Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 16th, 2006, 11:17 PM

Regai Woo who?
Heroscape Card Catalog (v1.0.8 - First GPL Release!)

This is the offical thread for the Heroscape Card Catalog program. Post any questions or comments here.

Heroscape Card Catalog lets you quickly create custom cards using any template you want to set up. It supports fogging, target icons, multiple templates, image positioning, text postioning. You can control the font face, size, and color for each faction. You can store your creation for later retrival, create and reuse races, classes, factions, and specials. You can save the finished card as a .BMP file for printing.

The project is now Live on SourceForge! V1.0.8 is now up there (thanks Orbital)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hs-card-catalog
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM

Regai Woo who?
We need original artwork for the factions and the splash screen. Anything you provide will be handled under the Creative Commons License (to go along with the spirit of the GPL).

Also, we need someone who would like to create help texts and/or tutorials for the program.

Contact me, Orbital, Parduz, or EyeOfSauron.
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:06 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Glad there is a thread for this app now. I have plunked down my $10 and it was well worth it. Here are some examples of some cards I made with very little effort:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=117

As far as templates, here is another thread that has blanks for all the factions to get you started:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=269

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:44 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Questions.....

Can I still use the cards I make with it after the thrity days expires or does it have some sort of lockdown that prevents me from opening those cards again?

If we download this version, does your promise of a future tutorial mean the current one has no instructions or explanations? If so, are you still charging us the full 10 bucks for it?

Can we see some sample cards to help sell the download? Not just the ones from the link but like examples of how they were made....showing the artwork he started with and how it was put together, to really get a sense of how much work is needed.

If you can answer any or all of that I'd appreciate it.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:08 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
how do i load the cards onto a post?

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM

Regai Woo who?
[edit] parts of the post are now moot. HCC is free now [/edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Questions.....

Can I still use the cards I make with it after the thrity days expires or does it have some sort of lockdown that prevents me from opening those cards again?

If we download this version, does your promise of a future tutorial mean the current one has no instructions or explanations? If so, are you still charging us the full 10 bucks for it?

Can we see some sample cards to help sell the download? Not just the ones from the link but like examples of how they were made....showing the artwork he started with and how it was put together, to really get a sense of how much work is needed.

If you can answer any or all of that I'd appreciate it.
Sorry I've taken so long to respond. I've been working on something related to HCC and needed to see how that would pan out first.

To answer your questions:

1) After the 30 day trial the software is locked and you cannot do anything with it until you get an activation code.

2) There are no instructions for the current version, there was a thread on HQ that told you how to use it and as new features were added I posted how to use them.

3) Charging to use the program...... well, you see that was what I was working on. I'll post more details on this bit later.

4) Sample of how the program works? That was on HQ as well...

Here is a link to the old instructions that I posted on my website.

http://www.clanperry.net/hcc/

(And to the question about how to upload a pic to here? I don't know how you'd do that but to get the card from HCC you need to go to File|Save as BMP)
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
So have you decided to allow us to activate it for free now? As a way of not having it completely die off?
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:50 AM

Regai Woo who?
A freeware version of HCC is now available for download from my server. If the traffic gets to high the provider may cut off traffic for a while, but I should have enough bandwidth for those who want the program to download it.
Old June 15th, 2006, 08:57 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
YES.... thank you Ragai very much!!!!
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This is great news!! Get it while you can folks!!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I have downloaded HCC already, now for a few questions. first is there anyway to dowload new templates? If so how? Next I am using photoshop to put white backgrounds on my guys but it still comes out grainy, I can move them to Paint using a pritn screen I think but is there another way? Any tips on the targeting icon? that is a bit tricky. Anyways now that Regai has stepped up and given us this program we need someone to step up and write a decent guide to it. Regai mentioned there is one on HQ, can we get that here? I tried looking already but the site this site is on the fritz today so I might have missed it.
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Regai Woo who?
The template thing I was leaving up to the community because of copyright issues. You should be able to get blanks and tweak the text positions to get that working good. (And if anyone does that with a blank .DAT file, please share it).

Right now, the background of the figure image needs to be pure white. The only way to do that is to use a non-compressed image format. I suggest .BMP.

If you use .JPG it compresses the image and that causes bleeding of colors from one pixel to the next (translation, what was once a white pixel next to a red pixel is now a very light pink pixel next to a very dark pink pixel)

The target icon is a bit tricky so let me give you a quick run down on how it works:

When you click the button, if nothing appears, click reset. Nothing will appear if the stored image was empty.

Next zoom in until the image disappears (this is a bug that I never got fixed), now zoom back out one. This is as large as you are going to be able to use. Sorry about that.

So to make the grey (non-targetable) areas, click the grey box then click on one side of the red and drag the mouse across the red area to mark off the section you want grey. Now hold the shift key down and click in the area you want to be grey to flood fill that area. If you mess up, click the red color and shift click to flood fill the grey area.

To put the eye icon on here, click the green color and then draw in the eye.

You can use the black tool to clean up the targeting image if you want.

(All clicks are left-clicks)

The old guide should be in your install directory as a word document, it is not that great, but it is there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software