Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 17th, 2016, 03:45 PM

mathjedi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: JerseyScape - Flex Tourney Sunday, 9/11/16 Hamilton

I bet you say that to all the Feral Trolls!
Old September 18th, 2016, 05:33 AM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Wish I had logged in a week earlier... 15 minutes from where I live...
Old September 18th, 2016, 06:41 AM

Kuba2016 costs too much!

sorry for the spam

Last edited by Kuba2016; September 18th, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old September 18th, 2016, 07:21 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post
Wish I had logged in a week earlier... 15 minutes from where I live...
This is great to see. Looks like our next get together will be in Monmouth county on 10/15. We will definitely hold more events in Hamilton as Family Fun Hobbies is a great venue and it's a pretty central location for many.
Old September 18th, 2016, 02:22 PM

fallow is surprisingly tart

Damn! I missed it!

I'll try to check in more often

-Member, defeated by Xanth club.

-Selling most of my 'Scape to keep from losing my house :/
Old September 18th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey Fallow! Good to see you checking in. We'll be in Savage, Maryland, on 11/5. It would be good to see you again.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 28th, 2016, 11:04 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hey Fallow! Good to see you checking in. We'll be in Savage, Maryland, on 11/5. It would be good to see you again.
@fallow -
Yes, it is good to see that you're still checking these Forums occasionally. Dad_Scaper's Savage event in MD has been changed to November 19th. That's the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving, but the day after my wife's birthday, so I'm reluctant to make plans for that weekend this far in advance without checking with "the boss." He's been hinting that the New Jersey contingent should car-pool to minimize the expense and thus encouraging us to get down there. That might work for you guys in the Del Val (i.e. @TheEpicAlpaca could drive to Princeton, then @Man_At_Arms (aka BigBoa) drive to Burlington to pick up you and @9BelowMadness ). I guess the three of you could meet me at the Del Mem Bridge, leaving your car(s) in Deepwater (Pennsville) to pile into my mini-van, since I'll be coming straight across the bottom of the Garden State via Rt. 40 or Rt. 49. All that has to be prior to 9:30 because it's still a 2+ hour ride from there down I-95 through Baltimore.

Anyway, there's another event much closer to home coming up on Saturday October 15th. My gaming friends in Monmouth County have scheduled their Fall (Semi-Annual) Family Game Day at Park Church, #31 Park Road, in Tinton Falls, just 5 minutes from Monmouth Mall (intersection of Rt's. 35 & 36), from noon to 8:00 PM-ish. I've brought some HeroScape maps and armies to their three previous events and got very little interest and participation (even though it was great to see @Northgate and his son last year). Chuck wants me to do it again as a quasi-tournament, but without at least a couple of commitments, I leaning toward making it a day of Star Wars Gaming with Fantasy Flights' Imperial Assault, Rebellion, and maybe X-Wing hitting the tables. Are you interested? You could check out the on-going discussions on the Board Game Geek Guild "Exit 105 Gamers." Besides that I'm still trying to make it to one of the monthly GOTCHA events at the Cherry Hill Library. Have you been attending those?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 28th, 2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Corrected typo
Old September 29th, 2016, 07:52 AM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

@Johngee. I'm down for doing that Jersey carpool get together. The date in Nov should work for me.
Any update on Heroscape format for the 15th or any other info?
Thanks
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM

@ TEA ~

As I tried to explain - it will be up to you guys in northern and western Jersey to coordinate a car-pool and then jump on the NJ Turnpike or I-295 to head down to the Del Mem Br. I am coming from a different direction and hopefully might pick up @DragonSlayer2 along the way. As soon as we cross into Delaware, there's a big new Rest Area where we could rendezvous as we stop for a second round of caffeinated beverages.

Regarding the Saturday October 15th event at Park Church, #31 Park Road in Tinton Falls, NJ near GSP Exit #105 . . . YES, I will be there before noon, since they are counting on me to bring four extra tables. AND I will bring the two HeroScape maps and the dozen 450 point armies that I had put together for @Man_At_Arms 's event at Family Fun Hobbies. These will be available more for "demo" purposes than an actual "tournament." I will reach out again to the 'usual suspects,' but it may be just you, me and Chuck doing the HS, since I've gotten no feedback from @fallow, @tom, @Arcus, @mad_wookiee, @manofwar, @Northgate , @PeasantDave, @DragonSlayer2, @Taeblewalker, @chas, @Grishnakh, @spidysox, @peteparkerh, @Scooter72 , @Sherman Davies , @9BelowMadness , @mathjedi , @kolakoski , @major/flint , @buellsmith , etc.

Right now I am still leaning toward running a Star Wars: Imperial Assault campaign of 3 - 4 scenarios for some other non 'Scaping friends whom I know will be there. You are welcome to join us in that. It's a four-player coop, each with one hero (and possibly an ally) against ME the Imperial Overlord with all the forces of the Dark Side at my disposal... haha ; o )

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 29th, 2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added additional contacts to list
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

I will be away during the 10/15 event at Park Church but I will keep my eyes open for the next one.
Old September 29th, 2016, 03:14 PM

It looks like the next one in MARS (the Mid-Atlantic Region of 'Scapers) will be Dad_Scaper's event in Savage Maryland, on Saturday NOVEMBER 19th. It's a nice location in a nice game store, just in a galaxy that's far, FAR away between Jessup and Laurel near Fort Meade, if you've ever been down that way.

Old September 29th, 2016, 09:54 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Hey my name is Eric and I just moved to northern Virginia. None of my friends play Heroscape here so I'd be totally interested in coming up on the 10/15 to play some 'Scape. I just rediscovered my collection after getting rid of my storage container. I can bring my own 450 point army and anything else you need!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events