Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 16th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: 3D Terrain Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I printed 2 of them yesterday in transparent PLA. Now I'm planning to play a TT +TttFF map in all it's icy glory.

I'll post pictures

Edit: the photos

Those came out awesome! I'm sure that's much better than my printer.
Old April 17th, 2016, 12:39 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

So when will you be printing more things? :P

Last edited by darius23__14; April 17th, 2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: I don't want Hasbro to shut down this site :D
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just glad to see the Dzu te getting some love, the bridges look awesome.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 17th, 2016, 12:30 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I printed the bridge with a Witbox 2, and can get the same results with my old Prusa i3 Hephestos but with a little more work.

As for orders, I'd like to take them, but sending things from Spain is too costly for everyone. What you could easily do is uploading the STL files to Shapeways without making them public (just in case) and print them in "frosted detail". The files may need some tweaking but the result will be close to perfect.
Old April 17th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would refrain from the selling discussion as it is the sort of thing could cause Hasbro to shut this site down.
Otherwise super cool stuff.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:07 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I would refrain from the selling discussion as it is the sort of thing could cause Hasbro to shut this site down.
Otherwise super cool stuff.
Maybe someone with more legal expertise could weigh in on the possibility of 3d printing terrain and figures and selling them either for cost or for a slight profit.

I have 12 Star Wars HoSS figures that are either expensive or hard to find or impossible to find that I'm willing to 3D print and sell to others for minimal profit--pretty much just to cover cost of material and machine printing time. Would that be an issue? Would it be an issue to 3D print the bridges for cost only?

Is it different from selling custom terrain? Or selling used figures on the site?
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:55 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am no expert but I believe the issue deals with the interlocking hex pieces.
That 'technology' is copy righted and cannot be reproduced for sale, again I am no expert.

This is why the recent kickstarter (HydroTile?) had a different method of 'connecting' to Heroscape tiles.

Do not quote me here but I believe something akin to how the Evergreen Trees works would be OK, but I would research that first(I think that is what the kickstarter went with).

EDIT: I would not go close to Star Wars stuff. (Or did Lucas sell all his rights? He came down hard on all bootleggers.)

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2016, 05:38 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

There's star wars material all over Thingiverse.com without any problems. I believe that as long as isn't done for profit, it could be Fair Use.

As for Hasbro, I strongly think that if they care about things being printed, they should take actions and make terrain available again.
Old April 17th, 2016, 06:03 PM

As long as it is not for profit you are good.
Lucas has supported fan films not for profit in the past.

Personally I would not create something Star Wars in nature and release it where it could be used by someone else for profit. To each his own.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2016, 09:16 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

WK is already extremely generous sharing the stl file. I think any trading, buying or selling of prints should be handled via pm or email only.
Old April 17th, 2016, 09:33 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

@Teazia those transparent blue ones look awesome! Do you have a link to the filament? I've got some Coworkers who have been printing some random stuff for me (mostly RC related) but would love to print up some Heroscape tiles like this. The bridge and the 1 hex look awesome like that. Also, if you ever make your way up closer to ATL and want to get some games in hit me up! I'm in Sandy Springs.
@White Knight do you plan on posting the .STL for your 7 hex? That would be a handy one to have printable I feel like
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
@White Knight do you plan on posting the .STL for your 7 hex? That would be a handy one to have printable I feel like
Next up will be the 5 hex road tile for the bridge. I pretty much have the displacement map textures sorted out for that one--I just need to finish it up.

After that, I'd like to add a standard Heroscape hex texture to the 1 hex I did. Should be pretty straightforward. Then I can do a 7 hex.

I'm just glad these files are getting use.

By the way, if anyone has special requests for tiles (with special interfaces or textures, for example), let me know. I'll see if I can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing. If anyone knows how to use Displacement Maps in Blender, I have a question that I just can't figure out. If I create a cube and put a texture on a surface, the texture only comes out correctly on the Z coordinate-faces of the cube. For the X and Y coordinate faces, it projects from the Z faces as a smear. If I rotate the cube and then add textures, it only works on the faces that WERE the Z coordinate faces. If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it.

I'm still not sure how I got the bridge wall to work correctly....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles