Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Initial PLaytest)

C > B > A

I don't mind trinket text for immunities and bonuses for otherwise simple powers, but when things get complicated, gameplay, clarity, and conciseness trump thematic detail for me.
Old February 9th, 2018, 11:46 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A

The theme is already pretty wonky here. If Magneto doesn't get any OM's in one turn, is he really removing his helmet and grabbing a pillow for some shut eye? We are fudging the theme here to make him useful. I'm going out on a limb here to say that Freddy here has found away lull inactive people into a day dream (a demonic magical power given/taught to him by his new demonic allies from the Marvel/DC universes) and attack them there rather than suggesting Thor takes a nap in the middle of his fight with Frost Giants. Thor becoming bored/distracted at some point during the fight and entering into a dream like state while still awake because he was bewitched I can buy though.
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:01 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If Magneto doesn't get any OM's in one turn, is he really removing his helmet and grabbing a pillow for some shut eye?
Sounds legit.
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can't officially vote but I'm with YK here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
If Magneto doesn't get any OM's in one turn, is he really removing his helmet and grabbing a pillow for some shut eye?
Sounds legit.
My take is more that wacky dreamworld stuff isn't the same as conventional telepathy, and doesn't really need to be bound by the same limits. I think that if it wasn't there, the Telepath/Mental Shield stuff wouldn't really feel like it was missing. To me, anyway. Your mileage may vary.
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That's sort of along my stance. We don't really know anything for sure. We're all just assuming these things interact together a specific way. That's why I was hoping there's been some sort of canonical interaction between Freddy and a Telepath.

Regardless, it's a minor immunity pool in the grand scheme of things, so I don't really have a strong preference. Perhaps we need a couple attempts at wording things out to see what's the smoothest way possible to represent anything like this. I'd personally like to stray away from having to resort to "Freddy can't use special powers on those with Mental Shield" in his 1st power. It's just a bit odd.
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:55 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Breathing)

Unless there's some history of telepaths actively resisting him in a way that other's can't, I don't think it's needed. The whole thing is an abstraction anyway since of course figures aren't actually settling down for a nap between turns. Simple is better.

Mental Shield fits here more intuitively but it's still pretty optional.

I'd put the "put Freddy back on the card" power in the first power, so it becomes:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. Anytime Freddy destroys a figure, you may immediately place Freddy on this card. If Freddy is on his card and not destroyed, Order Markers may still be placed and revealed on this card.
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:59 PM

Good idea.
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:28 PM

There are still some left to vote, but it's looking like half prefer nothing included, and half prefer both be included. So I think the next natural question, if we are to compromise, is if we had to include only 1, which one is more important/fitting? Mental Shield or Telepath?
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know you are excited about the design and want to keep things moving, but give the poll at least 24 hours before drawing any conclusions. Some people have not even logged on to the site yet today. Work limitations and such.
Old February 9th, 2018, 02:03 PM

Nothing:
johnny
Ronin
dok

Both:
Yoda
Spidey
quozl

Indifferent:
Arkham

Most people that can even see this thread that have been following along enough to care, have stated what they prefer in terms of the simplicity vs. complexity. Enough to realize there's no clear cut overwhelming preference in either direction. Even if a couple more chime in on one side, it's still seemingly best to just compromise with 1 call out, which will maintain a degree of simplicity as you don't have 2 different factors at play, but you still get a bit of that theme.
Old February 9th, 2018, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I wish I could find some concrete research on if Telepaths would be vulnerable while sleeping.
What, by asking all the real-life telepaths?
Why is that so funny...I think it's an excellent suggestion...unfortunately all the Telepaths I know haven't called me back...I did leave a voicemail though.

Quote:
I know you are excited about the design and want to keep things moving, but give the poll at least 24 hours before drawing any conclusions. Some people have not even logged on to the site yet today. Work limitations and such.
Yeah I was on the road all day today for work...just got home...

However my vote doesn't help since I would be in the same category as Arkham in that I have no preference.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library