Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Battle Report: Rumble at the Melting Castle 1 on 1

Battle Report: Rumble at the Melting Castle (1 on 1)

Side 1: “Wings of Fury” (500 pts.) Junge Roman
Empress Kiova
Syvarris
Guilty McCreech
2x Einar Emperium

Side 2: “The Dysfunctionals” (500 pts.) John Smith
Mimring
2x Shades of Bleakwood
1x Warriors of Ashra
1x Agent Carr

We drafted these armies at the table, John Smith and I. The synergy was low, but the eclectic factor was high, which was appropriate for such an abstract landscape. Flight would be key in this battle, which centers on a multilevel castle surrounded and undercut with hostile lava terrain.

Openers
Side 1 won the initiative, so the Emperium took the high ground of the walls and waited for the confrontation.
Side 2 advanced his army en masse.
Side 1 Took Syvarris on the low road underneath the castle, and gladly took potshots at the advancing army.

First Blood
Mimring led the vanguard of the Dysfunctionals and tried to lay the smack-down. An Emperial fell.
As it turned out, Mimring was unwise to do this, because the Emperium were waiting for such a mistake. They quickly surrounded Mimring and disposed of him.
With such an early catastrophe, the writing was on the wall for the Dysfunctionals.

Heat of the Battle
To recover, the Dysfunctionals tried to engage the shades to the Emperium, to try to take advantage of their lack of order markers, but were mostly unsuccessful. One more Emperial was killed, but the shades were quickly finished off in retaliation.
At this point, Agent Carr would need to get very lucky.

End Game
That was not the case. Although he threatened, Agent Carr was not up to the challenge. The Dysfunctionals sent the last WOA (nonfactors to this point) through the “basement”-what happened to Syvarris?- and over to the Wings of Fury starting zone, in a mad attempt at personal glory. Guilty was more than willing to finish them off.

In the end, the Wings of Fury lost Syvarris and a handful of Emperium. The Dysfunctionals suffered a crushing defeat, leaving John Smith to rethink his army building strategy. (He would go on to win the next battle in a very even match) The multilevels of the castle made for an interesting bit of maneuvering. Also, the start zones were mostly lavafield, meaning initial placement and order markers were critical to prevent meaningless death to units. One of the WOA learned this critical fact.
Old October 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM

shadowpie has disabled reputation
whats up wit the names? really great battle report. that guy must be kicking himself for losing mimring so early in the game

captain macmillan rules!
(call of duty 4)
Old October 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM

John Smith has disabled reputation
It definitely sucked losing Mimring so quickly believe me.

My honor was intact though as I was able to triumph in the next gambit.

"It'll hurt if i do"
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:58 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpie
whats up wit the names? really great battle report. that guy must be kicking himself for drafting mimring

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I've seen the EI do remarkably well as dragon slayers before too. 6 attacks at 3 dice = death for Mimring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 16th, 2007, 09:12 PM

shadowpie has disabled reputation
thnks ugly caco much better

captain macmillan rules!
(call of duty 4)
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Lichspawn9 Woo who?
That map looks very interesting. Did you build it yourself? If you have the layout, I would like to make it myself.

I didn't know the EI were so good. I'll have to use them sometime.

The swift song of arrows and blades echoed throughout the forest as the forces of Ullar cut down their enimies.
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichspawn9
That map looks very interesting. Did you build it yourself? If you have the layout, I would like to make it myself.

I didn't know the EI were so good. I'll have to use them sometime.
I did build the map myself. I just started freeform placing things until I was happy with it. I do not have a layout, but I understand that someone is trying to put it into virtualscape. Check my maps thread for more pictures.

EI arent' really that good in general, but they were pretty decent on this map, and against high cost low defense creatures they are definitely a threat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports