Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

I've playtested him, and he's pretty good. I'd have to say he's around a a B+. I mean, he's a ranged, flying kyrie with an attack of 4, an auto destruction power, and he can increase the minions' speed.
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just played my first game ever with Atlaga and he is a house! He rolled a 17 on my one-and-only roll thus far for Bolt, withering a full-health Cyprien (who had been Chilling Minions left and right)! He then proceeded to take out the remaining 150ish points of the opposing army single-handedly.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
. . . . He then proceeded to take out the remaining 150ish points of the opposing army single-handedly.
That about sums up my experiences with Atlaga so far. Even when he doesn't hit with his bolt, his normal attack is just beastly. A 4/3 with range and flying is nothing to scoff at. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite units.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the map was pretty good for him too, but had he missed the Bolt or died right after hitting with it, he still would've gotten 167% of his points in kills!

I really liked him with the Minions army I was playing, too. You may be tempted to think +1 Move doesn't mean as much since they can already fly, but it's a big difference!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Atlaga's purely awesome. Even though, he should only get witherwood 25% of the time, he seems to get it 75% of the time in my gaming group. And with range and flying, it's almost too easy to get 5 attack with him. When you add that he boosts the move of A- figure (Minions), an A+ figure (Raelin), two B+ figures (Protectors and Sentinels) as well as others, he's simply awesome! I'd say he's the second best thing of the wave, after the dwarves.

On a side note, I've found that the standard Protector/Atlaga army with 3 of each Protector, Atlaga, and Raelin is good to use when playtesting a map, since it tests both range and flying simultaneously. The Steamroller is a pretty good match for them, I would think, when playtesting.

On yet another side note, I'm trying to decide if Atlaga is a practical filler/clean-up figure in a non-kyrie build. Although Raelin is usually a better option, sometimes Atlaga can be the better choice if your units have to constantly move around (can't stay in the aura), don't need the extra defense, or if you already have Raelin in your army.

~Rednax
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM

I'd say Atlaga is a great clean-up option. He's pretty efficient, relatively cheap, and can turn any game around with Bolt.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:27 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was in a discussion about him last week and it was said that the best time to use the Witherwood is right away.

The rationale being that the advantage you gain from taking out a hero early on is more valuable in the first round of the game than in the 5th.

The problem with this, in my opinion anyway, is that to you not only risk whiffing, but even if you take the hero out, you will have spent 2 or possibly 3 OM's getting Atlaga in range to do so, while your opponents have been getting the rest of their figures into a favorable position on the board..

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM

Yeah, while playing I've just tried to be opportunistic with it - if he has a good target (Cyprien in the first game) or desperately needs to get out of trouble (see below), use it. Otherwise, I'll try to hold onto it.

My last game with Atlaga, it came down to him (1 Life left, he'd already taken a beating from Gruts) against 6 Heavy Gruts and Isamu - and he won! After the initial hits, he got a couple lucky rolls, then was able to use careful maneuvering until it was all over. Bolt failed on one of the two initially engaged Orcs (he was trying to off both of them before they got the last wound in), but he still came out on top, including Isamu failing his one and only Vanish attempt.

----------------------------

Double post, I know, but I just topped my Cyprien shot. Playing Atlaga/Minions again, this time against the Steamroller. Knowing the Gladiators couldn't do much, if any damage in the first round if I left my team in the start zone, I piled Order Markers on Atlaga and flew in for an assassination attempt on Spartacus. And rolled a 20. By the end of the game, what was left of the Steamroller had barely killed 1/3 of the Kyrie army.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts since they were back-to-back and both relevent.
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:34 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was thinking about this in traffic today...

You know what else is nice about Witherwood being a special ability? Besides being able to fire it at one figure while being engaged with another, you don't need the normal line of sight, you need CLEAR SIGHT, which is tactically much easier to obtain.

Especially against slender targets that like to hide behind stuff but always have wings and spears poking out... You know the one.

Old April 5th, 2010, 09:37 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

This guy's personality is Confident, and his sculpt just screams it. I always have this confident warrior leading my Kyrie armies into the thick of battle I even one-shotted DW9K first time using the Bolt of the Witherwood. This guy is just pure awesomeness...I just never get his name right! I keep calling him Altega, (All-tay-ga)
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I just never get his name right! I keep calling him Altega, (All-tay-ga)
Sounds like a personal problem to me...get a good speech therapist, perhaps?

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I just never get his name right! I keep calling him Altega, (All-tay-ga)
Sounds like a personal problem to me...get a good speech therapist, perhaps?

Brandon
more like dyslexia, I always switch the T and the L

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units