Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Hunger Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviofDoom View Post
the day i checked it out from the library, my teacher decided to read it for read aloudso i decided to read Pendragon instead, since my Reading teacher is already reading it to us anyway. so far it is a great book. My favorite authors are Jonathan Stroud, and Garth Nix. You should definatly (despite it's cheesy name) Heroes of The Valley by Jonathan Stroud
What grade are you in? I'm just curious because, if you're like a fourth grader, I'm curious how many parents would object to having a book read to their children about 24 teenagers who kill each other. Not to mention, there's a lot of kissing. (I can imagine of lot of 4th graders going "Ewwww")
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

Haha, no i'm in 7th

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think I had a teacher read aloud to the whole class after second or third grade, that's weird.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've had Catching Fire sitting on my 'to read' shelf for a few months now. Just finished up my current book, I think I may return to the Capitol tonight.

-insert signature here-
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I've had Catching Fire sitting on my 'to read' shelf for a few months now. Just finished up my current book, I think I may return to the Capitol tonight.
You should. I lent Catching Fire to a girl this morning. By my 6th hour class, she had read 250 pages of the book. That therefore proves that Catching Fire is even better than Hunger Games.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I've read these books too. They are great. I really liked the ending of catching fire, especially Plutarch Heavensbee. It was cool how he was on the good side and told Katniss what the arena would be like with the hint of his watch.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Dude, spoiler tags!

-insert signature here-
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Dude, spoiler tags!
It's okay nyys. As soon as you read it, it was pretty obvious, anyway (at least for me).
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished reading Hunger Games and plan on starting Catching Fire sometime tonight or today. I agree with whomever it is that stated that this book reminds them of Stephen King's The Long Walk (great book, by the way, though I'm not a King fan).

I do not recall who the author is, but has anyone read Battle Royale? A book about 100 students trapped on an island and having to fight to the death until only one remains. They have tamper-proof collars on their necks that will randomly activate (if I recall correctly. It has been a while since I've read this) and blow a student up if no one has been killed within a certain time frame. Pretty good book, but not as much character attachment or development as Hunger Games.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM

Ohhh, thanks for the tip, I will have to check that out.

-insert signature here-
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM

FYI, the author of Battle Royale is Koushun Takami. The description on Amazon calls it a mondern day Lord of the Flies (another book I have sitting on my 'to read' shelf).

Taking my 33% off one item coupon to Borders at lunch today to see if I can find it.

-insert signature here-
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished book 2, Catching Fire, and I have to say that it was much better than I initially thought. I enjoyed it immensely, as my lack of sleep over the last 5 days will attest.

I do hope this is a trilogy and not an ongoing series (), though, as I eagerly await book 3.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books