Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 8th, 2014, 07:31 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Bloodlines

Alright everyone this is my new story of. Took some time but I like to you know that I had help on the way. Proofreading was done by 'The Grim Reapers Friend' and he helped me out significantly. So, without any further ado, here is my new story.

Bloodlines

Prologue...

From the words of Thorum's journal
It's been many months since the fateful day. Every general, soldier, monster, machine, and warrior were presented in that great battle; and one that would have decided the fate of the war. The alliance had come together to push back an onslaught from Utgar's forces. The battle seemed to be against our favor and we managed to hold out until reinforcements from Einar arrived. However, what Utgar and the Alliance didn't expect, for they never thought it would be possible, was a force that would consume them all. Valkrill arrived and sought the destruction of all his enemies. His black orcs and fel demons swept across the battlefield and attacked all sides, causing much chaos in their wake. In a desperate move to counter the unrelenting horde, Sgt. Drake Alexander and Grimnak the blue grut warriors, fought side by side against Valkrill's horde. Both sides, working together- it was something that was unheard of, and no one thought that it would last. But, despite all odds, it did. Both Drake and Grimnak manage to hold together and defeat Valkrill's force and end the terrible battle.

With both sides sustaining losses and the alliance fractured, it will take time to heal and regroup from such a battle. But as I lay awake in this late hour I can't help but wonder what is happening within Utgar's ranks. Who else might have a change of heart? Who else would be willing to work, putting aside their differences, to come together, for the greater good? These questions will be answered for another time, however, for there are more pressing matters that I must write of.

It's been nearly five months since that great battle and much has happened during that time. Vydar no longer wishes to be a part of the alliance and has separated himself from the cause. The other generals believe that Valkrill is behind this and are trying to convince Vydar to return to the cause. Other than this development everything else on the battlefield has been very quiet. There has been no serious activity within Utgar's lands He is most likely recuperating the losses he has sustained, but something else is amiss. Utgar has not sent any large armies our way or to Einar's lands. It unsettles me that he has not made a move since then. I greatly fear that a new force is being brought forth but no confirmed reports have been made. Jandar has sent extra patrols along his borders to keep an eye on any incursions. Sgt. Drake Alexander is also part of the patrols, heading into the northwest province of Nastralund. His route leads him near an old chapel, which is dangerously close to where Utgar has his patrols. I pray for his safety and hope that the beasts of the wilds will not bring him harm.

Northwest province, chapel grounds...

This part of the land had known peace for so many years. Even in the beginning the land was unscathed and was well protected. The people residing here are mostly farmers. However, they are hard workers, and they produce the largest crops for all of Nastralund. Facing no serious threat from the war, the villagers believed that the war would never come to them. However, not all things last forever, and on this cool moonlit night, right in front of the chapel, Drake and his men would be in the fight of their lives.

"The undead are advancing!" One of the airborne called out as he fired his machine gun against two undead skeletons. The creatures quickly fell from the hail of bullets.

"Stay together guys! Don't let them get close!" Sgt. Drake yelled out as he pulled his pistol and shot point blank into a zombie. As the creature went down Drake looked to face the next opponent. He stopped to watch as more of the undead kept coming from the nearby forest. Drake's eyes widened as more of the undead marching towards them, their numbers never seemed to dwindle. As he fired his pistol at the next target he kept remembering the day's events. His patrol consisted of over fifty airborne: top men that had tasted their fair share of the war, and those that he trusted the most. When on patrol the villagers had told them of some disturbance at the chapel. Sgt. Drake, his men, and a small handful of Kyrie volunteers, went to the chapel and found something very wrong. The graves from the nearby cemetery have been disturbed and the caskets undone. The volunteers were frightened but Drake told everyone to search the grounds and to stick together. Only moments after he gave the order a cry made everyone jump with fright. They all turned and one of the volunteers was attacked from behind by an undead skeleton, its teeth sinking deep into the kyrie's neck. After that everything went downhill with undead appearing out of the forest and attacking them. Fear has gripped the hearts of the volunteers. The sight of their friend being torn apart, something that they had never witnessed before; the sheer brutality that the enemy would bring upon them, made them cower in fear. Soon many began running, hoping to outrun the undead. This delighted the undead, however, and they continued to press forward and chase them down. Drake and his men held the line against the undead horde but they were all running low on ammo.

"Everyone pull back to the chapel!" Drake yelled as he slowly moved backwards toward the chapel doors. The men complied and slowly backed themselves toward the chapel, continuing to fire at the advancing undead.

"Drake! The villagers are distraught! We got to get them out of here."

Drake turned to his right and saw one of his men, with a thick mustache, wielding a shotgun.

"Mullen! Get the villagers into the chapel! We got to keep them alive!" Sgt. Drake yelled while grabbing his sword and lopping off the head of another zombie. The body soon crumbled to the ground before Drake turned and sliced a skeleton clean in half.

"With pleasure!" Mullen yelled back while firing his shotgun into a zombie, blowing its head clean off.

As the fighting continued, unbeknownst to Drake and his men, a force was rapidly moving within the forest, heading in the direction of the fighting. The figures moved fast, faster than horses on the plains. Their claws went deep into the dirt as they moved, propelling them forward. Their hind legs pressed deeply into the ground. When they kicked the ground with each step they brought up dirt into the air with them, making them surge forward to reach their target. At the lead one lone figure moved forward to a tree and climbed up. Once at the top the figure bounded from one tree branch to the other, traveling much faster above the ground. After several minutes the figure stopped at the last tree, overlooking the battle below. The figure was joined by the others, both in the trees and down below. High in the sky the clouds overhead began to part, revealing the full moon. The moon's light began to come forth and reveal them to the others' presence. The lead figure smiled and howled to the night sky, making all the combatants turn to the forest. The wolves had come.

"Everyone into the chapel! Now!" Drake yelled as the men ran for the chapel doors. The wolves descended from the forest and charged into battle. Blood would be spilled this night.

Nearly twenty years ago...

Planet Feylund, 7th age...

A sharp cry pierced the night sky within the great forest. It came from a large den, resided near a cliff of a mountain, with many wolves guarding the entrance. Another sharp cry pierced the night air and the wolves continued to wait in silence. Cries like this were not uncommon but were something that many of the older wolves knew by heart. Their Alpha, their leader, was giving birth. Deep inside the den the Alpha was crying as new life was brought forth. She was settled onto a large pile of hay and leaves, making a makeshift bed. Next to her were several female wolves, tending and helping her through the birth. One held the Alpha's paw while another kept some water nearby to help her leader. A third was near her legs, guiding her leader as she prepared to receive the newborn child. Another cry escaped the Alpha and the pain agonized her to her very core. After the cry her head fell to the ground, her body out of energy to spend, sweat pouring down her face.

"Very good Alpha. You're doing good." The wolf holding her paw spoke as she tried to comfort her. The other quickly dampened the alpha's head and removed some of the sweat that was on her brow.

"I can see the head. You have to give one more push." The last wolf spoke and was nodding her head to the others to be prepared.

"It hurts! It hurts!" The Alpha cried and tears welled up in her eyes. This was, after all, her first child.

"I know it hurts Alpha. But just one more push and it will all be over."

Breathing in deeply the Alpha began to push. She could hardly take it as she struggled to breathe out. Then, at once, she cried with all her might before collapsing to the ground once more.

"There, there. It is done." the wolf said as she held the child in her arms. The other wolves looked at their Alpha and were pleased with her, showing her compassion and comfort. Her chest rose up and down, gulping air that became more hoarser with each breath. As the wolf held the child, and after cutting the cord, she smiled and turned to her Alpha.

"It is a girl, Alpha. A girl." She smiled while looking down at the newborn child. The Alpha's breathing soon returned to normal but something was amiss within the room. The wolf holding the newborn was not smiling as she looked at the child before turning to the others. They too showed concern and gave worried looks to one another.

"What is wrong?" The Alpha spoke as her head remained on the bed. "Why isn't she crying?

"Get out of my path! I need to see her! I need to see her!"

A voice yelled out from outside the den and the wolves turned to see another wolf enter inside. He wore small parts of armor along his chest, which has some blood upon it. The wolves lowered their heads as he moved forward.

"Oh my love! Forgive me!" The wolf spoke fast as he came to his wife's side, concern etched in his face for his love.

"I was out hunting with the others when I heard the news. Did I miss it? Am I too late?"

The wolf turned his head to the female who carried his newborn. He froze for a moment as he saw his own child, his firstborn. The child was silent and he could only stare at the new life before him.

"Give her here." The wolf leader spoke and the wolf handed the child over before bowing her head and giving them space. The other two did as well as the wolf leader held the child within his hands. The Alpha raised her head and looked to her beloved.

"Khosumet?" She said while he remained staring at his child.

"Shh, my love. It will be all right." the Darklord said as he brought the child closer to him. He looked at his child, his little one, her eyes closed tightly. She was covered in short brown fur and had small tiny ears and a tiny little muzzle that made him smile as he looked at her. He then closed his eyes before speaking softly to her.

"You are the daughter of a great pack. You are blessed under the great moon goddess, who shines brightly this night. You are a fighter little one. So fight. Fight." As he spoke the three other wolves lowered their heads and closed their eyes. Soft prayers passed from them as their lord remained where he was. A moment passed and nothing happened. They feared the worst until a tiny movement came from the child. A small paw lifted up into the air. A second later the child opened its mouth and cried, its first. The cry filled the room, outside the other wolves perked their heads as they heard the child cries. Khosumet smiled at his newborn and lowered his head to her.

"Listen. Listen to her. A fine set of lungs. She is perfect my love," the Darklord said as he lowered himself down next to his wife, who also was shedding tears of joy. She raised a hand and placed it onto her child. The two held there for a moment as the other wolves exited the den to spread the good news.

"What should we call her my love?" the Alpha said as she continued to hold her child with her beloved. He smiled and he lowered his head and gently rubbed it against hers.

"Rain. Her name shall be Rain."

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:15 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bloodlines

Looking good. Apparently I didn't do a very good job proofreading, I'll have to double-check myself next time. (Note to self: Do not proofread at 10:00 PM)
You're prologue has me wondering. It seems that Khosumet has joined the battle against Drake, being for Utgar and all, but could we perhaps be wrong? Only time (and Bro-man) will tell.
~TGRF.
Old July 13th, 2014, 02:14 AM

Alright here is the new chapter guys I hope you enjoy. Again proofreading was done by TGRF. Without his help I'm not sure where this story will go.

Chapter 1

The Troubling news
Spoiler Alert!

in the

Last edited by Bro-man; July 13th, 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Made a few fixes
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And so the quest begins. It seems kind of strange that Jake wouldn't recognize Sonlen... I mean, how many guys walk around with dragons on their shoulders?
But at any event, I look forward to some action!
~TGRF.
P.S. You seem to be missing some of the corrections. I'll see if I can't make it so that you can just copy and paste the corrected version.
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
And so the quest begins. It seems kind of strange that Jake wouldn't recognize Sonlen... I mean, how many guys walk around with dragons on their shoulders?
But at any event, I look forward to some action!
~TGRF.
P.S. You seem to be missing some of the corrections. I'll see if I can't make it so that you can just copy and paste the corrected version.
I followed on all of the corrections you gave. Would you like to point out what I missed?

in the
Old July 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM

I can't run through the whole thing right now, but an example would be:
Quote:
Going over the next sheet of paper he was interrupted when a sentinel runs through the door and stopped in front of his leader, breathing heavily and trying to catch his breath. Jandar was always prepared for these messengers. It was not uncommon for at least five to ten messengers 'to' come in to give reports or tell of a small disturbance in a local village. On some occasions villagers would even meet with him and have an open court to settle disputes between parties. If one felt wronged then they would seek judgement from their leader and he would have the final say.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. I'll make the next chapters so that you won't have to edit in the changes yourself.
~TGRF.
Old July 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I can't run through the whole thing right now, but an example would be:
Quote:
Going over the next sheet of paper he was interrupted when a sentinel runs through the door and stopped in front of his leader, breathing heavily and trying to catch his breath. Jandar was always prepared for these messengers. It was not uncommon for at least five to ten messengers 'to' come in to give reports or tell of a small disturbance in a local village. On some occasions villagers would even meet with him and have an open court to settle disputes between parties. If one felt wronged then they would seek judgement from their leader and he would have the final say.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. I'll make the next chapters so that you won't have to edit in the changes yourself.
~TGRF.
Thank you so much for that.

in the
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:21 AM

Alright everyone here is the new part! Credit again goes to TGRF for amazing proofreading. Here is the next part and I hope you all enjoy!

Chapter Two

The Search

Spoiler Alert!

in the
Old July 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM

Yep, something is definitely up with these wolves. Knocking people out instead of just slitting their throat? Hmm...
Another well written chapter, Bro-man. I was thinking the abandoned village made a good scene for a zombie apocalypse.
~TGRF.
Old July 26th, 2014, 01:05 AM

Alright here is the new chapter. Enjoy! Proofreading credit goes to TGRF.

Chapter Three

Capture

Spoiler Alert!

in the

Last edited by Bro-man; July 26th, 2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Just a minor touch up
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:08 AM

Jake continues in his determination to mess up prelaid plans...
~TGRF.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 08:17 PM

Alright everyone! Here is the next chapter. Proofreading finished by TGRF. Enjoy!

Chapter Four

Instincts

Spoiler Alert!

in the

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction