Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 24th, 2019, 09:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Stargirl

Have we made a decision here on the last page and a half of discussion?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’d bump this for Ronin in a day or two once he’s had time to recover from all the lifting he’s doing for the July release right now!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2019, 10:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Whoops, this one slipped my mind.

It looks like the text is actually accurate to the intent. If we wanted to clarify it further and make it a little closer to Force Field X, we could take the Force Field X wording but go more like "no figures are affected by the attack" instead of "[fella with Force Field X] is not affected by the attack"

Quote:
PROTECTIVE FORCE FIELD X
If Stargirl or any figure you control adjacent to Stargirl is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, no figures are affected by that attack.
Also would love to see a Legend LD from V one of these days!
Old July 25th, 2019, 08:36 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that reads crystal clear, Ronin. I'd support that update.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Can we possibly get an FAQ here about how “after taking a turn” works with an “instead of taking a turn” ability? Just seems like nice clarity to have.

I can try writing it if that’ll help.
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:31 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Can we possibly get an FAQ here about how “after taking a turn” works with an “instead of taking a turn” ability? Just seems like nice clarity to have.

Seriously??

Are you going to FAQ that for all the figures that use that action? For that matter shouldn't you FAQ all those that use "instead of" also? Because if there is an issue between the 2 actions you should ensure both sides are clarified.

But seriously this seems overkill for a standard part of the HS game. If memory serves me correctly it's also used on some original HS figures.
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:

Seriously??

Are you going to FAQ that for all the figures that use that action? For that matter shouldn't you FAQ all those that use "instead of" also? Because if there is an issue between the 2 actions you should ensure both sides are clarified.

But seriously this seems overkill for a standard part of the HS game. If memory serves me correctly it's also used on some original HS figures.
My problem is that "instead of taking a turn" is treated differently than "instead of moving" and "instead of attacking." That's confusing, and really...what is a FAQ hurting?

As much as I love Heroscape, it's not a perfect system. It has very unclear wording and rulings in a few corner cases. And because of that, I don't think giving a confused player a clarification in-book is a bad thing at all. I don't want the books to be pages of red and blue text, but I absolutely think that spelling out legitimately confusing stuff is a good thing, and I wish we had the energy to do it consistently across the board.

As for the rest of your question...this is tied to a discussion had behind-the-scenes.
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:09 PM

What would your proposed FAQ be?

Old September 24th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
My problem is that "instead of taking a turn" is treated differently than "instead of moving" and "instead of attacking." That's confusing, and really...what is a FAQ hurting?
When you're saying that they're treated differently, you're referring to the way cards use "after attacking" and similar to dictate timing during a turn (usually the card's own turn) without actually requiring an attack? (Whereas an "After taking a turn" power like Stargirl's does require the figure to take a turn)
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Just A Head

Exactly. When a power says "after moving with ___" it really means "after the movement phase." It triggers whether you actually physically move the figure or not. Same isn't true for "after taking a turn."

Idk, maybe an FAQ isn't needed or is only needed when the relevant unit is released or whatever. I'm not super motivated to do it, just seemed like a quick easy thing that might help somebody.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library