Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Marvel Studios Upcoming Theatrical Releases

SPOILER ALERT: If you somehow haven't yet seen The Avengers or some of the other Marvel Studios flicks, there may well be discussion of the overall plot.

So, ever since The Avengers came out, my game night has been dominated with discussion of the storyline and speculation or what's to come. I know Iron Man 3 in already in production, and the Captain America and Thor sequels are soon to follow. So, just for fun, I'm asking the community what they're expecting/hoping for in the next round of Marvel Studios releases.

My personal belief is that there is no going back (now that The Avengers has taken place). I can't see Tony Stark fighting another Iron Monger or Whiplash after having faced down a chitauri army; that is, he (and all of the other heroes) is part of a larger world now, so shouldn't the content of his story be as well?

My hope is that Mark Ruffalo has a spot in the third Iron Man flick...maybe even prompting the construction of the Hulk-buster armor! So there's (a bit of) mine; what have you, the oh-so-creative masses, to say?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; May 30th, 2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spoiler alert
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Marvel Studios Upcoming Theatrical Releases

Do you mean other than The Wolverine which is due out next year..or Deadpool which may also come out next year?
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Do you mean other than The Wolverine which is due out next year..or Deadpool which may also come out next year?
Well, I was unaware that the next Wolverine was "for sure", but given overall quality of the origin movie, I might have mentally blocked it out. As far as I know, the Deadpool movie had been indefinitely stalled.

Specifically, I'm asking about the existing continuity of Marvel Studios' current films (Cap, Thor, Hulk, Avengers) and what folks expect/would like to see in a continuation of the story.

EDIT: When does Marvel regain the movie rights to X-Men properties, anyway?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old May 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I doubt he'll need the Hulkbuster armor to fight this guy.
Old May 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Oh, wow, nice catch! Dark Avengers, huh. IIRC, isn't Norman Osborn supposed to be in that armor?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old May 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Oh, wow, nice catch! Dark Avengers, huh. IIRC, isn't Norman Osborn supposed to be in that armor?
I imagine they are mixing it up a bit because Norman is tied to the previous Spider-Man movies. Not sure if Marvel Studios has the rights to him right now. But yes that's usually who is in the Iron Patriot armor.
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

If you read the description for the pictures, you find out it's not Osborne, but instead Eric Savin. I'm assuming he'll be a minor villain that the main guy will use to try to "replace" Iron Man.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:41 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Remember that Iron Man-inspired sports car that Stark and Banner rode off with in the end of The Avengers? My only wish now is that it'll play a bigger part in Iron Man 3.
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM

So, maybe this signals the return of Justin Hammer, leading into Armor Wars? Stark facing down a throng of villains wearing his own designs sounds sweet.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
So, maybe this signals the return of Justin Hammer, leading into Armor Wars? Stark facing down a throng of villains wearing his own designs sounds sweet.
However this is supposed to be the last Iron Man with Tony Stark
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
However this is supposed to be the last Iron Man with Tony Stark
?

Did you mean Robert Downey Jr?

While Downey has said in many interviews that he has no problem with continuing to portray the character, I could understand capping the character's franchise at three films and having Downey come back for more Avengers. Worse things could happen.

On to a different train of thought! I can't get enough of Tom Hiddleston as Loki; the guy plays the part better than I imagined anyone could. It's a no-brainer that he'll be in the Thor sequel as a baddie, but who else could fit the bill? Before The Avengers, I would have said Thanos in a heartbeat, but now it seems more likely that he'll be in that franchise's sequel(s). Maybe Surtur instead?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old May 31st, 2012, 01:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I believe his post was in reference to the independent productions done by Marvel Studios, not those Marvel titles licensed out to other companies. It is better described as the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As far as future films goes: (cut and pasted from other sites)

Spoiler Alert!

My thoughts:

I think another Hulk movie will get made now after all the positive feelings surrounding the character via Avengers, plus the actor is under contract for multiple films. They were not initially planning on doing any more Hulk films though due to lack luster ticket sales previously. I'd like to Bruce Banner appear in the Iron Man 3 movie since it the two of them took off together at the end of Avengers and Tony offered him a place/lab at Stark Tower earlier in the movie. I'm not sure if he will Hulk out in that film though. So I suspect we will see the Hulk next in Avengers 2, as it is making too much money to leave on the back burner for long. Then maybe we see a Hulk movie after Avengers 2 takes place, in which I would be pretty excited about the possibilities of a World War Hulk story line since it would be odd for him to have a solo Earth bound adventure after being part of the Avengers Team. There has also been talk that Marvel wants to do a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, which could lead into a Hulk traveling the universe story line.

If/when Ant-Man gets made it needs to include the Wasp. I think this will get done prior to Avengers 2 so that they can join the team in that movie. That way they can continue to have the team evolve with new members joining and others not returning (when the actors contracts expire). It would allow them to keep the Avengers franchise going for 5-6 films over the next 20 years.

Would really like to see AIM or Hydra in Captain America 2. Hawkeye makes a passing reference to these groups early in the Avengers movie so I think it is in the plans. Not sure if Winter Soldier would ever appear though as someone told me that he does not exist in the Ultimate's comic story line from which the black Nic Fury is taken. I'm not a comic book expect though so that could be wrong, plus the movies could just do it's own thing.

I read about some speculation concerning a Black Widow stand alone movie. I think if it gets done that it would be more of a spy movie set in the marvel universe then a true super hero movie. Hopefully Hawkeye would get to be in that movie too so they can flesh out his character on film a bit more. Maybe a prequel movie about them too in Budapest since it was brought up in the Avengers film.

Last edited by Yodaking; May 31st, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies