Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 7th, 2015, 11:31 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Random is kind of a cool idea. I guess it's easy enough to flip the markers over, shuffle them around, and pick one. Not much different than a random Order Marker.
Except Order Markers then to be very nondescript from the back where these could have minor imperfections that could distinguish them from one another.
They already do. Did you mean Order Markers or the other markers? Glyphs have to be nondescript from the back too. This doesn't seem particularly revolutionary.
These particular markers are different in that they fit over the number in the card otherwise there's not a simple way to distinguish which attribute is being modified.

Glyphs and regular Markers are different.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Random is kind of a cool idea. I guess it's easy enough to flip the markers over, shuffle them around, and pick one. Not much different than a random Order Marker.
Except Order Markers then to be very nondescript from the back where these could have minor imperfections that could distinguish them from one another.
They already do. Did you mean Order Markers or the other markers? Glyphs have to be nondescript from the back too. This doesn't seem particularly revolutionary.
These particular markers are different in that they fit over the number in the card otherwise there's not a simple way to distinguish which attribute is being modified.

Good point on that front. Though there's a circular version and a square version, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2015, 01:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good point on that front. Though there's a circular version and a square version, right?
I honestly haven't figured out a successful way to do it myself since I use the smaller cards but yeah the Mr. Sinister ones are square

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2015, 02:55 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, no, I meant I thought on his actual card we had both circular and square versions available. This might be a case where the circular ones would be best to stick with.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2015, 04:13 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Oh, no, I meant I thought on his actual card we had both circular and square versions available. This might be a case where the circular ones would be best to stick with.
Oh sorry, Mr. Sinister had only square and that's what I was basing it off of.

Old December 7th, 2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Oh sorry, Mr. Sinister had only square and that's what I was basing it off of.
Ah, my bad. I was misremembering. I think it might've been an option we were throwing around or something at some point, then.

Old December 7th, 2015, 08:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think Dark Beast absolutely needs a power like this:
Quote:
ALTERNATE REALITY
When this Beast (Henry McCoy) is in your Army, any other Henry McCoy may also be in your Army.
OK, I suck at official wording, but you get the idea.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

That's why his name is Henry, and regular Beast is named Hank. But if you can think of any other versions of Beast who've run around in the 616, or in just a nonnative reality then I'm fine to throw it on, even though I don't know if it's necessary.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 7th, 2015, 11:14 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't catch the name change either. I'm currently reading the onslaught saga and they are technically both in it.
Old December 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, they've both been kicking around the Marvel Universe and occasionally sharing page space for years now. I think the change from Hank to Henry is actually a pretty elegant solution.
Old December 8th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, they've both been kicking around the Marvel Universe and occasionally sharing page space for years now. I think the change from Hank to Henry is actually a pretty elegant solution.
It's certainly elegant for this design, but bear in mind that there will probably be an increasing number of alternate reality characters being designed in the future, many of which won't have such an elegant option to call upon. I feel it may be a good idea to work out some way to work this type of thing into designs now so that, in the long run, it is no longer an issue, rather than tip toeing around it with a solution which, while more elegant right now, will provide no help for the design of such figures in the future and will arguably, in fact, provide a somewhat problematic precedent.
Btw, I once designed an Armoured Spider-Man, who I gave a new 'Alternate Reality' symbol that just meant he could be played with any other Peter Parker - just throwing the idea out there.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

We've had this conversation before, and the Heroes' stance was that Peter Parker is Ultimate Peter Parker is 1602 Peter Parker. Outside of cases like Beast/Dark Beast where the characters iconically co-inhabit the same reality, I don't think we're getting any kind of 'alternate reality' designation to let them co-mingle.

Cases where characters are prone to co-existing with other versions of themselves are few enough that they can mostly be sorted out on a case-by-case basis, I think. Kang's dealing with it one way, Dark Beast can do it slightly differently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy