Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 14th, 2017, 03:16 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's TMNT Customs

Here is a slightly adjusted card. In play testing he was pretty tough with his counter strike and the multi attack ability. But it was fun to mix in zombies and ghosts. It made for a fun and unusual thematic combination.

Old February 14th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Never heard of him before today.
Looks cool though.

Archie/TMNT?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:32 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Never heard of him before today.
Looks cool though.

Archie/TMNT?
Thanks for taking the time to look

This wiki is a great source of data on these characters. I had never heard of Khan either. I just researched him as I had the heroclix figure to work from. In fact, I am finding that I didn't know crap about these guys prior to this project.

I am starting to do bio cards to go behind the cards like Grish does. I will square cut the cards and put them in sleeves with the bios on the flip side.

The most challenging part is that different characters have radically different stories and interpretations depending on which comic series, movie or tv series your looking at.
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
In my research it appears that in the Archie Comic TMNT series he dealt in Black Magic to connect with and use Demons to his advantage. This is in fact how he become a dog mutant in the first place (I need to drop the mutagen icon). Is this back story different from what you know?
He really only deals with very minor demons he thinks he can control and mostly this was before his transformation. Then only real demon he dealt with was the one that mixed him and his pet into what he is here and since then he's not as much dealt with the demons. The only time I remember him trying after that was when he messed up and accidentally summoned the big one and he was sucked into the demons realm...never to be seen again.

If you insist on keeping it, I'd eliminate the Hero portion and limit it to squads only.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The most challenging part is that different characters have radically different stories and interpretations depending on which comic series, movie or tv series your looking at.
That has been the issue with every TMNT project. My advice is to stick with the source you most like and ignore the rest. If you like the 80-90's TV show...go for it. If you like the Archie Comic...go for it. Trying to do a single version that incorporates all cleanly will be difficult. For instance. C3G chose IDW version to start with.

For this reason I think it's great that there are several sets of these being developed. You can have different worlds this way. Me I lean toward the second TV series which is a mix of the original comic but brought down a touch. Not as far down as the original cartoon series but still child friendly.

The turtles in the TMNT animated movie are perfect but it's a small sample world.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Did you see the crossover between the two cartoon series? They even make a brief stop in the world of the original comic.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
That has been the issue with every TMNT project. My advice is to stick with the source you most like and ignore the rest. If you like the 90's TV show...go for it. If you like the Archie Comic...go for it. Trying to do a single version that incorporates all cleanly will be difficult. For instance. C3G chose IDW version to start with.

For this reason I think it's great that there are several sets of these being developed. You can have different worlds this way. Me I lean toward the second TV series which is a mix of the original comic but brought down a touch. Not as far down as the original cartoon series but still child friendly.

The turtles in the TMNT animated movie are perfect but it's a small sample world.
Generally speaking I go right to the 80's cartoon version as that is what I grew up on and know the best. However, many of the figures are from outside of this and so my set has really become a hodge podge. I both love and hate this. I don't like the inconsistency; but I love that I am building the set of TMNT figures I have and want to play with! My son and I are having a blast!

I will revisit the Demon bonding, it sounds like I went too far.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
He really only deals with very minor demons he thinks he can control and mostly this was before his transformation. Then only real demon he dealt with was the one that mixed him and his pet into what he is here and since then he's not as much dealt with the demons. The only time I remember him trying after that was when he messed up and accidentally summoned the big one and he was sucked into the demons realm...never to be seen again.

If you insist on keeping it, I'd eliminate the Hero portion and limit it to squads only.
Read up on this guy more last night and I agree, the demon bonding was out of character. It's hard to say how much to reduce his value based on this. I will try him out some tonight to see if 130 is about right. I dropped his defense by 1 as well.

Thanks again for the feedback and taking the time to look!
Old February 22nd, 2017, 04:46 PM

Here are some more drafts (I have started adding the text "draft" over the card so it is more obvious that these aren't final - just in case someone shows up and starts printing them)

Alopex

Next, I am getting started with the Krang clan figures.

Squirrelanoids

Irma
Playing with a 2 sided card here. We enjoyed getting to play her in two modes and it felt like it really was like a spy.

Side 1:

Side 2:

As always, really open to feedback. I really am unsure of the point costs.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:04 PM

Posted v1.1 of TMNT Customs PDF.

Update v1.1 includes:
- added Chien Khan
- added Zog
- added Triceratons
- added bio cards to go with every figure (assuming you store them in CD Sleeves and cut to squares.

I took inspiration from Grishnak and added bio cards for every figure. I am going to store all these in CD sleeves and I loved the idea of letting players read about some of these obscure figures and get to know them. I put them all together at the end so they could be printed on a cheaper black and white printer.
Old February 25th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really digging what you got here brother! Excited to see what you got for kraang, whenever he drops.
Old February 27th, 2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Really digging what you got here brother! Excited to see what you got for kraang, whenever he drops.
Thank you sir! I appreciate it. We have been playing with some variants and I hope to release them soon. Doing two actually, the Krang alone and the Krang in the body suit thing. After that it should be time to start refining and releasing the good guys, which there are a lot of! Not to mention the heroclix sets that just dropped.

Also, I have been working on a TMNT variant of my Level Scape (see signature). My son LOVES to level guys up and it is fun playing TMNT Heroscape in a campaign mode where he gets bigger and stronger and plays out a story.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations