's a work of art.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General