Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piherculis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I used Morsbane last night and he was the MVP of the night. One thing did come up however. I negated Concan's card. I know he lost his Bonus with the knights and Sentinels, but does Concan also loose his Flying ability? I said yes last night, but I wanna use him again tonight. Just wanna make sure we used him right. Anyone?
Yes, he does lose flying.
Is that an offical Hasbro ruling? If so this guy is even more evil, and belongs to Utgar!
Yes, it is because it says so on the card.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I used Morsbane last night and he was the MVP of the night. One thing did come up however. I negated Concan's card. I know he lost his Bonus with the knights and Sentinels, but does Concan also loose his Flying ability? I said yes last night, but I wanna use him again tonight. Just wanna make sure we used him right. Anyone?
Is that an offical Hasbro ruling? If so this guy is even more evil, and belongs to Utgar!
Sounds like the kind of answer I might give for a question like this.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:25 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like the kind of answer I might give for a question like this.
Nooooooooooo! I have fallen to the dark side. ... ... ...

Oh well, no harm done.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
the card is actually quite clear.....
not crystal clear.

the confusion that has cropped up lately on SPs, like with Morsbane, is the use of the word figure. apparently it now means both a single figure (hero) or a squad of figures. i've bolded in red where this word could mean more than one figure on a single Army Card, not just a single figure.

Morsbane - Rod of Negation:
Start the game with 3 brown Negation Markers on this card. At the end of the turn, if you have at least 1 Negation Marker on this card, you may choose any opponent's unique figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Morsbane. Roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 1‑15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16‑19, place a Negation Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure.

Nakita Agents - Smoke Powder:
When any Nikita Agent you control, or any figure you control that is adjacent to any Nikita agent you control, is targeted for a normal attack from a non‑adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, all Nikita Agents you control and all figures you control that are adjacent to those agents, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

they got it right with NeGokSa. figure means a single figure. the "all figures on it" makes this SP crystal clear, unlike the two above.

NeGokSa - Mind Shackle:
After moving and before attacking, you may choose any unique figure adjacent to Ne‑Gok‑Sa. Roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card. If Ne‑Gok‑Sa is destroyed, you retain control of any previously Mind Shackled Army Cards.
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
look at the wording, I'm not an english teacher nor do I really pay much attention to grammer...but Negoksa card say Fiqure as in singular.

and Morsbane says Fiqure's(possessive) which means it's directly related to the card which in turn will negate the rest of the squad's ability since they are tied to that card. Nikita's card is the same way, it uses the possessive form of fiqure also.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
the card is actually quite clear.....
not crystal clear.

the confusion that has cropped up lately on SPs, like with Morsbane, is the use of the word figure. apparently it now means both a single figure (hero) or a squad of figures. i've bolded in red where this word could mean more than one figure on a single Army Card, not just a single figure.

Morsbane - Rod of Negation:
Start the game with 3 brown Negation Markers on this card. At the end of the turn, if you have at least 1 Negation Marker on this card, you may choose any opponent's unique figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Morsbane. Roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 1‑15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16‑19, place a Negation Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure.

Nakita Agents - Smoke Powder:
When any Nikita Agent you control, or any figure you control that is adjacent to any Nikita agent you control, is targeted for a normal attack from a non‑adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, all Nikita Agents you control and all figures you control that are adjacent to those agents, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

they got it right with NeGokSa. figure means a single figure. the "all figures on it" makes this SP crystal clear, unlike the two above.

NeGokSa - Mind Shackle:
After moving and before attacking, you may choose any unique figure adjacent to Ne‑Gok‑Sa. Roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 20, take control of the chosen figure and that figure's Army Card. You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card. If Ne‑Gok‑Sa is destroyed, you retain control of any previously Mind Shackled Army Cards.
It's still quite clear. A figure is just that, a figure. A single game piece, one of many for a squad. A figure's turn, a figure's card, or a figure's special powers belong not only to that figure, but the entire squad. Turns and powers are regulated by cards, which are shared by a squad. Therefore, anything that affects these shared attributes affect the entire squad, but anything that affects the figure itself (attacks, damage, death, etc) only affect that one figure.
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
look at the wording, I'm not an english teacher nor do I really pay much attention to grammer...but Negoksa card say Fiqure as in singular.
huh? i was trying to point out the phrase "You now control that Army Card and all figures on it." with an emphasis on the plural use of the word. it should have been explained in a similar way for Morsbane and Nakitas, imo.

Quote:
and Morsbane says Fiqure's(possessive) which means it's directly related to the card which in turn will negate the rest of the squad's ability since they are tied to that card. Nikita's card is the same way, it uses the possessive form of fiqure also.
um, possessive is not the same as plural. your explanation above requires some pretty heavy duty reading between the lines i think.

they did a better job with covering both Unique Hero and Unique Squad when explaining NeGokSa's Mind Shackle.

it's a bad idea to start using the word figure (singular) to reference the entire squad (or squads if talking about a Common army card).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
It's still quite clear. A figure is just that, a figure. A single game piece, one of many for a squad. A figure's turn, a figure's card, or a figure's special powers belong not only to that figure, but the entire squad. Turns and powers are regulated by cards, which are shared by a squad. Therefore, anything that affects these shared attributes affect the entire squad, but anything that affects the figure itself (attacks, damage, death, etc) only affect that one figure.
Eclipse, your explanation is clear. and i understand it fine. but the average player is going to read Morsbane's card and be scratching their head for a while trying to decifer this double meaning of the word figure.

it would help if they started using a singular term that means "hero figure or squad figures". the term "unit" is used a lot but i think the designers are trying to avoid gamer jargon. perhaps "character" could work.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, the rulebook should have a nice simple glossary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's