Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2011, 11:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
The Book of Black Cat

The Book of Black Cat

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 7
TRICK OR TREAT

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Clobberin Time set.
Its model number and name are #022-024 / Black Cat.
Its model number and name are #108 / Felicia Hardy.
Character Bio - Felicia Hardy was the daughter of a notorious cat burglar, Walter Hardy, who was imprisoned for his crimes. Felicia became determined to follow in his footsteps. She trained herself in martial arts and combat, acrobatics, strength and agility. She also learned the techniques of thieves such as lock picking, safe cracking and evasion of security systems. Felicia then amassed a great fortune through elaborate heists of valuable artifacts such as jewels and art. She used the money to purchase upgraded equipment and a costume which added both strength and mechanical claws. Felicia also possessed the ability to cause bad luck for those around her. Initially this bad luck befell everyone around her, including friends such as Spider-Man. Eventually, Felicia learned to control the ability such that it only affected her enemies.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - How do I climb with Black Cat?
    A -
    Quote:
    Level - heights of elevation on the battlefield

Space - horizontal locations on the battlefield that figures can occupy

When you would move with a flying figure, you count each space as you go while ignoring elevations. When Black Cat climbs, you count each space as you go basically ignoring up to 2 levels. So Black Cat moves just one space from level 0 to a level 2 hill and only used 1 movement. She could also move one space from level 0 to a level 4 hill and only use 2 movement.
  • Q: Black Cat counts ladder rungs 2 for 1 since they are elevation changes?
    A: No, 1 ladder rung equals 2 elevations, so the bonus of the ladder is doing the same thing as the Climb ability, therefore only one is used at a time, your choice (you can look up the official ruling for Climb x2 and how it does not work on ladders if you need to).

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:45 PM. Reason: png
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Cat ~ Design Phase

NAME = BLACK CAT

SECRET IDENTITY = FELICIA HARDY

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = SEDUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS 135

CAT BURGLAR
Black Cat can move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving and before attacking, if there is not a glyph on this card, you may choose a figure that Black Cat moved through this turn with at least one Equipment Glyph on its card and place a glyph from that card on this card.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Black Cat, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Black Cat's height of 5 when climbing. Black Cat never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

BAD LUCK AURA
When an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Black Cat, you may subtract 2 from the roll. When an opponent's figure attacks Black Cat and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Bad Luck Aura can only be used once for each attack.

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 1st, 2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Original draft before incorporating any feedback:
Spoiler Alert!

My intent was to play up these aspects of this character:
  • An accomplished thief who was adept at stealing jewels, art and other high profile valuable items.
  • Acrobatic ability to climb walls and buildings with ease. This ability is augmented by her costume.
  • As a thief, Black Cat can move into and out of her target without being detected.
  • Black Cat is a skilled hand combat fighter. Her costume contains retractable claws and also enhances her strength (though not to Super Strength levels)
  • Black Cat's Bad Luck Aura projected onto those around her. Later in her career, she learned to control the aura such that it would only affect enemies. I went for this kind of a power because I wanted her to be a playable character in proximity to friendly figures, and not to be a Runa type character.
Aspects of this character that were omitted from this draft:
  • In some stories, Black Cat used a grappling hook to swing from rooftop to rooftop
  • Spider-man love interest

Last edited by Porkins; December 7th, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Awesome start!

I'm wondering if moving, THEN stealing is a bit too powerful? She can just take whatever. Maybe trigger it before moving? Might be fine, just a thought!

And for the Bad Luck Aura, I think it should just affect the d20. THe skulls thing is cool, but it's just more room on the card, and not as interesting. I like that the Cosmic Control Rod might backfire if you use it near her, haha!

But yeah, I think one or the other. She doesn't need to be that complex.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:49 PM

LP's too quick!

Reserved for comic art samples.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Porkins; January 26th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM

First order of buisiness, I think, is to find some agreement about the Cat Burglar power. Here are some other proposed versions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
CAT BURGLAR
Black Cat can move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving, if there is not a glyph on this card. You may choose a figure that Black Cat moved through this turn. If the chosen figure has an Equipment Glyph on its card, you may place it on this card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
CAT BURGLAR
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may move Black Cat up to 6 spaces. During her Cat Burglar move, Black Cat will not take any leaving engagement attacks and can pass through all figures. After moving with Cat Burglar, you may choose a figure Black Cat moved adjacent to or through with an Equipment Glyph on its Army Card. If there is no glyph on this card, you may remove the Equipment Glyph from the chosen figure's Army Card and place it on this card.
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:03 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looking good!

Since Griff's re-wording of Cat Burglar is really just a better worded version of mine, I'd just delete mine from that post.

Also, am I the only one who would like her defense dropped to 4? Probably. I don't know her that well, but is she really a consumate fighter? Seems wrong that she can defend herself better than Wolverine or as well as Batman.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:06 AM

I put her Defense at 5 since she only has 4 Life. Wolvie has Healing Factor and Bats has Evasive Strike.
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like both Porkins and Grififn's versions of Cat Burglar. They each have their advantages.

What I would like to see changed though is Bad Luck Aura so it affects all figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:40 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Griff's Burglar seems a bit more streamlined, but both could work!

I like the 5 defense. It shows she's hard to hit. Kumiko has 5 defense, and she's an 80 point ninja.

I like the aura affecting all figures, too. I understand it's annoying for your own figures, but it just seems cooler!
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I wanted all figures for Bad Luck too but as I stated before "it would make her one lonely cat". Porkins does not want this to be her fate and I have to agree. Maybe the d20 affect on all figures would be OK but definately not the attack dice power.
Looking good. This cat is a Trick and a Treat.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 7th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
EXPERT CLIMBING
When counting spaces for Black Cat's movement, elevation changes up to 2 levels count as one space. You may ignore Black Cat's height of 4 when climbing. Black Cat never takes falling damage or major falling damage.
If she climbs more than 2 levels, do you go back to counting each level i.e she could climb a 5 level wall with her move of 6, or do 2=1 and she could climb a 10 level wall?

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; December 7th, 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library