Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Have you given any thought at all to the previously discussed 2(or more) terrain packs to every one large pack?
Yes. It's better than the current packout, but it might not be enough better.
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljovin
To Wizards:

Will you be supporting Heroscape in other languages than English? I'm thinking specifically French for the Canadian and European market.
Not at this time, but maybe sometime in the future.
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
Hi there, I have 2 questions for wotcpbarclay...

1. Does this mean that WotC will start distributing Heroscape in Australia as well? So far, we've had nothing down under, so it's a huge untapped market here.

2. Is WotC and Heroscape making an appearance at GenCon-Australia? (July 3-6, http://www.genconoz.com/ ) If so, this would be massive new for us Oz heroscape fans.

Thanks
I'd also be interested to hear Paul's response to this, but I can tell you for a fact that WotC Oz are already distributing HS down under and have been doing so since July '07. I have proof as they mailed me replacement figures for some faulty ones in my Marvel Set.

I asked about GenCon Oz as well, and WotC Oz replied that they would be there, but were uncertain about HS related activities.

There's a pile of history about Australian supply on this forum if you do a search RegMan...
"What he said." (actually, they've been doing the distribution all along, as Hasbro Australia and WotC Australia are the same people) I've known Dale and the team down there for years, and they're a great group. They'll know what they're doing way more than I would.
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh
I have a question about the sales strategy and how this is going to attract new players.

If Walmart and the big chains don't sell the Mastersets and the hobby stores only sell terain expansion sets, how will new players come to the game? I know I got hooked seeing the sets at Toys-R-Us.

I know you probably can't talk specifically about which big chains are on board, but could you answer this on more general terms.
The big chains are all still carrying the master set - I don't see that changing. And, we're providing some master sets to the core for a limited time at a price that will encourage them to carry the sets.
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Re: Caves land expansion set

[quote="guido"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfheim
Question for Wizards: You mentioned that we should be seeing some more scape hit the shelves in February (At least I think you said something like this a while back). Could you possibly be more specific as to what we will/might start seeing? Is it new (the desert set, which I kind of doubt that there was enough time to mass produce it but I could be wrong) or is it old scape? If old, what Wave or Waves. I am really excited to see my stores replace their overstock of wave six with something I need. Thank you.
It's existing product - it takes a while to make stuff in China and ship it to the US. I know there's Wave 3 out there (either now or soon), and there's some other stuff coming over from China too. Then, more Wave 7's going to start hitting shelves in April
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
Maybe a broader question would be this: Would WotC support third party developers to produce officially sanctioned material in support of Heroscape? That would include, for example, publishing a book on how to customize Heroscape terrain tiles. Thanks!
We'd certainly be open to proposals. I'm not going to make any promises here, though, as any proposal would have to be run through Legal.
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
A question comes to my mind, related to our custom cards:
We got a Hasbro's Official stance on Custom units, which was a cool fact.

Are WotC still agreing to that? and should we change that phrase?
We're still agreeing to that exact statement. Since it's fallen off the Hasbro website, here it is in full.

Question

What are "Custom" Heroscape figures and terrain?

Answer

HEROSCAPE has a large fan base that enjoys creating custom additions to the established universe.

Custom additions are figures and terrain that are not created or distributed by Hasbro. We do not support or suggest using custom figures on our official HEROSCAPE battlefields, and we never include them in official scenarios and battlefields. Custom additions may not be copied from genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product.

The HEROSCAPE name can only be used to refer to genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product, it must be clear that any custom additions are not created by, distributed, or endorsed by Hasbro, and the following credit line must appear: "HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved."
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedpoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBone
Beyond the 10 figure expansion already revealed for Marvel Heroscape, is anything else in the works (even early planning stages) for Marvel? If so, can we have any hints?
wotcbarclay said he didn't have any info on future expansions, but I'm hoping there will be many more to come.

I have a question for Mr. Barclay, is there someone from WOTC that reads the Marvel forums the way you read through the classic scape forums? We have a "desired figures" thread going on, but it would be all for naught if no one official reads through it periodically.

-ClonedPoop
P.S. Please make the Scarlet Spider for the 2nd Marvel Expansion.
Not nearly as much (and I haven't looked at it yet) - I'd persuade Jexik to add the thread to his WotC Hub, as that means more people will see it.
Old February 8th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
What is being done to help FLGSs--or is the plan to incorporate them better in HS distribution still a ways off?

(Thanks again, Paul, for working with us all here!)
We're still trying to build up the core stores. It'll probably take a little more time for them to get fully behind Heroscape, but we should have much better core store support by the time the Wave 7 reprint comes in.
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
BTW Paul, is WOTC also taking control of the website? We were all very happy to see the updated sight last year and I would love to see that sight actively maintained.
Yes, we're taking control of the website within a couple of months - we have to get people freed up from a couple of other big projects before we add more work to their plates.
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1shark
I know this is alittle offtopic but...(it belongs more so in the new master set) I wouldnt mind seeing the old aquilla's alliance figures and name transported to the new master set thus making the new master set titled: Aquilla's Alliance. Put all the new large figures in there along with many other creatures and things proposed on the forums. My question here is would WOTC think that a simple solution to the problem of finding a home for there newly found large figures?

Second Question: WOTC consider revamping or making any new glyphs?
I think that's an option. Maybe not at the top of the list, as it would reduce the total number of figs you could put in the set, but it's definitely on the list.

As for your second question, yes, definitely.
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
1) If you could say, what are some of the ideas you guys are batting around to handle the jungle trees situation? Anything new in the past few weeks, or is the plain-packaging/game-store-only approach still the most likely resolution?

2) Once April 1 hits, what kind of changes are we likely to see first? Website changes? Online purchasing changes? What kind of work is being done before then and what kind of work can you not do until the changeover is official?
1: We're talking some ideas through with our distributors. I imagine we'll know a lot more sometime next week. I think that approach is the most likely solution, but it's not the only one on the table.

2: Good questions. Probably not many website/online purchasing changes. And, we can do just about any work before April 1st, so I think you'll see a pretty seamless transition (it's really the big stores that will see the biggest changes, but even those will be invisible unless you're actually looking at the computer).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News