Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody w/the gf Saturday night. We both liked it, with minor quibbles (I thought the prosthetic teeth were distracting, she thought the film took too much of the viewer’s knowledge of Freddie Mercury for granted). But overall, good work- the concert sequences were amazing.

Before that, she showed me An Education which... yeah. Good for what it is. Alfred Molina & the actress who played Jenny (her name escapes me) did fine work.
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Watched a bunch of episodes of Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-Ray (just released). Good to watch in HD, as in the past all I had bootleg downloads of rips off TV and later Amazon Prime Stream copies, but this HD Remaster is great (you can also watch in HD streaming on DC Universe). Watched with a friend my age who swears he never saw a single episode - he loves Batman movies but has only recently warmed up to cartoons not being just for kids, and he thought show was really great and a lot better than he expected - so it holds up even for the most discerning viewers with no Nostalgia factor.

Watch Searching for a third time in theaters - not sure the last time I have loved a movie enough to see it a third time in theaters, but it is still worth it. Brief synopsis is a Father has a semi-strained relationship with daughter who goes missing in the beginning, and must use her social media and other computer life to track her down, and a mystery with twists and turns unfolds. The catch is it is told entirely from the perspective of computer screens including video chat, and uses realistic screens from as actual Windows, MacOS, Facebook, Google, YouTube, tumblr, etc, just like a normal person would use. It is surprisingly engaging and I would recommend going to 2nd run theater ($1-$3 theaters now) if you can as even though movie is simulated on computer screen you really need 4k+ resolution and big screen to notice everything.
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:58 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I love the DC animations of the Timverse, and own all of Batman, Superman, and Justice League. I enjoy showing an episode or two to adult pals, such as the JL Unlimited episode where Batman tries to save Wonder Woman, who's been turned into a Pig by Circe! Its a very adult episode, and surprises my older friends who have never seen any of this animation! I feel its gone downhill since Bruce Tim left the scene, but I treasure these and the other animated movies that he supervised during those years.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:19 PM

joyknights Woo who?

I am a Hero, a manga movie adaptation. I don't know if I will laugh or get scared because of the protagonist.
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:59 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@chas If I remember correctly that episode has Batman sing, and Kevin Conroy is not that bad. Still remember Wonder-pig runnning through slaughter house as both macabre and ridiculous at same time. Anyway, agree with you on DCAU/TimVerse as great and DC direct movies not as good for the most part. However check out “Beware the Batman” show which came out a couple years ago and was produced by Glen Murakami who also worked on Batman:TAS. Has CG Animation which is different but good, and has continuing story line and new villains, but is closest to tone to Batman: TAS show.
Old November 12th, 2018, 07:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think another thing that sets the Timmverse apart is how he used the other shows to wrap up and complete story lines. The excellent way he wrapped up Batman Beyond and Superman: TAS using Justice League and Unlimited was awesome. Someday I'd like to own it all (currently only have JL and JLU and a couple of the movies), but we'll see. Another stroke of genius was the final episode where the JL give the bad guys a head start after they work together to save the world. Timm managed to have you feel both satisfied with the completion and that plotpoint we all know and love "the neverending fight for truth and justice goes on!"

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I thought I'd pretty much seen every WWII film ever made, but today on Turner Classic I saw an amazing one. I've heard of the famous movie From Here To Eternity, but this one is Hell To Eternity (1960), starring Jeffrey Hunter. During the depression he is saved from being an orphan and homeless by a Japanese American family who adopts him. There are many great Asian actors in it, and yes, pal George is played by George Takei. After Pearl Harbor, his adopted family is sent to the internment camps.

In this real life biopic the hero joins the Marines, lands on Saipan, and called "Gabby" because he speaks Japanese, fights hard but also rescues a number of enemy soldiers and civilians by talking them out of caves. When his pals are killed he goes on a rampage. But then when he has a rare opportunity to capture a Japanese general, the "Pied Piper of Saipan" talks him into telling 1,000 Japanese soldiers and 500 civilians to surrender, instead of making a final suicide Banzai charge, or leaping off cliffs (they'd been told the Americans would torture them if captured).

This is a sensitive and very timely telling of an important story. The director said "The studio just thought of it as a good war story; they had no idea what I was doing." See it.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Great movie @chas . Last night I watched The Wolf of Wall Street. Margot Robbie naked. Astounding!

Old December 7th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, Quaaludes: The Movie.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I also noticed that both the fighter and magic-user in my signature are both left-handed. Go southpaws!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; December 7th, 2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old December 7th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I also noticed that both the fighter and magic-use in my signature are both left-handed. Go southpaws!
I can drink to that!
Old December 8th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

We watched Mogli: Legend of the Jungle tonight on Netflix.

It was different enough from the Disney version of a few years ago for us to enjoy. This is a darker version that isn't suited for young children.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies