Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:12 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (VOTE FOR PUBLIC PLAYTESTING)

yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (VOTE FOR PUBLIC PLAYTESTING)

Yea
Old July 3rd, 2018, 04:55 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (PUBLIC PLAYTESTING)

This passes!
Old July 3rd, 2018, 04:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Anyone familiar with those iconic (if not very effective) Classic 'Theracus bomb' strategies? There was even a whole thread dedicated to them. I have a feeling that Angel + Bailey will likely have shades of that, and there's something that just feels right about those iconic strategies getting a C3G makeover.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 3rd, 2018, 05:08 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Angel and Bailey has potential but it seems like Shadowcat is a solid team up as well. Let the baddies come to you, then BAM. I really hope the design offers some new strategies.

While we wait on tests I was wondering if anyone from the art team has gotten a chance to look at the Comic images on the 1st page? If there is a picture that jumps out as useable let me know because I wanted to get an idea of the repaint for the mini. If we like an image of him in his X-Men uni then I’d like the mini to match, but if we thought the civi clothes looked fine then just a simple shirt repaint. @japes
Old July 17th, 2018, 02:43 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Anything special you'd like me to try for builds @L0B5T3R ? Going to be testing over the next few days. This is kind of a strange case since he is designed to run out and kill early on, so I might run 4 or 5 half-games instead of 2 full games. Thoughts on that approach?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 17th, 2018, 08:08 PM

I don’t think I have anything specific I need to see. Whatever you think is best in terms of finding his cost. If any others have an opinion please say. I really appreciate you running any tests!
Old July 17th, 2018, 09:54 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Bailey Hoskins

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Bailey Hoskins(50), Nightcrawler(KD)(230), Nightcrawler II(210), Angel(90), Professor X(220) (800)
vs.
Wrecking Crew(800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2 (rematch)
Units:
Bailey Hoskins(50), Nightcrawler(KD)(230), Nightcrawler II(210), Angel(90), Professor X(220) (800)
vs.
Wrecking Crew(800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Bailey Hoskins(50), Liz Sherman(180), Harley Quinn(130), Nightcrawler(KD)(230) (590)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Tigra(170), Shang-Chi(230) (590)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Bailey can be quite dangerous, but I think his low survivability keeps him in check as a nice risk/reward unit. Plus, he could roll low, thus negating his effectiveness, and there is a cap on how much he can do, as well as range and an OM reveal needed, which adds to the investment. He lost both games here, and may have lost the 1st I abandoned where he was insta-killed. However, all games felt competitive and he did well above his points in damage, so I feel 50 is fair here. I felt I was lucky in the 2 games where he managed to do max damage on the figures within range. That won't always be the case. Yet his potential is decent if he can pull it all off, so 50 is good. It's also worth noting that it's really the only reason to take him, so he needs to do at least 50 points in wounds to get that back. He'll make a nice filler unit when you have a 50 point gap to fill.
Old July 18th, 2018, 08:01 AM

Wow thanks a bunch for running that Arkham. I’m glad you think 50 is good.
Old July 19th, 2018, 07:39 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Bailey Hoskins AKA “The Bomb”

Army Test
Map: Vallum by Killometer.
Units: Bailey, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Phoenix (650) vs. Uncle Sam, Rocket Red x1, Kryptonian Soldier x1, and Bucky (650).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Vallum by Killometer.
Units: Bailey, Professor X, Nightcrawler (Darkholme), Psylocke, and Sunfire (1000) vs. Black Hand and Black Lantern x3 (1000).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Bailey is bound to come in weak in some cases. In game 1, he rolled particularly poor, but in game 2, 3 wounds really did matter. He’s just 50 points, and I think it feels right more him given the average is 4 skulls, and those wounds ignore defensive powers and point values. His 1 wound onto Uncle Sam is arguably worth his point value, though a weak showing, and taking out ½ and ¼ of uncommon 175 point Black Lanterns is quite a bit of points as well. He feels like an filler unit that gives you an early edge. If you’re 50 points short on an army, he’s great to round it out.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Bailey is a HUGE risk in game, and that’s the point. Not only can you roll poorly when using his power, he has to be within striking distance and in danger of near-instant death a turn before he goes in. That being said, he’s a whole ton of fun to play! It feels so good to run in and BLAMO!, and it’s quite funny when it fails dramatically.
Here you go! He is SO MUCH FUN! Really. An absolute blast to run in with (no pun intended). It's really difficult to guage, but I didn't feel like he was a complete dud or insane powerhouse at 50 points.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hmmm... part of me's starting to wonder if this whole 'early game bomb' direction for him is even thematic. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fun, but from what little I've heard about this guy's arc I'm not sure 'willing suicide bomber' is as thematic as 'willing to sacrifice himself in extremis' would be.

Hate to put a damper on things so late on guys, but it's just occurred to me that the design fits the powers rather than the character.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; July 20th, 2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The problem is that the longer you wait the higher the chance he gets destroyed before you get to use him and also there are fewer targets and they are most likely more spread out. To have any chance of getting a good explosion you have to use him early.

Nice tests Arkham and Scape.

Pre-Yea for Final Editing at 50.

Nice work Lobs. This one was a grind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library