Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old November 9th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 11/7/18!

I'd move the tree on the far sides of each map to the rock hex that's adjacent to each glyph. You might have to reconfigure the nearby road to compensate for that.
Old November 9th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks so much @JaesShurrig , @kolakoski , @BiggaBullfrog , and @Cleon .

The pathing is interesting on this one. I too have been worrying about the movement of double based figures as you guys mentioned, particularly with the middle section. I originally had two one hex rock pieces where the trees are on top, and I am leaning towards changing that back as that will give more room for larger figures to fit in there. I was also worried about the middle being too powerful, which led to overcompensating with those level 5 sides that are now too powerful. oops.

Your thoughts have given me some ideas, so give me a bit and I'll post an update with a download link. Thanks again guys.
@kolakoski - I'll definitely include how this map came to be in the next post. And yeah, I'll build the board and post pictures. Also - anytime you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to make a change to one of my maps to better fit their personal preferences, I'm totally cool with that. So don't even worry about it. And yeah, it took me a second, but I figured it out - Sirocco! I just played a game on that map a week ago.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 10th, 2018, 11:02 AM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@JaesShurrig , @kolakoski , @BiggaBullfrog , and @Cleon

Step in the right direction? I mostly adjusted the locations of wall pieces and trees. I did lower those outside high points, added two single hexes of height in the middle (also to open it up a little more) and tweaked ladders in order to better contest those height positions in the middle.

Curious how you feel about the changes. Thanks again for your feedback guys.

Outpost At Ostriyick:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x FoA

EDIT: Sorry for not building the actual map - didn't have time right now.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
[MENTION=47672]JaesShurrig[/MENTION], [MENTION=5499]kolakoski[/MENTION], [MENTION=8793]BiggaBullfrog[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2437]Cleon[/MENTION]

Step in the right direction? I mostly adjusted the locations of wall pieces and trees. I did lower those outside high points, added two single hexes of height in the middle (also to open it up a little more) and tweaked ladders in order to better contest those height positions in the middle.

Curious how you feel about the changes. Thanks again for your feedback guys.

Outpost At Ostriyick:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x FoA

EDIT: Sorry for not building the actual map - didn't have time right now.
I like it a lot. I've always thought there should be more maps that use ladders, even when there aren't castle walls. Ladders are just a really cool mapmaking tool!
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks like a map I would choose for a tournament, and I agree with rednax that the ladders are a nice change. I also like the mixture of both columns and trees as LoS blockers; often it's one or the other.

It looks like it might be hard on 2-space figures, but that's ok as a feature and not a bug. I also like to see the road sit more in the terrain, rather than on it, but that's a minor quibble.

It looks like an excellent map, @Flash_19 . Thank you for sharing it with us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I agree with D_S I’m loving this one.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 12th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I like it a lot. I've always thought there should be more maps that use ladders, even when there aren't castle walls. Ladders are just a really cool mapmaking tool!
Thanks rednax! Yeah - I really like the look of ladders combined with the battlements, and they are a very useful tool. I wish they were used more too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It looks like a map I would choose for a tournament, and I agree with rednax that the ladders are a nice change. I also like the mixture of both columns and trees as LoS blockers; often it's one or the other.

It looks like it might be hard on 2-space figures, but that's ok as a feature and not a bug. I also like to see the road sit more in the terrain, rather than on it, but that's a minor quibble.

It looks like an excellent map, @Flash_19 . Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thanks for that D_S! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I agree with D_S I’m loving this one.
Thanks Sir H!

Old November 14th, 2018, 11:46 PM

I'm really excited for this one, and I hope you'll like it.

After posting Juxtaposed, @TREX suggested a map built in the same style that was a 4-player free-for-all. Well, here it is! And once again, I don't have a name yet...

4-Player Split
Requires 2x RotV, 2x RttFF, 1 TT, 1 FoA

Important Notes:
1) While the two sides of Juxtaposed only use 1 RotV each, this map splits the 2 RotV between the two sides (sorry, I tried to make it work, but couldn't). So, even if you want to just build one side, you'll need more than 1 RotV.

2) See the build instructions for info about the start zones

3) I always love feedback for how to improve my maps! And I'd love to know if you try it out and what you thought. I may still make changes based on playtesting, but I just really wanted to post it.

Last edited by Flash_19; November 15th, 2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Removed a little bit of magic... :)
Old November 15th, 2018, 01:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 11/14/18!

Very cool use of the sets. They look great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 15th, 2018, 02:57 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

You're a freaking magician!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:19 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Seriously! Some of the columns are floating! It's magical! :P
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Seriously! Some of the columns are floating! It's magical! :P
Lol. Good catch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios