Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM

ikkyu142 has disabled reputation
sorry missed that. well that makes all the difference in the world. belay my last comment.
Old November 26th, 2006, 02:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkyu142
sorry missed that. well that makes all the difference in the world. belay my last comment.
No problem. Should it say first round instead? Or I think it should say "first turn of the game" to be more clear. Anyway, that's what it does, only destroys one figure ever.

I still love it, though, because you can hit something like a Roman Archer and negate their Arrow Volley, and other things like that.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I guess I was never a big fan of the auto kill with no penalties, but it is just one figure once. Then you have a costly figure that will more than likely not be too hard to kill. Low life, really good stats. I am not sure how to rate her. I think the void power is worded appropriately.

Deadly insect, wow, I really do like the magic the gathering homage, I like it, big enough to sneak up on Q9 and get a good shot in. Probably very worth its points with camoflage. How will you work area effect abilities on it? If someone shoots dW9000 at a figure beside it and it is caught in the explosion, is it still affected?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
And yet one more! This is probably my favourite flavourtext:

EDIT: Fixing minor typo, image back up momentarily.
EDIT2: All better.

STEP ON IT!
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:23 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Angel of Despair
I think Duty to the Void is broken. Before the game has started you have crippled one of your opponent's unique squads without having to do anything. Grimnak at least has to get close to a squad fig to destroy it.

Deadly Insect
"camouflage"
Common heroes only get one life.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Chaos Child, is there some written rule that says common heroes have to have only one life? I know the ones in the game right now have only one but for customs, the sky is the limit, right?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:35 AM

If you have more than one common hero of the same type, which card do you put the wound marker on? If you play with only one card for commons and place a wound marker on that card, are all of your common heroes now wounded?

If you wish to differentiate them by marking the figure and card or calling them common hero 1 and common hero 2, you have just made them somewhat unique.

Old November 27th, 2006, 12:48 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
How will you work area effect abilities on it? If someone shoots dW9000 at a figure beside it and it is caught in the explosion, is it still affected?
Yes, he's still effected by grenades and such. He can't be attacked but he can still be wounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeno
STEP ON IT!
Zeeno = Utgar? 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Angel of Despair
I think Duty to the Void is broken. Before the game has started you have crippled one of your opponent's unique squads without having to do anything. Grimnak at least has to get close to a squad fig to destroy it.

Deadly Insect
"camouflage"
Yes, but Grimnak can Chomp multiple squad figures, and heroes to boot. And...ok, I didn't get allthe typos. :/

Quote:
If you have more than one common hero of the same type, which card do you put the wound marker on? If you play with only one card for commons and place a wound marker on that card, are all of your common heroes now wounded?

If you wish to differentiate them by marking the figure and card or calling them common hero 1 and common hero 2, you have just made them somewhat unique.
IMO, it's not that hard to differentiate before the game by putting a little marker on the fig's base and its army card. I do see where there is a rules conflict, but flavourfully, I think heros should have more than one life, and the minor annoyance of marking them before the game makes this acceptable.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Angel of Despair

Deadly Insect
"camouflage"
Yes, but Grimnak can Chomp multiple squad figures, and heroes to boot. And...ok, I didn't get allthe typos. :/
True but, you have to risk Grimnak getting destroyed to chomp those squads. Let's say you are playing against Angel of Despair and you have Zettian Guards(worst case scenario) or Krav or Tagawa Samurai. The Zettians would be near worthless and you haven't even started the game. The Krav (not as bad) have lost some of their power before you have started the game. The Tagawa you have to risk their lives to boost their power but, now you only have 2, again, before you have started the game. Playing with the angel, is the same as saying your opponent starts the game with less points than you.

Quote:
Quote:

IMO, it's not that hard to differentiate before the game by putting a little marker on the fig's base and its army card. I do see where there is a rules conflict, but flavourfully, I think heros should have more than one life, and the minor annoyance of marking them before the game makes this acceptable.
Like I said, you just made them unique. Its your custom and I see the thematic reasons for it but why not call it unique then?

Old November 27th, 2006, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Angel of Despair

Deadly Insect
"camouflage"
True but, you have to risk Grimnak getting destroyed to chomp those squads. Let's say you are playing against Angel of Despair and you have Zettian Guards(worst case scenario) or Krav or Tagawa Samurai. The Zettians would be near worthless and you haven't even started the game. The Krav (not as bad) have lost some of their power before you have started the game. The Tagawa you have to risk their lives to boost their power but, now you only have 2, again, before you have started the game. Playing with the angel, is the same as saying your opponent starts the game with less points than you.

Quote:
Quote:

Like I said, you just made them unique. Its your custom and I see the thematic reasons for it but why not call it unique then?
Ok, so what point cost would you suggest for the Angel?

And...because you can't have more than one unique? :teach:

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't suggest a point cost because the points you are stealing from your opponent could be anywhere from 10 to ?. What I'm suggesting is that the angel should have to get get into the battle to use an ability. It can be at a range (with a d20 roll) or adjacent ( if you want to keep the auto-kill).

True but they are fig with blue marker and fig with red marker or common hero 1 and common hero 2. By differentiating them, you make them unique. They are not the same anymore. Sgt. Drake is always Sgt. Drake. Deadly Insect with blue marker is not Deadly Insect with red marker.

I hope that was clear.

Old November 27th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't suggest a point cost because the points you are stealing from your opponent could be anywhere from 10 to ?. What I'm suggesting is that the angel should have to get get into the battle to use an ability. It can be at a range (with a d20 roll) or adjacent ( if you want to keep the auto-kill).

True but they are fig with blue marker and fig with red marker or common hero 1 and common hero 2. By differentiating them, you make them unique. They are not the same anymore. Sgt. Drake is always Sgt. Drake. Deadly Insect with blue marker is not Deadly Insect with red marker.

I hope that was clear.
It was clear, but you're still NEVER going to see a swarm of Drakes, while you might see a swarm of Deadly Insects. That is common, not unique. Yes, each one is "unique" in that it's marked differently than the others, but they all have EXACTLY the same gameplay stats as each other.

As for the Angel, there HAS to be an acceptable point cost. IMO, 130 isn't too far off, if at all. What's the most one squad fig would cost right now, 40? (one of the Nikita, 1/3 of 120) So if you take 40 points out of her cost, she's 90pts for a 5/1/5/5 flier with 3 life. That's OK, and that's best-case. Sounds fine to me.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards