Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
My FLGS is discounting my pre-order by 15% and is letting me pay $10 a week w/out interest. Total cost $53.
Try that at Amazon!
Three cheers for FLGS's!
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:48 PM

eldurand has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark22
Three cheers for FLGS's!
I would if I could find a decent one. I called the one we do have and they had never heard of the game. I am waiting to hear back from them, they will check with their distributor on Monday...
Old October 14th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm all pre-ordered and ready!!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wish I had the money
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:41 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I think this is going to be a phenominal game. No, it doesn't really compete with Heroscape, but I like that it will set up & play fast. Some times we just don't have the time to build a monster HS map and have at it with 2000 point armies. This game will be great for those occasions.

I'm already a huge MM44 & CCA fan, so this is a no brainer for me. Here's what I really like:

*The figures are ready to play out of the box. No pulling them off the pastic, no stickers for the flags.

* The expandable it is NOT collectable. That was one thing that worried me when I first got the promotional email.

*Like MM44 it looks to be more than a complete game right out of the box, so buying expansions will truly be optional.

*It's DOW, so you know the quality of the components will be very high

*An 80 page rule book! I LOVE rules! And from other DOW games I know that most of those pages are filled with photos and examples, plus I'm guessing there are a bunch of scenarios. And the book is bound so it should stand up well to lots of flipping through the pages.

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, check out the primer on the game:

http://static.battlelore.com/lang/en.../bl_primer.pdf
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Wish I had the money
cardhaus has it for $45 as a pre order

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Wish I had the money
cardhaus has it for $45 as a pre order
Again, I wish I had the money.
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:14 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Phoenix games has it for $47, and they say that includes the promotional figure. I went ahead and pre-ordered there.
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
jbbnbsmith, where is that store located?
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:35 PM

deehizzle has disabled reputation
According to Thought Hammer you cant get any of the promo stuff through online stores........
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
True for any online store without a B&M store presence (which is the case for Thoughthammer.) But an online store with a B&M store could work it out since how does DoW know your preorder is for in-store customers or on-line customers. WK tries to stop on-line stores from doing the buy-it-by-the-brick programs but it's possible to skirt it if the online store is also a B&M store too. They just send you a receipt for your purchase along with your brick. This is not an endorsement against local FLGS since I believe if you have a decent one you should support it but there are a lot of people who live in areas without a store and can't participate.

Newb.
Old October 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM

eldurand has disabled reputation
My previously clueless FLGS looked into it, and my copy is on preorder! Hooray!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games