Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old July 18th, 2019, 09:42 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I don't know if I'm completely sold, but it can easily work thematically. Something like...

Veil of Darkness
(Opponent's) figures within 4 clear sight spaces of (figure name) may not make normal attacks against non-adjacent figures.

My main concern is that, in certain matchups, this will remove the tension of the aura/spirit combination. Melee armies would have no reason to attack him. However, I do think this aura would work well for a Demon/Darklord design. Less so for a Hybrid, where the lack of bonding would make the aura very tough to use.

I like Soul Decay Spirit well enough. How necessary do we feel the Unique Hero restriction is? If we wanted, we could allow him to go on any army card and use wording similar to Wannok, where the card's controller must choose a figure from that army card to receive a wound.
I like this aura power but I'm still sold on the complementary match up suggested by Scytale, Whiff of Death a.k.a Soul Decay Aura, especially with the tweak I suggested:

"Soul Decay Aura v2
Whenever an enemy figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> attacks or defends and rolls all blanks that figure receives 1 additional wound.
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:31 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I just read in on the conversation here and had an interesting take pop into my head. So if you guys would humor me Ill throw my pennies and run away. With this guy having an aura of hatred or something to that affect, what if he made all figures within X spaces attack with a plus one and subtracted 1 from defense. You could make an exception to some figures if you wanted as the likes of gothloks exception of valkrill losing defense. Alright. Im running away now. Look forward to the discussion.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:00 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

What do people want: Demon, Hybrid, Kyrie or other.
My preference is either Demon or Hybrid.
An idea for a name could be Pazuzus. Pazuzu was a demon in ancient Mesopotamian religion, He was the bearer of storms and drought. Often depicted with his right hand up and left hand down same as Ob nixilis.

Long live heroscape
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
What do people want: Demon, Hybrid, Kyrie or other.
My preference is either Demon or Hybrid.
An idea for a name could be Pazuzus. Pazuzu was a demon in ancient Mesopotamian religion, He was the bearer of storms and drought. Often depicted with his right hand up and left hand down same as Ob nixilis.
Demon for me
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think Hybrid is clever, in both a good and a bad way. Hybrids don't always have to be half human, right?

Demon is my second choice.
Old July 20th, 2019, 12:31 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just read in on the conversation here and had an interesting take pop into my head. So if you guys would humor me Ill throw my pennies and run away. With this guy having an aura of hatred or something to that affect, what if he made all figures within X spaces attack with a plus one and subtracted 1 from defense. You could make an exception to some figures if you wanted as the likes of gothloks exception of valkrill losing defense. Alright. Im running away now. Look forward to the discussion.
The idea of an attack buff that works for both allies and enemies is interesting. On it’s face, the easiest way to use it would be to pod up with range, but we could restrict it to melee attacks fairly easily.

I also like the whiff punish option, though I don’t think all blanks is workable. It’s very rare, for one, and also has different odds depending on if you’re playing with first edition dice (which were separated into attack dice with 3 skulls 3 blanks and defense dice with 2 shields 4 blanks) or not. It’s a shame, though, as I do prefer a version that doesn’t add the extra step of a d20 roll to the mix, especially if we have one for Soul Decay Spirit which it looks like we might go with.

EDIT: Also, I think I slightly prefer Demon. Hybrid works, but only with a little extra layer of explanation that doesn’t seem quite in spirit with the archetype that species represents.
Old July 21st, 2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:

I also like the whiff punish option, though I don’t think all blanks is workable. It’s very rare, for one, and also has different odds depending on if you’re playing with first edition dice (which were separated into attack dice with 3 skulls 3 blanks and defense dice with 2 shields 4 blanks) or not. It’s a shame, though, as I do prefer a version that doesn’t add the extra step of a d20 roll to the mix, especially if we have one for Soul Decay Spirit which it looks like we might go with.
How about "Soul Decay Aura v3
Whenever an enemy figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> attacks or defends and rolls all blanks or ties the opponent roll that figure receives 1 additional wound.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 02:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeraistlin View Post
Quote:

How about "Soul Decay Aura v3
Whenever an enemy figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> attacks or defends and rolls all blanks or ties the opponent roll that figure receives 1 additional wound.
Too strong, and still has the blanks problem. Something simpler would be better.

I'm not exactly against a d20 roll either, as long as it's not super common. Maybe something like,

Soul Decay Aura 4
Whenever an enemy figure within 4 clear sight spaces makes a normal attack but does not roll any skulls, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, that figure receives one wound.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 04:48 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

I don't know why, but I'm getting a Khorne vibe here. A sort of "fight for my amusement" kind of thing where he is on your side, but he's just there for a good time.;

Utgar
[Ob] (can happen after abilities and such are settled)
Demon
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciless
[Height] (unsure of model scale, but guessing 5)

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 4

POINTS (TBD)

Special Powers:

Gift of Violence
Whenever another figure within 5 spaces makes an attack against a target other than [Ob], its controller may choose to add 1 to the attack value. If the target is wounded or destroyed by that attack, place a Blood Debt Marker on this Army Card.

Blood Rites
At the start of [Ob]'s move, you may remove 2 Blood Debt Markers on this Army Card to either remove a Wound Marker from [Ob] or gain +1 to Move or Attack this turn. Use this ability only once each turn.

Incite Blood Lust
While there are 6 or more Blood Debt Markers on this card, [Ob] and allied figures you control within 5 spaces of him have +1 attack and move.

Flying (as normal)

Just a quick mockup and thought on him at a glance.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:41 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
I don't know why, but I'm getting a Khorne vibe here. A sort of "fight for my amusement" kind of thing where he is on your side, but he's just there for a good time.;

Utgar
[Ob] (can happen after abilities and such are settled)
Demon
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciless
[Height] (unsure of model scale, but guessing 5)

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 4

POINTS (TBD)

Special Powers:

Gift of Violence
Whenever another figure within 5 spaces makes an attack against a target other than [Ob], its controller may choose to add 1 to the attack value. If the target is wounded or destroyed by that attack, place a Blood Debt Marker on this Army Card.

Blood Rites
At the start of [Ob]'s move, you may remove 2 Blood Debt Markers on this Army Card to either remove a Wound Marker from [Ob] or gain +1 to Move or Attack this turn. Use this ability only once each turn.

Incite Blood Lust
While there are 6 or more Blood Debt Markers on this card, [Ob] and allied figures you control within 5 spaces of him have +1 attack and move.

Flying (as normal)

Just a quick mockup and thought on him at a glance.
I think this would be too much text on a card and would there be a limit on the number of markers? Gift of violence and incite blood could result in +2 attack for your own figures which is too powerful. I think aura 5 is too much for an attack aura.

I do like the essence of gift of violence but without markers.
How about: Whenever another figure within 2 clear sight spaces of (name) makes a normal attack,
its controller may choose to add 1 to the attack value. If so after defense dice are rolled the attacking figure must roll 20 sided die 1-13? they receive one wound.

Long live heroscape
Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The addition of an attack aura for any figures within 5 spaces of him for all with the exception that they may not target him would keep the points down a little bit. I would add that if the figure does not wound another figure with the attack boost it must take a wound. That would keep the power somewhat in check. That paired with flying may fill quite a bit of the card along with giving him an interesting enough angle that he would be fun to play. If another ability is added it may need to be less text heavy to fit on the card.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 24th, 2019, 02:59 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Yeah, I like the missed attack also wounding the attacker. Maybe something like this (and drop the blood debt)?;

Gift of Violence
Whenever another figure within 5 spaces makes an attack against a target other than [Ob], its controller may choose to add 1 to the attack value. If the attacker does not inflict any wounds or destroy the defender, the attacker suffers 1 damage.

Incite Blood Lust
All figures within 5 spaces receive +1 attack as long as they are not attacking [Ob]. Whenever any figure within this area is wounded or destroyed, remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs