Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 7th, 2007, 10:49 PM

deutschboy has disabled reputation
Improve my army!

My 400 point army...

Major Q9
Izumi Samurai
Marro Warriors
Syvarris

丰西山。我不是英国人!我是德国人!
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Whats your strategy?
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM

deutschboy has disabled reputation
Send Syvarris and the Izumi first and then use the three marros to attack, keeping the last one for clonins, then use q9 where I need him.

丰西山。我不是英国人!我是德国人!
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM

drumtooth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
send in Q9 first instead of syvarris so syvarris won't die so quickly.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavid6
send in Q9 first instead of syvarris so syvarris won't die so quickly.
Yes. And if you can put the Marro Warriors up front even further, they can threaten the enemy with leaving engagement attacks, while taking pot shots and cloning as needed. They thus form a nice buffer for the heroes.

Too bad this army has no bonding. However, none of the figures you have bond with anything anyway.

The Samurai can stand as a second wave of defense for the heavy-hitting long range heroes. Counterstrike is sweet.

Old August 11th, 2007, 01:30 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation
Another 400 point army featuring Q-9 and the Izumi that I like is:

Q-9 (180)
Izumi (60)
Reavers X2 (80)
Raelin (80)

The strategy is to send the reavers out in front of Q-9 and move the Izumi right in front of Q-9. As a result, your opponent not only has to deal with rats that can scatter against normal attacks, but also a layer of Izumi right in front of Q-9. With Raelin just behind the Izumi and Q-9, you know have the Izumi rolling 7 defense dice with counterstrike against melee attacks. If the enemy gets by the rats and attacks Q-9 with range, Q-9 is still rolling 9 defense dice thanks to Raelin. The trick is to find a nice little pocket or piece of high ground early (such as by a tree or ruin). Once the reavers and Izumi ae in place, you can blast away with Q-9 and even if the enemy is initially out of range of his special, you can still use his normal attack.

My 500 point variation is slightly different, but designed to enhace the range of the figures:

Q-9
Raelin
Laglor
Kravs (who really benefit from Raelin)
Reavers (3 sets)

I tried this once and it was pretty effective. I haven't considered how Wave 7 factors into this army yet or into designing a good counter.

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:13 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillinator
Another 400 point army featuring Q-9 and the Izumi that I like is:

Q-9 (180)
Izumi (60)
Reavers X2 (80)
Raelin (80)

The strategy is to send the reavers out in front of Q-9 and move the Izumi right in front of Q-9. As a result, your opponent not only has to deal with rats that can scatter against normal attacks, but also a layer of Izumi right in front of Q-9. With Raelin just behind the Izumi and Q-9, you know have the Izumi rolling 7 defense dice with counterstrike against melee attacks. If the enemy gets by the rats and attacks Q-9 with range, Q-9 is still rolling 9 defense dice thanks to Raelin. The trick is to find a nice little pocket or piece of high ground early (such as by a tree or ruin). Once the reavers and Izumi ae in place, you can blast away with Q-9 and even if the enemy is initially out of range of his special, you can still use his normal attack.

My 500 point variation is slightly different, but designed to enhace the range of the figures:

Q-9
Raelin
Laglor
Kravs (who really benefit from Raelin)
Reavers (3 sets)

I tried this once and it was pretty effective. I haven't considered how Wave 7 factors into this army yet or into designing a good counter.
Your 500 point variation is over quite a bit. That looks like 590 points to me. Course then again I can see why that'd be really effective.

Grenade lobbyist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion