Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2019, 12:22 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Workshop

I'm cool with that. Just spitballing what it could look like.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 01:01 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly I might propose just doing an exact copy of the SHIELD Agents. I know it’s a bit different than SOP, but I think thematically it makes sense for these guys.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

SHIELD Agents are a good bread-and-butter unit and I'd be cool with the HAMMER Agents just essentially being them with a twist at a different price point. They'd still see a lot of table time.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Dropping a point of range, defence and Tactical Cover Fire (which often ends up being more useful than Killbox - Killbox can be a bastard to set up) makes them quite a bit weaker - 90 Points wouldn't surprise me. I never personally felt the need to see Killbox reused, but if it makes them work well with Norman and makes them clearly tied to S.H.I.E.L.D., then it works for me.
What about giving them Adaptive Camouflage for the third power? It's clearly S.H.I.E.L.D. related but not on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents themselves, adding a bit of differentiation, and makes them even more reliant on positioning, which Norm can help with. Would push their price point closer to S.H.I.E.L.D. though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 22nd, 2019, 12:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

This would be how I would do Wolverine. I do like what you all came up with. I did alter a couple of things. I reworded the defense subtraction to mirror Adamantium Claws and added on a double attack clause as I felt that was needed. Then I lowered his life by 1 and upped his defense and movement by 1 each as he is both less durable and more nimble than his father due to his lack of Adamantium.
Quote:

NAME = WOLVERINE
SECRET IDENTITY = AKAHIRO

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = DECEITFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

ANTAGONIZING PHEREMONES
All figures that are within 4 clear sight spaces of Wolverine and have fewer than X unrevealed Order Markers on their cards add 1 to their Attack number when attacking an adjacent figure and subtract 1 from their Defense number when defending against an adjacent figure. X is the number of unrevealed Order Markers on this card.

MURAMASA CLAWS
Figures subtract 1 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine with an adjacent normal attack. If the defending figure received at least one wound and has the Healing Factor or Healing Factor X special power, it receives one additional wound. When Wolverine attacks, he may attack one additional time.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, if you reveal your X Order Marker on any Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power, remove one wound from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Last edited by Karat; September 22nd, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 12:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks solid to me. Maybe change the first power’s name to get Pheromone in there somehow? Pheromone Antagonism? Or even just calling it Pushing Buttons could be cool too.
Old September 24th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
NAME = MS. MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = KARLA SOFEN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TREACHEROUS LIEUTENANT
At the start of the game, choose another Charlatan, Leader, or Mastermind you control. If your chosen figure is in clear sight of Ms. Marvel and you;
  • won initiative this round, after revealing an Order Marker on your chosen Hero’s Army Card and before taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Ms. Marvel. If you do, your chosen Hero may not move during their turn.
  • lost initiative this round, your chosen Hero subtracts 1 from its Defense number.

DISTRACTING LIGHT
If there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, opponents' figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special powers are not affected by this special power.

REACTIONARY PHASING
If Ms. Marvel is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die, adding 6 to your roll if the attacking figure is not adjacent to Ms. Marvel. If you roll 12 or higher, Ms. Marvel takes no damage.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
@Ronin How do you feel about this?

Kind of an echo of Carol’s leadership power. If you win initiative, you get some of the best OM efficiency in the game (Karla, then Iron Patriot/Red Skull, then a Master Motivator turn is crazy) Charlatans, Leaders, and Masterminds will hopefully keep it a bit limited.

The worst combo I can think of is Business Lex, who can combo a turn with Karla, then a turn with a Kryptonian, then attack himself, all in one turn. Even worse, Criminal Deception makes it so he doesn’t really care about losing Defense dice.

I’m hoping the fact you only get the good effect 50% of the time (or have to pay for initiative boosters) will keep it a little balanced, but idk.
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

50% if there are no Initiative boosters.
4 Life seems low is there a story there?
I like the mechanic for TL.
Always looking for a good treachery power for my Blackblood design.
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Just A Head

I should probably clarify (unless it wasn’t clear) that this is Ro’s design, not mine. I’m just tinkering with the stuff in red.

Meteorite has 4 life, so makes sense to match it here.
Old September 24th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I should probably clarify (unless it wasn’t clear) that this is Ro’s design, not mine. I’m just tinkering with the stuff in red.

Meteorite has 4 life, so makes sense to match it here.
That still feels bloody weird when you call Ronin that....

~Rowan Drake, signing off.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ro Ro your Ronin, gently down the stream ... merrily merrily merrily merrily dominate your dynasty ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
NAME = MS. MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = KARLA SOFEN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TREACHEROUS LIEUTENANT
At the start of the game, choose another Charlatan, Leader, or Mastermind you control. If your chosen figure is in clear sight of Ms. Marvel and you;
  • won initiative this round, after revealing an Order Marker on your chosen Hero’s Army Card and before taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Ms. Marvel. If you do, your chosen Hero may not move during their turn.
  • lost initiative this round, your chosen Hero subtracts 1 from its Defense number.

DISTRACTING LIGHT
If there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, opponents' figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special powers are not affected by this special power.

REACTIONARY PHASING
If Ms. Marvel is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die, adding 6 to your roll if the attacking figure is not adjacent to Ms. Marvel. If you roll 12 or higher, Ms. Marvel takes no damage.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
@Ronin How do you feel about this?

Kind of an echo of Carol’s leadership power. If you win initiative, you get some of the best OM efficiency in the game (Karla, then Iron Patriot/Red Skull, then a Master Motivator turn is crazy) Charlatans, Leaders, and Masterminds will hopefully keep it a bit limited.

The worst combo I can think of is Business Lex, who can combo a turn with Karla, then a turn with a Kryptonian, then attack himself, all in one turn. Even worse, Criminal Deception makes it so he doesn’t really care about losing Defense dice.

I’m hoping the fact you only get the good effect 50% of the time (or have to pay for initiative boosters) will keep it a little balanced, but idk.
I'm not sure about Masterminds.... I assume that's in there as a hook for a future plainclothes Norman? Like you're highlighting there, though, I think it opens up a lot of combos that have potential to push the price.

Echoing Carol is cool, but I'm not sure if it totally suits her style. I think the essential theme to capture (and not saying the original write-up totally nails this) is that she's a nasty schemer that gets brought in to manipulate the ground troops and keep them in line... but she's also upward managing and manipulating the mastermind that brought her in.

I think whatever her benefit is needs to be a more passive "managing a bunch of psychos" kind of thing and not a straight-up bonding power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy