Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: M.O.D.O.K. - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
He's supposed to be Designed Only for Killing!

More carnage, please.

I really like Bat's suggestions. Oh, and a D20 auto wounding power that can get out of hand is exactly the type of thing I see for MODOK.
Old October 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep ... still waiting to see what Spidey (our LD) thinks of it, though ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2010, 02:37 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like it! I just designed him during our whole "we-have-too-many-d20-powers" period. I will update.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:42 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

DESIGNED ONLY FOR KILLING
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of MODOK. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. You may continue to choose figures and roll for Designed Only For Killing until you fail to roll an 8 or higher. You may target the same or different figures with each roll.

How's that?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old October 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

65% of a wound for figures on 126 different spaces -- pretty powerful

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:53 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I like it! I just designed him during our whole "we-have-too-many-d20-powers" period. I will update.
Yeah, we tend to go through cycles with those things. Currently I don't want to see any powers that let you take control of your opponent's figure for a while. Whereas, I'm almost open to D20 defensive powers again ... (maybe not for a bit still, though ...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
DESIGNED ONLY FOR KILLING
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of MODOK. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. You may continue to choose figures and roll for Designed Only For Killing until you fail to roll an 8 or higher. You may target the same or different figures with each roll.

How's that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
65% of a wound for figures on 126 different spaces -- pretty powerful
Yeah, I think a range of 5 might be a tad too high here. How about trying it at 4 to start out with?
It's going to be a streaky one! He might be looking at 300+ points, though, which I'm cool with. I could see him on about that Supergirl level.

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks good fellas, I like that Designed for Killing power. So what is that going to replace on the first page? Is he going to have DFK and the Psionic Shield X power and get rid of the other two.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM

I think Psionic Command could stay. The special attack should definitely go, though, in my opinion.

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That would be cool with me, I just remember seeing somewhere that you were tired of seeing mind control powers, so I wasn't sure.

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Hmm ... true ... but the mechanic here isn't something we've done before and I guess I do kind of like that. :-p
Spidey, how iconic is it for this guy to take mental control of others? Is it a core part of his existence or would that power concept be better saved for a different card and MODOK stripped to two powers for a nice, clean look?

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

From Wiki:

Quote:
Powers and abilities
George Tarleton is subjected to a mutagenic process that grants him superhuman intelligence, including a computer-like memory and the ability to predict probable outcomes that borders on clairvoyance, but his creativity remains at average human level. As MODOK, the character also has psionic powers enabling him to mentally control both individuals and large groups, and generate force fields able to withstand minor nuclear explosions. Courtesy of A.I.M technology, MODOK wears a headband that enables him to focus his mental power into a devastating beam.
A side effect of the mutation was the growth of Tarleton's head to the point whereby his body can no longer support the weight, necessitating the use of an exoskeleton and hoverchair. The chair is equipped with a variety of weapons including missiles and lasers. Tarleton's organs also wear out quickly, necessitating the use of harvested clones, whose organs are used to sustain him.[29]
As the leader of A.I.M, MODOK has advanced technology and a personal army at his disposal.

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM

OK, that answers the "can he do it" question, but I'd still like to hear from Spidey on "does he do it often enough that it's a core part of his iconic nature" and "is there another character this power might fit on better"?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library