Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Black Bat

The Book of Black Bat

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman set.
Its model number and name are #010 / Blackbat.

Current Glyphs of Utility
Character Bio - The daughter of two assassins and raised as one herself, Cassandra Cain’s childhood left her traumatized and mute. She was taken in by Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Oracle (Barbara Gordon), who helped her to overcome her trauma. In honor of them she became the second Batgirl, fighting crime with their guidance and support. When Bruce Wayne was presumed dead, Cassandra passed the mantle of Batgirl on to her friend Stephanie Brown and left Gotham. Later, Cassandra was found by Red Robin in Hong Kong, with a new outfit and the name Black Bat. She refused to return to Gotham with him, but instead joined Batman Inc. as the protector of Hong Kong.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Viegon (@190, 5 attack, Fists of Fury, DP9)
  • Second playtest: Lazy Orang (@190, 5 attack, Fists of Fury, DP9)
  • Third playtest: TrollBrute (@180, 4 attack, Furious Assault, DP9)
  • Fourth playtest: johnny (@180, 4 attack, Furious Assault, DP9)
  • Fifth playtest: Viegon (@180, 4 attack, DP11; games 1 & 2 with Double Attack, games 3, 4, & 5 with Fists of Fury)
  • Sixth playtest: Ronin (@180, 4 attack, Fists of Fury, DP11)
  • Seventh playtest: Lazy Orang (@180, 4 attack, Fists of Fury, DP11)
  • Eighth playtest: BamBam (@200, 5 attack, Fists of Fury, DP11)
  • Ninth playtest: Viegon (@200, 5 attack, Fists of Fury, DP11)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
  • Cassandra Cain created by Kelley Puckett, Damion Scott, and Jordan B. Gorfinkel

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: png
Old April 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bat - Design Phase

NAME = BLACK BAT
SECRET IDENTITY = CASSANDRA CAIN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = TACITURN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

UTILITY BELT 1
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place one Utility Equipment Glyph of your choice on this card. Black Bat cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless she is destroyed.

FISTS OF FURY
If Black Bat rolls at least 3 skulls with her normal attack, Black Bat may attack again with her normal attack. Black Bat may continue attacking with her normal attack until Black Bat rolls fewer than 3 skulls. Black Bat cannot attack more than four times in a single turn.

DEFENSIVE PREMONITION 11
Before rolling defense dice for Black Bat, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, roll 3 additional defense dice and if the attacking figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Black Bat, count each excess shield as one unblockable hit on the attacking figure.

Last edited by Viegon; April 19th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old April 27th, 2016, 01:25 PM

This is the same write-up from my design thread, except I dropped Combat Dexterity and replaced it with Fists of Fury (bumping her attack from 4 to 5), though if people prefer Combat Dexterity I have no issue going back to it. Alternatively, if she’s coming in too strong we could drop her attack to 4 and replace Fists of Fury with Furious Assault from Red Arrow. Defensive Premonition (or some version of it) is a must for theme, and I think Utility Belt 1 is a perfect fit for the other Bat-Characters like this.

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

MINI BACKGROUNDS:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; December 3rd, 2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old April 27th, 2016, 01:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Not a lot to work with here; the one in the OP is my favorite:
I agree that the one in the OP is great. I believe I can deal with text over it so not an issue.

I like fist of fury over Combat Dexterity.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 27th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't mind playing with the Defensive Premonition roll a bit, in either direction.

No real preference on the exact flavor of multiattack.

Is she really the Utility Belt type? I was always under the impression she was more of a bruiser - less tech, more skill.
Old April 27th, 2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I wouldn't mind playing with the Defensive Premonition roll a bit, in either direction.
I thought about it, but I worried lowering it would make it too strong, and raising it seemed unthematic (since this is a more experienced version of the character).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Is she really the Utility Belt type? I was always under the impression she was more of a bruiser - less tech, more skill.
My comic knowledge of her time as Black Bat is very limited, and I do think she tends to rely on her skill, but I like the idea of all the Batman Inc. characters getting Utility Belt 1 for thematic reasons [redact-tastic].

Last edited by Ronin; March 18th, 2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old April 27th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig it. Three power reuses, but all good choices, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 27th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Utility Belt 1 as a thematic tie in for Batman Inc. characters. Shows that they're all funded and equipped by Bruce.

I would be fine raising the Defensive Premonition roll up 2 or 3. Yeah, she's more experienced, but I think it can be justified as being less defensive, more focused on offense. Plus, she's already going to be a powerhouse with that and Fists of Fury.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 28th, 2016, 01:19 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I like Utility Belt 1 as a thematic tie in for Batman Inc. characters. Shows that they're all funded and equipped by Bruce.
We could always take it one step further...

Batman, Inc.
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place one Utility Equipment Glyph of your choice on this card. If you drafted a Bruce Wayne figure at the start of the game, Black Bat cannot lose this Equipment Glyph by any means unless she is destroyed.

Ties it in even more, and we get the actual name of it in there. And then Bruce has to be around to fund it.

I think it's a great write-up, happy to see her!
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:50 PM

Pretty quiet here. I think I'll leave her as-is for now, but if she's coming in too strong raising the roll on Defensive Premonition is the obvious tweak. So:

I propose we move Black Bat to Initial Playtesting.

VOTES:
@IAmBatman - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea
@Karat - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea
@SirGalahad - Yea

I'm thinking I'll start her at 190 points, since she seems like she'll be about on the same level as Black Canary (which seems about thematic; I want to keep her cost under 200 for sure though).

And while I'm at it, any issues @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer ?

Last edited by Viegon; May 2nd, 2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:56 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Bat - Vote for Initial

yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Black Bat - Vote for Initial

yea. If she comes in too strong, I'd rather adjust down the 5 attack/Fists of Fury combo (by either going 4 attack or Furious Assault) than giving her a weaker Defensive Premonition than her Batgirl incarnation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library