Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Capture the Glyph version

My friends and I were looking for a balance way to play 3 players with a limited amount of land. (a masterset and a couple of expansions)

Anyway, you build a board with 3 starting locations and another location that will hold a stack or two of multiuse glyphs (the amount determines how long you will be playing) and is somewhat equadistant from the starting locations.

The goal is to have the most glyphs once they have all been taken.

Play is normal with the following exceptions:
1. To claim a glyph, one of your heroes must land in a designated spot next to the glyph on his turn, and survive through to his next turn. Then he is teleported with the glyph back to your starting location. The next glyph in the stack will be the next one claimed from this stack.
2. Once the glyph is in your area, you gain any bonuses from it even if it is not occupied by a character.
3. A glyph can be stolen from your starting area in exactly the same way you claimed it to begin with, so you have to protect your starting area.
4. Once all the glyphs have been claimed and are in starting areas, the game is over.
Whoever has the most glyphs at this point wins.

I recommend trying this if you want a little more diversity, especially if you have limited funds/pieces to play with. We had a blast and played several games in a short period of time. We also used teleportation hexes to even out distances if the maps weren't perfectly balanced to start with.

What do you think?
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:59 PM

jlo Woo who?
This sounds like a very good idea. How long did your games take and how many glyphs were used? What about your army point totals? I'll have to try this soon.
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:33 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
We played about 3 games in 2-1/2 hours. It was nice and fast paced. Two of us rushed for the glyphs at top speed, with the other deciding to try to blockade the glyphs until he could get a repeatable Saylind combo going. I do not think the glyph amount is critical. We used around 6. (The more you have, the longer the game) The armies were 350-400 points, but I do not think this is critical either.

The tie would go to the player with the most points left in figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions