Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 4th, 2016, 02:18 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Making the RotV figures into Planeswalker heroes and squ

Looking through the Red and Green spells, there are currently only 7 spell cards that might be played that would potentially impact when activating Mimring. The others either have an opponent as a target or target the owning player's PW or Squad.

RED
Senseless Rage Enchant UNQ Hero or Squad. Once per turn, you may re-roll all attack dice for enchanted hero creature or a creature in enchanted squad after seeing the defending player's roll.

Rush of Adrenaline Move a creature you control up to 4 spaces, then deal 1 damage to it.

Dual Casting Play a red sorcery from your graveyard that you played this turn.

GREEN
Skyreaping Choose a green creature you control. Deal 1 damage to all creatures with flying that are adjacent that creature and draw a card.

Titanic Growth A creature you control within 6 clear sight spaces of a green Planeswalker you control gets +3 (Power) until end of turn.

Rabid Bite A creature you control fights target adjacent creature an opponent controls.

Earthen Arms Remove up to 2 damage markers from a friendly hero creature. It gets +2 (Power) until end of turn.

So looking at how these might affect Mimring, here is what I see.

Senseless Rage could cause a rules problem since multiple figures would roll defense dice.

Rush of Adrenaline could be used to re-position Mimring before selecting his card to get a better firing line

No difference with Dual Casting except that the two cards I mentioned can be brought back.

Skyreaping could affect more creatures but AotP currently has such a small number of fliers that it is not probable that Mimring would ever get surrounded by fliers.

Titanic Growth would add 3 Power. This would give Mimring 7 attack against multiple figures.

Rabid Bite could target Mimring but would not allow him to use fire line.

Earthen Arms would add +2 Power. This would give Mimring 6 attack against multiple figures.

If Mimring is RED, then we need to explain how Senseless Rage would work.

If Mimring is GREEN, Titanic Growth and Earthen Arms would give him quite a boost - for one turn.
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good job going through those! I wonder if it might be more AotP-like for Mimring to attack each figure separately in the fire line. Like this:

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight.
Nice thing about that is it simplifies the text even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:39 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I agree, this would improve clarity. I double posted, and don't know if you saw my previous thought on melee attack vs ranged attack choice.

When Mimring attacks, you may choose a regular melee attack, or you may ...

It probably isn't needed, but if there is room on the card, it might avoid questions.

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight.
There are some card templates over on the Arena of the Planeswalkers board. I'll see if I can do a mock-up in a bit.
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I did see that and that's why I changed the wording to "if you do" in order to differentiate a fire line attack from a normal melee attack.

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:50 PM

Got it - thanks!
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Good job going through those! I wonder if it might be more AotP-like for Mimring to attack each figure separately in the fire line. Like this:

Quote:
FIRE LINE
Nice thing about that is it simplifies the text even more.
If we are making modifications, I could actually see "fixing" Mimring to have a normal Range attack. How much modification do you want?

Probably not an issue to attack each figure separately as, on average, you are probably only catching 2-3 figures in the Fire Line (and not all 8 ). Are you using Mimring's normal Attack of 5 becoming 5 Power? so Fire Line rolls 5 dice? or adjusting Power to 4?

If Power = 4 (mostly for Fire Line), you could add something that gave Mimring +1 Power when attacking an adjacent figure.

What are traditionally Special Attacks being boosted by Enchantments and Spells and Glyphs can be interesting. What you (we) decide her could set a precedent for other units.

As for multi-colored creatures .. I think we should stick with mono-color. The Planeswalkers being dual-color is fine but I think creatures should be solid color.
Old August 4th, 2016, 03:07 PM

Mimring has 4 Attack in Heroscape and the Fire Line also has 4 attack but I do like giving him more Power when he doesn't use Fire Line. We could just set his Power at 6 and change Fire Line like so:

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight with -2P this turn.
(P=the crossed-swords Power symbol)

Also, I'm fine with making Mimring red and tabling the multi-color creature discussion for now.

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 03:09 PM

Mimring's base attack is 4, his life is 5.

I agree to mono-color, but I think it could be possible to make Mimring summon-able by more than one color - a subset of the Eldrazi Ruiner who is summon-able by any color. It could be as simple as providing both a red and a green card.
Old August 4th, 2016, 03:31 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Mimring's base attack is 4, his life is 5.

I agree to mono-color, but I think it could be possible to make Mimring summon-able by more than one color - a subset of the Eldrazi Ruiner who is summon-able by any color. It could be as simple as providing both a red and a green card.
Ha! I was thinking of Moltenclaw : (

On the Red/Green .. what about something like

GREAT WYRM
You may include Mimring in an Army with a green planeswalker. Before summoning Mimring, a green planeswalker you control must place one spell card from their hand on the bottom of their library.

Though I think a single color is best to focus on for our early conversions/play-tests.
Old August 4th, 2016, 03:45 PM

This might be a sample card - if it works. The image may be too small.

Old August 4th, 2016, 03:56 PM

Cool! What did you think of raising his Power to 6 and making Fire Line -2?

Also, we could use this picture:

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; August 4th, 2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 04:09 PM

If he is a RED Hero, I think it would be OK to make the power change to 6 and -2. If he was GREEN, then with the right spell cards he would be 8 or 9 Melee and still be 6 or 7 range. That might be OK, or it might hit too hard.

thanks for the better pic!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender