Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Kaemon Awa

Hate to break all of the good hype going around for everybody's favorite hero, but in recent D&D, I fear that Kaemon might be getting outdone for 120 points. While Kaemon excels more in some situations, it seems as if the fen hydra and Siege are just as good or better in some. Also, you can't forget that Kurrok, the "kato katsuro" of elementals, in most cases is better than Kato. Especially with my name and all, I don't like typing this, but does anyone sense some power creep here?
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Hate to break all of the good hype going around for everybody's favorite hero, but in recent D&D, I fear that Kaemon might be getting outdone for 120 points. While Kaemon excels more in some situations, it seems as if the fen hydra and Siege are just as good or better in some. Also, you can't forget that Kurrok, the "kato katsuro" of elementals, in most cases is better than Kato. Especially with my name and all, I don't like typing this, but does anyone sense some power creep here?
I've sensed some Power Creep here, but not a lot. I think it's mostly because many of the DnD units are B+ when many of the classic were C+ to B.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Comparing apples to oranges, really. You'd include them all at 120 points, sure, but in different armies depending on what the army needs. Kaemon is a better rat-killer than any of the ones you named, for instance.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Quote:
Comparing apples to oranges, really. You'd include them all at 120 points, sure, but in different armies depending on what the army needs. Kaemon is a better rat-killer than any of the ones you named, for instance.
Fen Hydra?... you've got to consider there's gonna be something shooting over the top of the rats.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:43 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

The Fen Hydras sure have insane offensive abilities and a mean defense to boot. What Kaemon Awa had advantage over this great beast is manueverability. KA's single hex provides a lot of movement options especially in tight places and good climbing abilities compared to FH. But yes, FH beats KA when there's lots of water. KA's range also makes him more versatile.

Siege, I can see him trump KA. But again, KA's range gives him the versatility advantage. So I guess things can still boil down to strategies. Siege can shine, but not necessarily overshadowing KA in a major way.

Kurrok, I don't see this guy as a pure 120 pointer. If you want to use his specials, you need to spent some more points to recruits elementals. Without elementals in your army, he's just another close-quarter figure with 3 attacks and 3 defense, not really that impressive. It's gonna take a lot for him (a lot of elementals) to outshine KA that easily. Although I think Kato is better than Kurrok in terms of stats allowing him to hold his own ground better than Kurrok. Granted that Kurrok's ability to summon a destroyed elemental is just mean. If Kurrok was allowed to give up his turn for a Greater Ice Elemental, then that would be really wicked. But both Kurrok and Kato are made for thematic setups in order to maximize their abilities, so depending on your playing style, that can either be good or bad. And again, Kurrok lacks the versatility of KA.

Personally, if you know your playing style and when to use KA or not, I don't see these D&D figures can easily replace KA as simple as what their stats shows. They may be great but not necessarily as flexible as KA has been. Besides I think it would be fun to have KA/FH or KA/Siege in your army... of course, you can have an FH/Siege too. Whichever you choose, I'm pretty sure it'll be fun.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by screwDriver; October 3rd, 2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Edit some stuff about Kato and Kurrok.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Have Your 120 Point Cake and Eat It Too

140 Phantom Knights
120 Kaemon
120 Hydra
120 Siege
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Smile Re: The Book of Kaemon Awa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I've sensed some Power Creep here, but not a lot. I think it's mostly because many of the DnD units are B+ when many of the classic were C+ to B.
True, but the designers seem to be leveling out the playing field for many under/over powered classic figures with each D&D release. I'm sure I've missed some, but this is what I've come up with.

Boosted
- Charos : Greenscale Warriors
- Kelda : Fen Hydra
- Zettian Guards : Torin
- Spiders : Estivara, Wyvern
- Wolves of Badru : Werewolf Lord
- Taelord, Dumutef Guard, more : Death Knights of Valkrill

Countered
- Dwarves : Greenscales (dragon vs dwarves without screen = suicide)
- Ranged Commons : Phantom Knights
- Special Attackers (Q9/Q10/Kaemon/etc) : Iron Golem
- Flying heroes : Brandis Skyhunter
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Most of the DnD's look powerful because of some older failed characters: (i have never won with dund, he is just too risky) also, the tarn vikings are a powerful melee squad and they're cheap and no one complains about them. I also think that KA is a great unit for any army. I hope some new samurai will come out soon because samurai are really cool, and i know that they can seriously give a fen hydra somethin to think about before attacking.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:17 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think part of it is that before KA was the best 120 point hero option in the game. No questions asked. Plus, in some army builds he is one of the best uses of 120 points.

Now, with more 120 point hero options there is some more competition. He didnt lose any ability, however, no with other options that give different tactical abilities you have more choices.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierking View Post
Most of the DnD's look powerful because of some older failed characters: (i have never won with dund, he is just too risky) also, the tarn vikings are a powerful melee squad and they're cheap and no one complains about them. I also think that KA is a great unit for any army. I hope some new samurai will come out soon because samurai are really cool, and i know that they can seriously give a fen hydra somethin to think about before attacking.
D&D has quite a few cool looking samurai that would make great heroes.

Made 2 custom melee focused samurai heroes. Here
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Hate to break all of the good hype going around for everybody's favorite hero, but in recent D&D, I fear that Kaemon might be getting outdone for 120 points. While Kaemon excels more in some situations, it seems as if the fen hydra and Siege are just as good or better in some. Also, you can't forget that Kurrok,...does anyone sense some power creep here?
(Italics mine for emphasis.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I think part of it is that before KA was the best 120 point hero option in the game. No questions asked. Plus, in some army builds he is one of the best uses of 120 points.
It's funny how when Toad Rocket says it it sounds like a response, but Kaemon Awa actually admitted as much in his post.

Before: The only decent hero in the range.
After: Now KA has some competition, poor little KA. OUCH! Hey! Why are you shooting me! Aaargh! Aaargh! I'm dying, I'm dying.

I don't sense any power creep. I sense a fair fight. Go Fen Hydra! OUCH! Stop that KA!

EDIT: Fen Hydra wins the toe-to-toe matchup 62% of the time, but that's not taking into consideration KA's ranged attacks. In reality? It's probably a toss up in a one on one competition.

Last edited by Kroc; October 5th, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, power creep is when new units start making all the old stuff obsolete (in terms of rankings, new stuff would be A- to A+, pushing down previous units down). That isn't happening. We are just getting less C or less units than we used to because of the awesome work of the design team.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units