Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old August 8th, 2019, 03:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2019 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
There is at least one player that doesn't come to GenCon and should be in the conversation for "top player" based on their skill level.
I could care less about who is "Top Gun" for a particular year, but I understand and respect if that is important to you. I just play for fun.

Gen Con has always been the de facto World Championship. Its where the men are separated from the boys. If this unknown player is as good as you say he or she is then well they should start planning for 2020. July 30-August 2, 2020
I believe caps is referring to @kevindola . I'm already planning on crowdfunding an effort to kidnap him and bring him to Gencon next year.

Last edited by dok; August 8th, 2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: He lives in Peoria FFS!
Old August 8th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
There is at least one player that doesn't come to GenCon and should be in the conversation for "top player" based on their skill level.
I could care less about who is "Top Gun" for a particular year, but I understand and respect if that is important to you. I just play for fun.

Gen Con has always been the de facto World Championship. Its where the men are separated from the boys. If this unknown player is as good as you say he or she is then well they should start planning for 2020. July 30-August 2, 2020
I believe caps is referring to @kevindola . I'm already planning on crowdfunding an effort to kidnap him and bring him to Gencon next year.
Lol, seriously though...I would love to meet and play Kevindola in person (as I'm sure many would), and what better venue than GenCon.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 8th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am in on that.
Annoying him in the CoN is one thing but being able to annoy him in real life would be really satisfying.
Old August 8th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I figured he was just talking about me 4 times.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 8th, 2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: I mean seriously, who can beat me?
Old August 8th, 2019, 05:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct. Matthias knocked me out of Day 2 in the first round. I would say he is a top 4 player. Two of the others would be dok and kevindola. Not sure who the fourth would be--there are quite a few other good players in the online scene. And of course we have a lot of great competition at GenCon in person.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Wait, are we debating whether I'm one of the top 4 players in the world?
I'm debating nothing.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 9th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This debate is kind of silly, and (IMHO) kind of disrespectful to the two people who actually played for the Main Event championship.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nobody is questioning the skill of IS or vegie, and I strongly doubt either of them feel disrespected by this discussion.
Old August 9th, 2019, 11:40 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Among the very best players, I suggest that the play rises to the level of art, and who is “best” is a purely subjective issue.

Old August 9th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Nobody is questioning the skill of IS or vegie, and I strongly doubt either of them feel disrespected by this discussion.
Nah, Nathan’s a scrub.

Last edited by OEAO; August 9th, 2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Something, something, there’s dice so clearly player skill doesn’t matter...
Old August 9th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I do think IS was playing the best Heroscape of anyone at Gencon last weekend. He didn't lose a game and won some really tough ones (pulled out an incredible win vs. Dysole with a single Nakita vs 7 squad figures starting in his own startzone, beat Matthias Spiders vs Heavies).

Top 4 is a bit silly of a way to think about it given Heroscape's strange cultural state as a discontinued game that we get together to play. But also no one was really thinking about Heroscape skill that way. Caps was mostly just complaining that he was matched against Heroscape celebrities in Day 2 who are always tough to beat
Old August 9th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I do think IS was playing the best Heroscape of anyone at Gencon last weekend. He didn't lose a game and won some really tough ones (pulled out an incredible win vs. Dysole with a single Nakita vs 7 squad figures starting in his own startzone, beat Matthias Spiders vs Heavies).

Top 4 is a bit silly of a way to think about it given Heroscape's strange cultural state as a discontinued game that we get together to play. But also no one was really thinking about Heroscape skill that way. Caps was mostly just complaining that he was matched against Heroscape celebrities in Day 2 who are always tough to beat
Well, he had the matchup vs Ken. Spiders and Wyverns destroy the splash armies we create, because the whole point of splash armies is a gradual positioning game with different pieces. Spiders are actually a really hard counter for those armies (Ken had told me that he was running them and I tested them, those games aren’t even close).

But otherwise, yeah. He was definitely on top of his game this year. Last year was Matthew’s year, this year it was Nathan’s. Ken is still probably the best player at GenCon, especially given that he plays even less than myself or the Ash’s play (I play about 10 games outside GenCon each year, Ken plays about 0).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con